The Student Room Group

UCAS 2012 - Discuss your decisions **here**

Scroll to see replies

I've applied for Medicine, I've been rejected from Dundee and Edinburgh, I'm still waiting to hear from my first choice which is St Andrews. I was also rejected from Biology at St Andrews and I'm waiting to hear about Anatomical Science at Dundee.
Anyway, If I get an interview/offer form St Andrews I'm obviously going to take it, if not I may drop out of this years process and apply agin next year...
Reply 801
I got a conditional offer from Coventry for adult nursing.
what are your opinions on coventry? :smile:

Reply 802
Original post by Picture~Perfect
I've applied for Medicine, I've been rejected from Dundee and Edinburgh, I'm still waiting to hear from my first choice which is St Andrews. I was also rejected from Biology at St Andrews and I'm waiting to hear about Anatomical Science at Dundee.
Anyway, If I get an interview/offer form St Andrews I'm obviously going to take it, if not I may drop out of this years process and apply agin next year...

I hope you get in! :smile: :smile:
good luck! :smile:
Original post by K_12
I hope you get in! :smile: :smile:
good luck! :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 804
Hey everybody! I have a problem here... I just want to know, is it possible to deal with universities in UK about conditions? If my IELTS isn't enough, what shoul I do? I could take it again, but it would be really tough...
Original post by xoJessicaAnn
History
Firm: Leeds
Insurance: Cardiff

Not putting it on UCAS yet - scared I might have a hiccup!

What you waiting for galll-If your sure they are the choices you want :biggrin:

what grades do you need?
Art & Design
Firm- Sunderland (conditional)
Insurance- Central Lancashire (unconditional)

Also.. i'm a little confused and maybe you guys could help..
My conditional stated that it is subject to me obtaining 80 points from a minimum of one A Level pass.
Does that mean I need to gain 80 points from one A Level or can that 80 be from across all 3 A Levels?
I do plan on gaining a lot more than 80 points but just where this offer is concerned I'm a little confused.
:smile:
Original post by Raradir
Got a Conditional for Archaeology at York Uni, accepted it as my Firm. The conditional is "Provide satisfactory copy of BTEC National Diploma in Art & Design (Interactive Media) certificate" which I have in a frame on my wall lol. So will they want an interview for me to bring it along? as I thought interviews come before offers?, anyway I accepted Historical Archaeology as my insurance which is also at York:smile:

Hi, congrats on your offer. Do you have A levels as well? Or is the offer on your BTec? If so, can I ask what your offer is please?
I submitted my application on 08/02 for UCL, Edinburgh, LSE, St. Andrews, and Warwick. I received an unconditional from UCL 6 days later and one from Edinburgh a couple of days after that. When can I expect to hear back from LSE (Social Policy and Government), St. Andrews (IR), and Warwick (Politics with International Studies)? I am an international applicant. I am most interested in hearing back from LSE, as I must make some decisions in the next few weeks regarding the US universities which I have received offers from, and I would like to know LSE's decision before I proceed any further.

Thanks!
Reply 809
Original post by firefly111
Hi, congrats on your offer. Do you have A levels as well? Or is the offer on your BTec? If so, can I ask what your offer is please?

Nah I just have my GCSE's and My BTEC National Diploma which is DDM. Think it was mainly my BTEC which got me in as my GCSE in History wasn't very good. they gave me a Conditional offer, the Condition is that they want to see my BTEC Certificate, which is no problem as its in a frame on the wall behind me lol, hope this helps mate:smile:
Reply 810
Economics at Sheffield or Economics at UEA?
Original post by Raradir
Nah I just have my GCSE's and My BTEC National Diploma which is DDM. Think it was mainly my BTEC which got me in as my GCSE in History wasn't very good. they gave me a Conditional offer, the Condition is that they want to see my BTEC Certificate, which is no problem as its in a frame on the wall behind me lol, hope this helps mate:smile:

Hi, thanks for that. I`m doing a BTec in interactive media too. I failed my gcse history! But I`ve always been interested in archaeology- just didn`t think they would give you a second look doing media! Thats given me hope . Thank you
Reply 813
Really torn between University of Leeds or University of Lancaster. This is for LLB Law. Which has the better reputation?

OR Is it work applying to even "better" universities if I get what I am predicted? (A*AA). Thanks!
Original post by Chris49
Really torn between University of Leeds or University of Lancaster. This is for LLB Law. Which has the better reputation?

OR Is it work applying to even "better" universities if I get what I am predicted? (A*AA). Thanks!

If you're predicted A*AA I reckon you should be aiming quite abit higher but whats done is done. Where else did you apply? I would probably go for Leeds marginally, since its more established and fares well for law.
Reply 815
Hey can i still decline my firm after I've met the offer when achieving the grades this year? Or is this impossibe?
Reply 816
Original post by firefly111
Hi, thanks for that. I`m doing a BTec in interactive media too. I failed my gcse history! But I`ve always been interested in archaeology- just didn`t think they would give you a second look doing media! Thats given me hope . Thank you

Thats what I thought, but on the Archaeology website for York Uni, they say they take anyone from any background, If you have an interest that is, I think your statement helps towards it as you can explain your passion for the subject:smile:
Reply 817
Hi guys
I have offers to study Media Comms and Culture from Newcastle and Lancaster (these are the only two I'm bothered about so won't type out the rest)

However, I had applied as deferred entry for 2013
What are the chances of being allowed to un-defer if thats a word, and start this year if I phoned up?

Thanks
Reply 818
Original post by Tsunami2011
If you're predicted A*AA I reckon you should be aiming quite abit higher but whats done is done. Where else did you apply? I would probably go for Leeds marginally, since its more established and fares well for law.

Applied to: Leeds, Lancaster, Reading, Oxford (rejected) and Bristol UWE. I have noticed that Warwick has places in Extra for Law and Sociology (which I would be interested in). Though I do need it to be a qualifying law degree so I have to make sure I choose the right modules.

What do you think of applying to Warwick via Extra for Law and Sociology? What's the chances of them giving me an offer as I would throw away all 4 offers...
alice.babee

Partners is where you complete a Summer School and then get lower grade requirements because of it. So the course I've applied for at Newcastle is for Biomedical Genetics, and my lowered requirements are BBB. To take advantage of Partners you must put that choice as your firm choice, but if I do that it means that even if I get AAA I would still have to go to Newcastle :frown:
Yeah, my offer at Newcastle is for Biomedical Genetics and my offer at KCL is for Dentistry :smile:
Why do you care about the lower entry requirements when Dentistry is what you want to do? Or am I wrong? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending