Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry University Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by BigV
There is a student finance calculator which is normally available online (as I type this the site is down!), which can give you a rough estimate of what you will get in the way of support.

800 a month would be £9600 a year, which is way above the norm. However, they may have worked out that figure over the course of the university year, which is only about 8 months, £800x8 would be closer to the max you can get from SFE (assuming you are eligible for maximum grant, loan and presumably a university bursary).

Keep in mind that if that IS the case, you would only have 800 a month if you can find work for the other 4 months, otherwise you would have to make it stretch. However, living at home will save you a small fortune, especially if your parents don't want much rent.

I couldn't get to the open day in the end, although I have applied for a Computing based course; I assume that would be in the same school/faculty as Business IT, what was the day like? Did they give any info on what the Add+vantage modules are or what opions are generally available?

Hello,

I have already done the calculator and that added to around £791 per month, however I should have stated that the financial advisors said I would get over £2000 per term (I can't remember the exact figure). I then divided that again by three to give me the amount I would receive per month, so as far as I was aware I would get £800+ a month for three terms which I think is around 9 months? which was a total of £7200.

And it's a shame you couldn't attend because it was really good, the tutors where really friendly and bubbly. In addition there was also three students who where on their third year and they where really open and honest about there thoughts. And yes they did give information about this however I was talking a lot to one of the students finding out a lot and I missed what she aid about the Add+vantage modules and general options however I may repost as my friend was with me and I think he was paying attention :tongue:.

But I'd say one of the downfalls where the buuilding looked and felt seriously old and out of date, I mean there was dust over my bag from it being on the floor. In addition the computers where intel core duo's and there Operating System was Windows XP, felt more like school than a university. But there was light at the end of the tunnel, there is a brand new engineering and computing building currently being built and will be ready for the new September starters! :cool:
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 141
Hey everyone :smile:

I've got an offer to do adult nursing for oct 2012, anyone else in the same boat? :smile:

xx
International Relations :smile: got an offer and i've gone to applicant days :P
A hint for all you soon to be first years... do not do Arabic addvantage module! I failed it twice lol
Just received an unconditional offer for Transport Management and Logistics :smile: :smile: :smile:

Anybody doing the same course?
how many non british origin students are offereed/rejected dietetics at coventry?
i think the admissions tutor doesn't like non uk/non europe sstudents
how many non british applicatns have either been offered/ rejected a place in dietetics at following
1.surrey
2.herts
3.coventry
it will be interesting to see the results
Reply 147
I've got an offer for English (BA) starting in September 2012, anyone else in the same position? Probably going to make it my firm choice :smile:
Original post by zetec
Hey guys, I'm applying for business management this year, anyone heard anything back from them for this course, or a related business one? My application was sent off on the 10th, and still haven't heard anything or had an acknowledgement like some of the others in this thread, getting abit worried since this is my first choice and I really want to go to Coventry :biggrin:

Ive applied for business management too! Applied in december and still waiting! Have you herd back yet??
Reply 149
Any one here applying for Biomedical science or Human Bioscience, if their is have you recieved a reply and what was it.
Original post by Kazera
Got an offer for business management :smile:

when did you apply?
i sent mine off in december and ive not herd back yet :frown:
getting worried :frown:
Reply 151
Original post by Sam_Colman
Hey :smile: I've got a conditional offer from Coventry for Physiotherapy starting in september 2012, I got rejections from all my other choices so I hope I like it when I go and look round on 18th February!! Anyone got offers for physiotherapy?

I have too :biggrin: did you like it when you went to look round?
Reply 152
Original post by Vsparrow
Hey everyone :smile:

I've got an offer to do adult nursing for oct 2012, anyone else in the same boat? :smile:

xx

Ooo Wicked! Congratulations! :smile: mee tooo! :biggrin: :biggrin: I was sooooo relieved i thought that interview was tough! :smile:

xx
Reply 153
Original post by K_12
Ooo Wicked! Congratulations! :smile: mee tooo! :biggrin: :biggrin: I was sooooo relieved i thought that interview was tough! :smile:

xx

That was my first and i actually really enjoyed it! thought the people were absolutely lovely!! is it going to be one of your choices??? Do you have fb? it might be easier to chat xx
Reply 154
That was my first and i actually really enjoyed it! thought the people were absolutely lovely!! is it going to be one of your choices??? Do you have fb? it might be easier to chat xx

Yeah same i loved it, and yeah its my firm choice! :biggrin: :biggrin: i really cant wait, i hope we get in! :biggrin: what day was your interview mine was tuesday at 1:30pm
and yeah i do have facebook :smile: i dont think you'll find me ive got a security thing on it. :frown: shall i add you? :smile: xx
Reply 155
Original post by K_12
Yeah same i loved it, and yeah its my firm choice! :biggrin: :biggrin: i really cant wait, i hope we get in! :biggrin: what day was your interview mine was tuesday at 1:30pm
and yeah i do have facebook :smile: i dont think you'll find me ive got a security thing on it. :frown: shall i add you? :smile: xx

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003009571508 thats me and i had my interview on Jan 12th... got an offer a week or so later :biggrin: 240 ucas points plus the health clearance crb and all that jazz lol.

Oh fingers crossed for you then!!! :biggrin: Whats your name? :smile: xx
Reply 156
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003009571508 thats me and i had my interview on Jan 12th... got an offer a week or so later :biggrin: 240 ucas points plus the health clearance crb and all that jazz lol.

Oh fingers crossed for you then!!! :biggrin: Whats your name? :smile: xx

O wicked! :biggrin: congratulations on your offer! :biggrin: i thought it was my worst maths and interview because i was so nervous, i really wanted to get an offer from cov and finally did! one of my best days ever lol! :colondollar: :biggrin:

Thank you, i just added you, :smile:
and yeah it would be easier to talk on there :smile:
is coventry going to be your firm? :smile: x
Reply 157
Original post by C-21
i've applied for medical and pharmacological science still waiting for an offer too!

Hi ive applied for the same course! and ive had an offer of CCC. Have you had an offer yet? and if so are you going to firm coventry ? :smile:
Original post by pedro1992
Any one here applying for Biomedical science or Human Bioscience, if their is have you recieved a reply and what was it.

Yeah, I did, I applied for Biomedical Science and i got a conditional offer:smile:
What about you:smile:
Original post by zhane123
Yeah, I did, I applied for Biomedical Science and i got a conditional offer:smile:
What about you:smile:

I've got a conditional offer for biomedical science

Quick Reply

Latest