Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you use Twitter for?

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering what people actually use Twitter for? I know Twitter is a great social networking program but I've noticed that some people use it for different things like keeping up to date activities, messaging friends or even using it as you're own online office!

So my question is what do you personally use Twitter for?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I don't really use it for much...Mainly blog stuff and checking out what's trending and trying to add my own what-I-think-is-witty contribution.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Time-wasting
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the-bermuda-triangle-of-productivity.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	133698  
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got it this week and all my friends use it to update about their lives which 90% of doesn't involve me so I'm not to interested and unfollowed them. I like the trending feature when I watch shows like Question Time as I can see what over people think.

I like watching the trends.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    Saying everything I can't say on Facebook because I have my family added, haha.

Also a little bit of celeb stalking from time to time.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do follow controversial organisations like Anonymous Operations and find it interesting to hear their views on stuff like SOPA etc.
    • 53 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just keeping up with announcements from companies or people of interest really.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I use it as a news feed for tech blogs, Formula 1 insider info, and to keep up with a few online 'friends' I met through another website.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I post my 'status updates' on Facebook through Twitter. I've got them linked. Twitter's also good for a lol if you find a fictional awesome character, like Professor Snape.

The kinda things I tweet are pretty standard. Interesting things that happen to me, stuff that I think's funny, etc. I tweet odd, dramatic things when drunk though. Take, for example: 'Emily,rosanna must you crew at me every time you wan't wantalogy' as a previous drunken tweet.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like to use it mainly to keep in touch with friends. I plug my blog (in my sig) when I update it and I follow a few people who generally tweet interesting articles and other blogs.

I also indulge in motivational tweets. I like to make my own or quote famous people when something relevant happens in my day

These days I prefer Twitter over Facebook.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 26, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.