The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WalkerPrince
Whoever has an offer from Bath, SERIOUSLY consider it. Some students were earning £50,000 on their placement year.

Can I ask where you heard this ? And where we're they working ?
Also, is it true you have to pay Bath on your placement Year ?
Original post by member910132
Can I ask where you heard this ? And where we're they working ?
Also, is it true you have to pay Bath on your placement Year ?

Yes to the second:

http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/fees/index.html

4.5k if your course is under the Management department
Reply 8742
Original post by jamiepango
Not sure whether I'll go or not, seeing as I've seen Bath before. But it's a good excuse to miss a day off college :biggrin: Probably the later one...

Original post by Hemzo
The latest one is the 28th right?

I'm going to the later one too! :smile:
Reply 8743
Original post by Tateco

Need to go for that one since Bristol is on the 7th :tongue:
Original post by Acerbic
Cambridge

Perhaps I asked you too many questions. Did they give you a reason as to why they rejected you? I'm just wondering because I got rejected from Cambridge and if someone that got an offer from Cambridge got rejected from Warwick then what are my chances?
Original post by Tateco

Original post by Hemzo
The latest one is the 28th right?

Latest one is 28th I think. I haven't booked it yet, we just email them right?

I cancelled the Bristol one though...
Reply 8746

How come you're going? Thought you were firming LSE for definite?
Original post by Tateco

me three, annoying as its going to cost me £80 in train fares with a 5 hour journey and 3 changes!

looking forward to getting to know the uni better though :smile:
Reply 8748

No idea.. Probably need to check the letter they sent us. Happy with the way they approached the visit day, it looks very organised!

Original post by Tateco

He heard we were going, so he couldn't miss the opportunity :biggrin:

Original post by emily_becca
me three, annoying as its going to cost me £80 in train fares with a 5 hour journey and 3 changes!

looking forward to getting to know the uni better though :smile:

Whoa! I'm assuming you live far north from Bath? Anyways, I'm sure the long journey will be worth it!
Original post by Tateco
What? Where were they doing it and who told you that?

Two words. Investment Banking. I was talking to a final year student. Most students earn between £20,000-30,000, but those who go into Banking earn significantly more in their placement year! Imagine that!
Original post by Tateco

Not definite, as you may well know by now, London is not attractive to me at all. I'm pretty indecisive at the moment.

Original post by Hemzo
No idea.. Probably need to check the letter they sent us. Happy with the way they approached the visit day, it looks very organised!

He heard we were going, so he couldn't miss the opportunity :biggrin:

:ahee:
Reply 8751
Original post by Melikeyflute
Perhaps I asked you too many questions. Did they give you a reason as to why they rejected you? I'm just wondering because I got rejected from Cambridge and if someone that got an offer from Cambridge got rejected from Warwick then what are my chances?

I don't think there is a particularly strong correlation like that.
Two words. Investment Banking. I was talking to a final year student. Most students earn between £20,000-30,000, but those who go into Banking earn significantly more in their placement year! Imagine that!

lolz that's bull that they earn 50k in their placement year...These placements are all within the BO of the bank and will most likely be on 30 - 35k.
Reply 8753

no offence, but are you doing economics just to get a job in investment banking because you will make more money?

what department were those who got 20-30k working in ?
Original post by member910132
what department were those who got 20-30k working in ?

I think he was referring to peoples wages for thos who didn't go into banking but did a placement year in another sector
Original post by Nadine10
no offence, but are you doing economics just to get a job in investment banking because you will make more money?

Greed is good. :colone:
Reply 8757

Yeah I think you email them, though I emailed them today and the email rebounded?
Original post by Nadine10

Anyone who's read my posts, seen my lectures etc will be able to answer that question for you.

Definitely not.
Original post by Hackett
lolz that's bull that they earn 50k in their placement year...These placements are all within the BO of the bank and will most likely be on 30 - 35k.

Well despite your abundance in knowledge, I think I'll go with the student there.

Latest