Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Aqa a2 chem5 19th june 2012

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You might think unit 5 has only 6 chapters but there are lots of stuff to learn, lets start revising as early as we could, feel free to ask questions and i'll post recent past papers once i have them

This site is too good for past papers --> http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/

CHEMISTRY TUITION Available from £9.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_habib)
    You might think unit 5 has only 6 chapters but there are lots of stuff to learn, lets start revising as early as we could, feel free to ask questions and i'll post recent past papers once i have them
    Dude!

It's barely been 4 days since the Unit 4 exam!

We haven't even started Unit 5 yet!

Our teacher couldn't be bothered to start teaching Unit 5 on last Friday, so we just watched Tennis for an hour and a bit!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How is studying going for everyone?? I have not started learning yet for either module. What is chem 4 and chem 5 like?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzo)
    How is studying going for everyone?? I have not started learning yet for either module. What is chem 4 and chem 5 like?
    not bad with studies,chem 4/ 5 is not bad as long as you understand whats going on then you should be fine, are you AS student?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    Dude!

It's barely been 4 days since the Unit 4 exam!

We haven't even started Unit 5 yet!

Our teacher couldn't be bothered to start teaching Unit 5 on last Friday, so we just watched Tennis for an hour and a bit!
    I hope you have covered a few chapters by now.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hope you have covered a few chapters by now.
    :yep:

We've covered Redox equilibria / Electrode potentials, and are on our way to finishing off Thermodynamics (on Gibbs atm)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masterhr1)
    Do you think its possible for me to start learning CHEM5 now and still get an A?
    Of course, there is time to get even A*, as long as you put your head down and start cracking, if you find a difficult topic feel free to post questions or ask me personally.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    not bad with studies,chem 4/ 5 is not bad as long as you understand whats going on then you should be fine, are you AS student?
    Yeah I am an AS student, trying to compelete both A-level Biology and Chemistry in one year as a private candidate, I still have not begun any work for Chem 4 or Chem 5 yet as i've been busy with the practicals D I have entered myself for both of them in June, its going to be a tough slog for the next few weeks, I need A*'s to get in to medical school so thats inspiration for anyone who believes there is not enough time and your not alone DD
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have jan 2012 aqa paper for unit 5,plz???
    I couldn't find it on any website(
    Thank you very much
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    how is everyone getting on for this last unit?
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    How many of you guys are resitting CHEM4?

PS I did CHEM5 in January and it was a rush to finish the questions, so be preped for rushing the exam papers! Even people with extra time were still pushing their luck :worried:.

I am see you'll all be fine, there's a AQA CHEM4 thread btw, if you need any questions answered I can try my best to help. Just PM me or hit me up on the CHEM4 thread. I am like a ninja on there

:ninja: Happy learning
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    How is everyone finding it best to revise this unit? as there is alot more content than the other units, at the moment i am not finding it particularly difficult there is just lots to remember. I am aiming for a C, if anyone has a tips or adivice i would be most gratefull
    Thanks and happy revising
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what ums total we need to get an a for our overall a-level grade?
    480/600 ums = a
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what UMS total we need to get an A for our overall A-Level grade?
    An A is 480/600 UMS
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone know where to get the jan 2012 paper for chem4/5?
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kookyuke)
    anyone know where to get the jan 2012 paper for chem4/5?
    Here's CHEM4.

Don't think there is a CHEM5 in January; only in June.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: pdf AQA-CHEM4-W-QP-JAN12.pdf (826.2 KB, 695 views)
  2. File Type: pdf AQA-CHEM4-W-MS-JAN12.pdf (202.8 KB, 470 views)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    Here's CHEM4.

Don't think there is a CHEM5 in January; only in June.
    Thanks for the chem 4 you;re a life saver

and there was a CHEM5 in jan i just found it:
    Attached Files
  3. File Type: pdf AQA-CHEM5-QP-Jan12.pdf (553.3 KB, 1101 views)
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kookyuke)
    Thanks for the chem 4 you;re a life saver

and there was a CHEM5 in jan i just found it:
    Wow - thanks!

Do you happen to have the mark scheme for this one?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzo)
    Yeah I am an AS student, trying to compelete both A-level Biology and Chemistry in one year as a private candidate, I still have not begun any work for Chem 4 or Chem 5 yet as i've been busy with the practicals D I have entered myself for both of them in June, its going to be a tough slog for the next few weeks, I need A*'s to get in to medical school so thats inspiration for anyone who believes there is not enough time and your not alone DD
    there is chemistry tuition if you need any help or support for only £9 per class.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah, CHEM5...

I love the way it lulls you into a false sense of security with the few chapters.

Starting to remember the colours and formula of the TM complex ions though.

We've got Period 3 to go yet but that's our final chapter... everything else is just solid revision until the exam.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: October 28, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.