The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

How can people think homosexuality is a choice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Original post by Jester94
Again, contribute to the debate or quit trolling and leave

*Throws food
Reply 841
Original post by lambert1
*Throws food

You really are very ignorant; my refusal to answer your juvenile question clearly means that.

Grow the f*** up and leave
Reply 842
You really are very ignorant; my refusal to answer your juvenile question clearly means that.

Grow the f*** up and leave

Homosexuality is a sin it says so in the bible

Lev. 20:13, 'If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them'
Reply 843

Lev. 20:13, 'If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them'

The Bible also prohibits eating shellfish, wearing clothes of mixed materials, planting different crops in the same field and giving someone a proud look, but says nothing against slavery, which is appalling. Go figure.

Also, Jesus, the saviour of humanity, says nothing against homosexuality, so if the Son of God has nothing to say against it, there's nothing wrong with being gay.

Also also, the Catholic Church teaches that homosexual people should be accepted due the prevalent nature of homosexuals, or something similarly worded.
Reply 844
The Bible also prohibits eating shellfish, wearing clothes of mixed materials, planting different crops in the same field and giving someone a proud look, but says nothing against slavery, which is appalling. Go figure.

Also, Jesus, the saviour of humanity, says nothing against homosexuality, so if the Son of God has nothing to say against it, there's nothing wrong with being gay.

Also also, the Catholic Church teaches that homosexual people should be accepted due the prevalent nature of homosexuals, or something similarly worded.

I do not wear clothes of mixed materials, plant different crops in the same field, give proud looks or eat shellfish what is your point?

Not every word ever said by Jesus was recorded.

Yes we should help homosexual people, their sin is not that they are homosexual for we are all born with original sin. Their sin is acting upon homosexual desires.
Reply 845
Prove to me that murder is bad? Oh you can't....
Reply 846
I do not wear clothes of mixed materials, plant different crops in the same field, give proud looks or eat shellfish what is your point?

Not every word ever said by Jesus was recorded.

Yes we should help homosexual people, their sin is not that they are homosexual for we are all born with original sin. Their sin is acting upon homosexual desires.

Maybe you don't eat shellfish or plant different crops in the same field, that is entirely possible, but I highly doubt you don't wear mixed clothes or give proud looks, seeing as everyone does.

No, not every word he ever said was recorded, otherwise the Bible would make for an even duller read than it does now. But his disciples clearly recorded the most important and pressing parts of his teachings, so the fact that there is no mention of homosexuality shows that in Jesus's eyes it must not have been a problem.

Actually, I was baptised, so my original sin was removed a long time ago. Please don't use that example as an argument, it is ridiculous.

Also, your 'knowledge' of the Bible is not intimidating or going to win you any respect on the the thread. You have neither said anything about the original question of this thread or furthered any off the recent discussion on this thread, so kindly do so or leave
Reply 847
Ethics are all subjective and determined by cultural upbringing hence that proves nothing. If you had taken that same class 50 years ago they would all be saying homosexuality is bad.

God's morality was created by God. He is all powerful so can create and change his own morals much like we can.
Reply 848
Maybe you don't eat shellfish or plant different crops in the same field, that is entirely possible, but I highly doubt you don't wear mixed clothes or give proud looks, seeing as everyone does.

No, not every word he ever said was recorded, otherwise the Bible would make for an even duller read than it does now. But his disciples clearly recorded the most important and pressing parts of his teachings, so the fact that there is no mention of homosexuality shows that in Jesus's eyes it must not have been a problem.

Actually, I was baptised, so my original sin was removed a long time ago. Please don't use that example as an argument, it is ridiculous.

Also, your 'knowledge' of the Bible is not intimidating or going to win you any respect on the the thread. You have neither said anything about the original question of this thread or furthered any off the recent discussion on this thread, so kindly do so or leave

Okay I will reply to the original question. Homosexual desires are not a choice but homosexual acts are. You always have that choice, just like those with psychotic killer urges.
Reply 849
Okay I will reply to the original question. Homosexual desires are not a choice but homosexual acts are. You always have that choice, just like those with psychotic killer urges.

Comparing gay people with psychotic killers, nice.

Yes, gay people choice to act on their 'urges' just as you do as a straight person. Also, just because you believe homosexuality is a sin, doesn't mean it is. I believe enslaving people is a sin, but the Bible says absolutely nothing about that, so excused me if I am not inclined to use it as the pinnacle of morality
What is wrong with two men or two women loving each other? Isn't that what we all search for in this world, a reciprocated love. It can come in many forms.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Miracle Day
I just had a heated argument with some guy, and my frustration is what angered me to write this. He told me, for accepting gays and being cool with them, and treating them as I would anyone else I'm not a proper Christian - infact probably not one at all - because the Bible condemns them. He says we should all use Jesus as a model human.

I tell him about Lady Gaga born this way and he was adamant people aren't born gay, but they're brought up fooled.

I then ask how homosexuality can be a choice, when homophobic areas have higher suicide rates and by his logic surely they could just change back to being straight if it was a choice. He then says he wishes more homosexuals would commit suicide, and that homosexuals don't think they can turn straight.

So I tell him, Jesus tells us to love all.. so saying that is going against Christianity etc. Then he quotes Sodomy and Gamora.

He's obviously not just a closed minded pre-teen.. he knows his stuff. I just can't comprehend how people can believe it.

If any of you believe it's a choice.. help me out and tell me why please.

Edit: I'm just so angry right now.. sorry.. someone restore my faith in humanity

His chosen version of Christianity will not let him accept homosexuality but the wonderful thing about the church is that it allows you to accept only what you believe. All of Pope John Paul's teachings show that if look inwardly and receive an answer that opposes a specific teaching then it is up to us to select a belief. However that option itself varies from person to person. 'The Holy Spirit' may be working through your inward decision, so don't let anyone else anger you over such things! To the best of my knowledge. Religious upbringing.

I am not religious myself and I am gay. I do not believe that anyone is born with a sexuality, it is adopted in the process of growing up. My personal belief though, I have friends who agree wholly with you and with the guy you argued with. All forces come in equal and opposite pairs I guess! :smile:
Reply 852
What makes it bad is that it defiles God's creation. We were created to procreate with the opposite sex (within marriage). It may not harm anyone in a physical sense but in a symbolic way it spits on God's will and places a Satan flag on the land.

It harms their soul and condemns them to eternity in hell. That is a lot more damage than mere murder causes.
Reply 853
Original post by anon1212
What is wrong with two men or two women loving each other? Isn't that what we all search for in this world, a reciprocated love. It can come in many forms.

The purpose of this world is to prove your worth to God in order to be accepted into his kingdom.
The purpose of this world is to prove your worth to God in order to be accepted into his kingdom.

Be sure to sell all of your possessions and give all the money you make to the poor then. :wink:

You know, sometimes I think that verse might be misinterpreted. What if they actually meant "you shouldn't make lies to your boss to save your job in the way that you'd lie to your wife to save your marriage"?
Reply 856
Original post by The Socktor
Be sure to sell all of your possessions and give all the money you make to the poor then. :wink:

Giving for the sake of giving was never Jesus' intention. Use your money wisely so that the poor can make themselves rich rather than just wasting it on feeding them for a month.
Reply 857
Morals and something being wrong comes from the heart that God gave us. How do we know homosexuality is wrong? ask yourself does it seem wrong to you? That is how you know it is wrong because deep down we all feel that way.

Oh. Well my purpose in life is to be happy. I'll agree to disagree with you. All the best
Reply 859
Original post by anon1212
Oh. Well my purpose in life is to be happy. I'll agree to disagree with you. All the best

Be happy... that is what sinners have done throughout history so I know which side you are on.

Latest

Trending

Trending