The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by int92
Dear You,

stop stalking me.

I second this.
Definitely like the idea of this thread so kudos to OP :smile:

Dear You,

These last few weeks you've made me feel things I haven't felt in a long time. You've brought so much confidence back into me, you've made me want to live a little dangerously and above all you've made me happy. Its a shame, despite all the fun of getting to know you, and getting so close to you that ultimately I can't have you.

I hope that one day we'll catch up, and think back to these times and who knows, maybe just maybe something can come of it! Until then, I'll sit by silently wanting to hold you.
Dear You

I'm sorry for what was said and done, I didn't mean what i said and i was stupid and naive to think that you would laugh it off like all the other times. Ever since, this guilt has just been slowly building up inside me, and I would do anything to make it up to you. The thing is you are so fun and lovely to be around, I think I'm beginning to like you more and more as time goes on, your laugh, your smile and the weird but cute sense of humour, and your way with words. I didn't mean to annoy you or cause you embarrassment in anyway. I understand that I've been a #!*@ and I apologise for it. It was a comment that crossed the line and I understand if you don't want to speak to me again.

But I hope things will get better between us overtime. Maybe it's just me who hopes for it, I hope not. xx

Me.
Dear You

You are the best teacher ever and the most amazing person I know - I can't believe how wonderful and perfect you are. You wouldn't believe how much you have influenced me and have changed my life for the better. I think that I might be in love with you, which worries me a little sometimes as otherwise I see myself as completely straight, but I've decided not to worry about it because I'm just so happy knowing you.

Love Me
Original post by jam277
I second this.

And I third it!!!
Dear You,

7 years of friendship and suddenly you began to treat me like a stranger. I did love you. I jumped to my phone when I heard a text hoping it was from you, but it wasn't. I contemplated sending you a CD of our old favourite tracks, a birthday card, anything to make you remember me.. and love me again. But you don't, and I can't let go. You didn't even fight to stay friends with me, and you didn't care one bit when I said it was over with us and cut off contact. How could it have been so easy for you to throw me away? I still wait, hoping I'll hear from you and imagining a situation where we'll bump into each other again, but I know nothing will happen.
Dear You,

I know you miss me and I guess I kind of miss you too. We had something great but you broke my heart one too many times and the scars don't just disappear. I know you're sorry for what happened and so am I, but you broke my trust and I don't think we'd ever have been able to move on from that... I'm with somebody new and amazing now but every time we have a disagreement I find myself panicking that he's going to react like you and end everything rather than deal with it. I learnt a lot from our relationship and I hope you don't think I resent you because I don't- things could've been different between us but I think it's good we finally got out of that cycle of breaking up and getting back together. I'm with someone who appreciates me now and I'm sorry that that hurts you but try and take away the positives from our experiences together. I'm still mad at myself for letting you back in each time but I guess I believed we had something worth saving. I hope you've learnt from it and have a bit more respect for the next girl you fall for... just try thinking before you act and appreciate her or before you know it she'll have moved on just like I did.

Sort of wish we could talk again but my priority now is someone else and the way you acted when the two of us got together kind of forced me to chose between you. I do miss you but I know I made the right choice...

Hope you are ok
Love, me.
Dear You,

After commenting on a similar thread on TSR, i decided that its time for me to talk and put this to bed.

We started off great! I guess i was lucky to even get a second chance with you, as i felt i never should have rejected you in the first place! And im sorry for that (still apologising...) but it just got worse and worse. I got what i wanted, a girlfriend, someone to spend time with, love, kiss. I thought that the finishing of my AS exams and college would spark a new me. A long healthy relationship, with a girl i was deeply in love with. oh my. We argued a lot, i admit i was very insecure, and wouldn't like it when you got close to other boys, as i guess i never really trusted you, but tried to create the illusion that i did. We would argue allllll the time! You weren't so innocent either, but i always felt rotten inside so i would just run straight back to you, and you abused that... You made me feel awful. To the point where the arguments got so bad, i literally run to your house, miles away, and cried at your bedside apologising. It was a touching moment, both of us in tears yet somehow kissing, but they were tears of sadness. You also made me feel absolutely rotten on my 18th birthday, again, like i had done something wrong. It was good that i got to spend it with the person i thought you were, until you changed. Where was the girl i fell for? The one that would have a huge crush on me, constantly texting and talking, not being able to get enough of eachother. What happened to that ? In the end it turnt to arguments so bad that we had to break up, but you just left me, like an abandoned puppy dog. I was lost, had no one else really to turn, except my mum, who was a huge help! You pushed me to breaking point, led me on as we did everything that a boyfriend and girlfriend would do, yet when i asked about 'us' you would say it would never happen and that i need to stop wishing for it! Then you make me sound like the bad guy when i end it?

You know what, when i sat you down in my room and told you that it had to stop, that was one of the hardest thing i had ever done. Although i knew things were different, you come over, reluctantly, only stayed for an hour... and then wanted to go home. It was hard, but i had to do it. So i walk you to the bus stop, kiss you for what was probably one of the very last times, walk home on the brink of tears, and then you tell me you love me again? Mind****. I had enough of your games, letting go was one of the best things i had done! And you blocking communications with me was one of the best things that could of happened! I find it sad that, you tried to attach yourself to my friends, even though we had split up, as if to get back at me... Yet i left you and your friends alone, and it was only until your best friend approached me that i started to talk to her again, i guess she knows you well.

It didn't help either that you suddenly found a new boyfriend just a few weeks after i told you we couldn't carry on. The one thing you said to me(i remember this so vividly), was that you wanted to split up with me because you didn't want a relationship, it just doesn't make sense. You lied to get out of it, and now you're straight back into another one.

That relationship was horrible, and a steep learning curve from which i will learn. I dont hate you, and i know you've said it many a times but you don't hate me. Heat of the moment. Im not going to approach you, or talk to you, but if you ever need me, want to talk to me, im not going to ignore you, your just a person to me now. Not even a friend. I guess i will always have something for you, but typing out my thoughts has been a great help, and it means that i can finally put all this to rest.

In a way, i thank you, you have made me realise that there are many more girls out there, and that relationships don't have to be as serious as we both made out ours to be. I will learn from the mistakes i made with you, and hopefully not have a repeat of our relationship. I hope your family are all getting on well, i miss them, especially your dad :tongue: , funny guy! And maybe one day in the future, we may see eachother and look back on this, and laugh... But for now that is all. I used to love you, but i want to give it to someone who deserves it. You taught me that what you see on the outside is not always what you get on the inside.

I just want you to know, if only you knew some of the things i used to do for you... i.e. walk 35 mins to and from your house everytime i come to see you, just because you didn't like walking to mine. I'd watch your films, listen to your music, put up with your moaning :biggrin: , what for? nothing..

I don't regret the relationship, Sophie, i regret not ending it sooner.

I hope this means i can finally put this to bed, goodnight x

Love Me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Dear you,

It's taken me a long time to get to where I am now, and it'll be even longer until I'm completely over you.
I feel so many conflicting emotions, I'm so angry, so upset and hurt but also I feel guilty for letting go when I promised I never would, and I feel sorry for you as I know you're the way you are due to your own troubles.
I'm almost glad you turned everyone aganist me becuase if you didn't I wouldn't feel as angry, therefore feeling for gulity and sad for you.
I wish I knew if you ever truly loved me or not, why did you have to do all them things to me? It wouldn've been so perfect, my life, your life, our life together I would never have left you, cheated on you, I would've done anything for you, I loved you more than I thought it possible to love someone, you were the first and only man I've ever loved.

Even now I feel partly to blame for all them times you hit me, them times you accused me everyday of cheating or lying, I almost understood how you told me never to talk to any man, or would scream at me if I so much as looked at some other man.
Why did you never trust me? I did nothing to you, yet you did so many things to me. I cryed so many times, I had panic attacks when you screamed at me, I just couldn't take anymore, I couldn't take not knowing when you'd suddenly lash out at me for doing something wrong, I was so scared all the time, so much so that I felt physcially ill many days.

You made me feel I was to blame, I thought I was, if I just didn't do that or this, you'd love me more and change. You wouldn't abuse me every single day, you wouldn't hit me, or choke me until I thought I might die.
The times I was with you were both the best and worst of my life. I'll never love anyone more than I once loved you, nor hate anyone as much, as I gave you everything you could've ever wanted, yet all you gave me was torture, day in day out.
Even though I think I'm over the way you treated me I'm not, I feel so stupid to allow you to do that, you even said yourself, you did it because I allowed it.
Oh how I remember your mind games, the way in which you'd lie so effectlessly and manipulate me until I did everything you wanted, you did that to me on purpose. Why did you do that to me? You made me feel like crap, you made me cry ON PURPOSE, all I did was love you. How could you be so cruel?

Well thanks to you I can't trust another man. Thanks to you, I'm lonely all the time and doubt every move I make. I can't make decisions anymore, I don't trust my own judgement at all.

I also want to thank you for making me aware, for making me stronger and giving me a preview of the life I'll have if I ever let a man control me like that. Thanks for forcing me to stand up to you, to think for myself and giving me the courage to know even though somethings scary, I still have to do it.
I'm more confident now, I'm not as scared to go out in the real world and get a job in a city I've never been before, becuase you showed me what my life would've been like if I hadn't got the courage to go out into the world, and it's not a life I'd wish on my worst enermy.

I forgive you for everything you've done to me, and wish you nothing but happieness and joy in your life, and finally find a life to be happy with, without the need to bring others down to make yourself feel good.

Love forever, me.
Dear You,

I've written to you on here before but I've had a bit more alcohol in my system this time so I'd like another go. It's been over three months and you haven't said a word to me. That hurts, deeply. I know you, no matter what anyone tells me about "of course he misses you/thinks about you" - I know that, if this were true then you'd talk to me, make some sort of communcation. Ok, I haven't tried either but considering I was the one who was left completely out of the blue, again, it'd be slightly more pathetic if I tried to extend the olive branch.
You were my best friend, I never thought it was possible to love someone as much as I loved you. I would've done it, you know. Everything it took, no matter how many years we were physically apart, I would've waited. And I feel like an idiot because I believed you when you said you would too. You saved my life, and I know that I saved yours too. Maybe that was it, once you were happy and not needing someone to lean on for every emotional task - you didn't need me anymore. I reminded you of depression, or the "old you" that you were clearly trying so hard to leave behind. I hope one day you realise what a ****ty end of the deal I got - how I was a victim to your every moodswing and emotional whim, because you never could detach and think things through, could you?
But anyway, I'm sorry that I'm still thinking/writing about you three months after you left (yes, on my blog too - which you still have the address for btw, I never could change it). I'm sorry for not moving on instantly like you did and I'm sorry that I can't talk to you or be your friend now because I know that I'll fall back in love with you given the slightest provocation. I'm sorry I'm so weak, just like you always knew I was. Thankyou for those three years, I miss you.

Me
Reply 150
Dear You,

It's been 2 weeks since we last had any contact with each other and I haven't missed you at all, I hope this proves once and for all that our friendship was incredibly one sided and for the most part, it was a lie. Whilst I did count you as a friend at one point you constructed this whole fantasy in your head of me being your 'best friend' and I was supposed to treat you like a princess and you got annoyed when I didn't give you any special attention... It says a lot about our supposed friendship that when I treated you like any other friend and stop showing you this special attention that you cut all ties with me. I don't need you in my life anymore. I have other friends that are worth a hundred of you. Go and find another gullible idiot to build a completely one sided relationship with. Not everyone fancies you, you know. I don't hate you though, hate is a strong word, I don't know what I feel towards you but I hope one day you stop being so selfish, I hope you gain some perspective and I hope you realise being single is not the end of the world. You have potential to go far in your life and I hope you do but I'm afraid I don't want to be a part of your future.

Love Me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Dear you,
I'm sorry I cheated, but I'm not sorry you found out.
I love you as a friend, and maybe if I wasn't as shallow as I am we'd still be together. You're one person I could truely be myself around and you really seemed to love me for it...
It was wrong of me to start anything with you.. its time to admit I never liked you enough, and I know you kind of knew it and it hurt you.
I promise, I will never act like this again.
I'm messed up, I'm so insecure I don't even know who i am or who i want to be.
I don't know if I'm even capable of real love or a relationship and it scares me.
I'm sorry. I wish things were different.
p.s I am jealous of her, is she a better person then I am? I think she must be.
From me.
Dear You,

I'm really glad we got drunk and undid my six months of trying to get over you.

Love, Me
Reply 153
Original post by Anonymous
Dear You,

I'm really glad we got drunk and undid my six months of trying to get over you.

Love, Me

I know the feeling :frown: *hugs*
Dear you.

'Here I stand, caught on you again,
but my heart is filled with fear.
Like an eternal flame our love will remain,
as we sail the lake of tears.'

This song makes me thing of you - you know I get through everything with music.

I have been through so much heart ache for you darling, and what hurts the most is that every time you hurt me, you couldn't really see it, until now. It's been a week and a day since we broke up, and a day since I decided to give you another chance. This time I know you know that you were wrong all this time.

Still, it's been one of the hardest weeks of my life. Being hurt by the one you love when they are 6000 miles away, and having no way of knowing the truth is painful. I was ready to forget about you and move on. Enjoy the rest of my year. I missed you so much, but I was angry at you, and all the desperate emails you sent me meant nothing. You have my dad and Jake to thank for the fact that I stopped and listened to you at all. You should know I'm too proud to be beaten.

I'm glad that we talked. I think you're right, we can fix this, and we can become stronger. However I still feel pain, and that isn't going to change overnight. I'm hurt by what you did, and that you couldn't tell me. If what you say is really true, then I wish I had been stronger earlier, and I wish you had realised the first time, or the second time, or the third time, that enough was enough. I'm scared of putting my trust in you again, I'm afraid of being hurt again because I know it will be the last time. In the end, I don't want to lose you.

I've realised that now. There are so many things that are special about us. There are things I want to change too. That's why even though all this hurts so much, I think it's what we needed to move forward. I thought you didn't open up to me because we weren't connecting. I thought I was just second best, and that if you could you would have her back. Now that you've been honest I see that she's the one who wants you back, and has been messing with your feelings.

You know I told you once that I trusted you except for when it came to one girl. It's still true. I feel happy and perfectly ok with you living with a female friend, and I haven't felt worried once, not at all. But I could never accept you having your ex in your life, because I could see how she still affects you. You know Olly was with his ex for 4 years before he met me. In the whole 16 months I spent with him, I never once felt inferior or jealous of her. But in this relationship, it's always been the one thing stopping me from fully trusting you.

You know when you said you wanted to marry me, I knew that I didn't feel the same, because something wasn't right. You know I'm not good under pressure, it scared me, and now I'm actually relieved we have a chance to start afresh and take things slowly. I really believe that we can get it right, and I know that we do have something special and you are right for me.

I guess that's all, and maybe one day I'll tell you all this for real. I love you.

Love me.
Original post by Anonymous
Dear You,

I'm finding it really hard to be around you right now. When we broke up I just assumed that we could snap straight back into being friends, no harm done, but I was too naive.

I don't know whether you've changed, or whether my opinion of you is just different now, but it's not the same. It's complicated.

Everything's wrong now, I miss you and I miss our friendship. It was easy, effortless, just like breathing. But now, I don't think it'll ever be the same.

I can't wait for the day that you are comfortable around me once again, and I can make you smile and laugh like I sit and watch everyone else do every day. I love it when you laugh.

I'm sorry
Love, me

I'd like to ditto that!
Dear You,
Thank you for all the warmth and love you've brought into my life.
Love you like I never thought I would love anyone,
Me.
Original post by Sugar.And.Spice
Dear you,

It's taken me a long time to get to where I am now, and it'll be even longer until I'm completely over you.
I feel so many conflicting emotions, I'm so angry, so upset and hurt but also I feel guilty for letting go when I promised I never would, and I feel sorry for you as I know you're the way you are due to your own troubles.
I'm almost glad you turned everyone aganist me becuase if you didn't I wouldn't feel as angry, therefore feeling for gulity and sad for you.
I wish I knew if you ever truly loved me or not, why did you have to do all them things to me? It wouldn've been so perfect, my life, your life, our life together I would never have left you, cheated on you, I would've done anything for you, I loved you more than I thought it possible to love someone, you were the first and only man I've ever loved.

Even now I feel partly to blame for all them times you hit me, them times you accused me everyday of cheating or lying, I almost understood how you told me never to talk to any man, or would scream at me if I so much as looked at some other man.
Why did you never trust me? I did nothing to you, yet you did so many things to me. I cryed so many times, I had panic attacks when you screamed at me, I just couldn't take anymore, I couldn't take not knowing when you'd suddenly lash out at me for doing something wrong, I was so scared all the time, so much so that I felt physcially ill many days.

You made me feel I was to blame, I thought I was, if I just didn't do that or this, you'd love me more and change. You wouldn't abuse me every single day, you wouldn't hit me, or choke me until I thought I might die.
The times I was with you were both the best and worst of my life. I'll never love anyone more than I once loved you, nor hate anyone as much, as I gave you everything you could've ever wanted, yet all you gave me was torture, day in day out.
Even though I think I'm over the way you treated me I'm not, I feel so stupid to allow you to do that, you even said yourself, you did it because I allowed it.
Oh how I remember your mind games, the way in which you'd lie so effectlessly and manipulate me until I did everything you wanted, you did that to me on purpose. Why did you do that to me? You made me feel like crap, you made me cry ON PURPOSE, all I did was love you. How could you be so cruel?

Well thanks to you I can't trust another man. Thanks to you, I'm lonely all the time and doubt every move I make. I can't make decisions anymore, I don't trust my own judgement at all.

I also want to thank you for making me aware, for making me stronger and giving me a preview of the life I'll have if I ever let a man control me like that. Thanks for forcing me to stand up to you, to think for myself and giving me the courage to know even though somethings scary, I still have to do it.
I'm more confident now, I'm not as scared to go out in the real world and get a job in a city I've never been before, becuase you showed me what my life would've been like if I hadn't got the courage to go out into the world, and it's not a life I'd wish on my worst enermy.

I forgive you for everything you've done to me, and wish you nothing but happieness and joy in your life, and finally find a life to be happy with, without the need to bring others down to make yourself feel good.

Love forever, me.

Damn, that's terrible, I don't usually do this, but you sound like you really need one. :hugs:
Reply 158
Dear you

I am really happy to be with you but I feel really sad that there is such a tiny issue between our families that will not make us stay forever. I really do love you but sometimes you are too stubborn and selfish and you never listen to what I have to say and jump straight away with conclusion. I felt really sad the day you dumped me but now I have changed and I am doing my best to show it to you and to make our relationship,almost engagement real. I really wish that you remove that stupid relationship with that other girl on facebook. She doesnt like me and she looks really rude to me. I didnt do anything wrong to her but she hates me like hell.
Dear You,
This is it now, I have to let you go. My world is better for knowing you and I am a better person for loving you. But sometimes love isn't enough in this world we are in.

Just please know that not a day will go by where my heart won't find you.

(What's left of)
Me x

Latest

Trending

Trending