The Student Room Group

LSE postgrad applicants 2012-13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1500
Anyone know how long it takes for them to reply for the 1st choice? This is for MSc, not BS.
Reply 1501
I've been waiting for 6 weeks now

Critical period coming up I suppose :smile:
Reply 1502
Original post by stamst
I've been waiting for 6 weeks now

Critical period coming up I suppose :smile:

Which programme? I havn't read about a single person applying for the Diploma in Accounting & Finance (not to be confused with the MSc by the same name), which is my 1st choice. (2nd choice is MSc in Econometrics) Why is that?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1503
Original post by edaa1989
Which programme? I havn't read about a single person applying for the Diploma in Accounting & Finance (not to be confused with the MSc by the same name), which is my 1st choice. (2nd choice is MSc in Econometrics) Why is that?

I've applied for Msc Public Policy and Admin

I'm not sure about the diploma programs, but regular masters generally take about 8 weeks to get a decision on. It may be a little less now that we're out of the busy period.
Reply 1504
Original post by stamst
I've applied for Msc Public Policy and Admin

I'm not sure about the diploma programs, but regular masters generally take about 8 weeks to get a decision on. It may be a little less now that we're out of the busy period.

That's great :smile: Do they basically reject all the mediocre (as they see it) applicants and accept all the stellar applicants at the beginning, and the sturdy ones stay on or not necessarily? Gahhh it's only been 5 or 6 days officially for me and I'm already obsessing over this :s-smilie:
Reply 1505
FYI:

GPA: 3.75
Degree: BA in Economics
Very International background
2 letters of ref, one works at the OECD and was my prof, the other is the head of the econs dept., plus an additional reference, got all As in these courses.
Work experience in the Microfinance field, total of 6 months.

Any ideas?
Reply 1506
Offer for LLM came through last week :smile:
Reply 1507
hi, has anyone applied for Msc Finance (Part Time)? it's been 4 weeks since my 4th email..
Reply 1508
Original post by tempo635
hi, has anyone applied for Msc Finance (Part Time)? it's been 4 weeks since my 4th email..

No sorry, MSc in Econometrics (Second choice).... Can I ask what your application looks like? (GPA etc....)

I keep checking LSE For You all the time, no answer yet.
Reply 1509
Original post by edaa1989
No sorry, MSc in Econometrics (Second choice).... Can I ask what your application looks like? (GPA etc....)

I keep checking LSE For You all the time, no answer yet.

let's just say my GPA isn't that great :wink: but my degree was a long time ago; I have a lot of relevant experience (IB's, etc); am quite quantitative, entrepreneurial, etc so hoping that will help.. probably a long-shot - hard to tell..

the waiting is driving me nuts though.. i'm also checking constantly :smile:
Reply 1510
Original post by tempo635
let's just say my GPA isn't that great :wink: but my degree was a long time ago; I have a lot of relevant experience (IB's, etc); am quite quantitative, entrepreneurial, etc so hoping that will help.. probably a long-shot - hard to tell..

the waiting is driving me nuts though.. i'm also checking constantly :smile:

I'm sure it will, I have a good GPA (3.7) but only 6 months' work experience. And yes, my internet tabs right now are: LSE For You, Imperial e-service, and google, haha. I keep checking it every 2 minutes, literally. But I think applicants that are "still in the game" have a decent shot I think....

Why has no I've spoken to on here applied for the Diploma in Accounting & Finance? Gahhhh
Reply 1511
Can the ones with unsuccessful applications tell us more about their profiles ? only the ones with offers shared their profiles, we need to benchmark ourselves "the ppl in the waiting phase" :confused:
Reply 1512
Original post by NeeNA123
Can the ones with unsuccessful applications tell us more about their profiles ? only the ones with offers shared their profiles, we need to benchmark ourselves "the ppl in the waiting phase" :confused:

My friends mate attends Middlesex University and has been offered a place for MSc Management, Organisations and Governance:eek:. He applied January 12th and received an offer on the 9th of February.

There is no benchmark.
Original post by Qwert1y
Just received an offer for the MSc in Sociology at LSE.

What kind of things did you include in your application? I'm in my second year at the moment but I really want to apply to LSE for a masters in sociology! It would be much appreciated if you could let me know :smile:
Reply 1514
Original post by doady
Just got an offer for MSc IPE

Congratulations. I've just received an offer for IPE too.
Reply 1515
Original post by SAWiles
Congratulations. I've just received an offer for IPE too.

Nice! Hope to see you at LSE next year then.
Hey guys,
I got an offer from LSE but still haven't filled out the financial support form.
What should I write there? That I need money to take up my course? If I say that I need 5000 pounds to take up my course and they refuse - will this affect my offer?
My parents are able to fund my studies but of course it would be great to get some support..

Any suggestions? Anybody applied for financial support?

Thanks
Reply 1517
Original post by masterandul
Hey guys,
I got an offer from LSE but still haven't filled out the financial support form.
What should I write there? That I need money to take up my course? If I say that I need 5000 pounds to take up my course and they refuse - will this affect my offer?
My parents are able to fund my studies but of course it would be great to get some support..

Any suggestions? Anybody applied for financial support?

Thanks

it will not affect your offer. i had the same problem:if you tell them on the form that you need 0 pounds to take up your place you will not be considered for GSS, so you should enter the 5000 that your parents would pay for you in case you get nothing.
Reply 1518
just submitted my condition waiver request. HAVE MERCY!
Reply 1519
Congrats to all the new offer holders! Please join us on Facebook! :smile:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/127797960671511/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending