The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by skotch
I love it, it's got the perfect mix of academia and social stuff. The accomodation is all quite standard tbh. Everyone I've met her has been really nice as well.

Obviously you do get some rah-y types, but that's expected at any top university.

The city is also amazing for shopping.

Sounds a little strange, but all the buildings are really nice too. Check out the Wills Memorial Building (law/earth sciences) and the Victoria Rooms (music).

What course are you going for?

German and Spanish, and I've heard the language facilities are amazing :biggrin: Is there lots to do for people who don't drink and/or party very much?
A lot can change between your position now and filling out your UCAS.
I went from wanting nothing to do with University, to really really wanting to go.

Granted, I've got nothing to do with Oxford/Oxbridge but this is my two pence.
You've probably never been to the university and besides, you might prefer Cambridge! You do know that you can only apply to one right?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by k3ro
After some digging, I found the original news article. :smile: You should read 'em, they'd help:
Original: http://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6055922
Additional Note: http://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6056959

Hope that helps! Basically, do a ton of stuff that's relevant to your subject. :wink:

And it's cool that you're interested in physics. I did it at higher level at the IB and, although challenging, I love it! Going to study it this September. :biggrin:

Thanks. Physics is amazing.:biggrin:
Reply 43
hahah bored much?
Reply 44
Original post by jackf1337
you might prefer Cambridge!

Out with you! Find some other place to preach your heresy!

Or else... :headfire:
Reply 45
Original post by such_a_lady
German and Spanish, and I've heard the language facilities are amazing :biggrin: Is there lots to do for people who don't drink and/or party very much?

I've got loads of friends doing German and loads doing Spanish and they all seem to be loving it! Don't know anyone doing German and Spanish together though.

I guess there is lots to do for people that don't drink. Bristol is the 8th biggest city in the UK (I think) and the 4th most visited (apparently...) so there's plenty to do for everyone.

I'm sure you'll find like-minded people that don't like to drink. Bare in mind that you don't have to drink to have a good time in a club.

I find clubbing at uni is a different experience to that at home. It's much more about who you're with. You can be at the crappest of clubs and still have a great time as all your friends are there, which is why Lizard Lounge is so popular I guess (also the cheap drinks and cheesy music help).

I wasn't a great club person before uni, but it's something I've definitely become accustomed to since coming to Bristol.

There are so many societies for you to become part of so I'm sure you'll find something to your liking!
Reply 46
It's a bit early for this thread, so I'm locking it for now. Come back in six months or so and there'll be more interest and it will be more applicable.
Reply 47
Forgive me if this thread exists somewhere else.

I hope to apply to Oxford for maths :smile:

Anyone else here applying to Oxford? What subject are you applying for?

Let's chat!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 48
It's February.
Reply 49
Original post by T_x
It's February.

2012 thread was made around this time last year.
Original post by T_x
It's February.

This.
cant waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
Original post by T_x
It's February.

Not everyone thinking of applying is in Year 12...

Some of us are in Year 13 (gap year incoming...) and have been searching for courses and universities to apply to for a while now :colondollar:

The law course looks quite a bit different from others I've seen, can't decide if it's for me though.
Original post by 15weekwonder

The law course looks quite a bit different from others I've seen, can't decide if it's for me though.

In the same predicament! Also prefer the look of the Cambridge admissions process for Law. Hmmm.
Reply 54
Original post by Kidioteque
In the same predicament! Also prefer the look of the Cambridge admissions process for Law. Hmmm.

Your username is really cool.
It made me look at your sig, which only confirmed my deduction that you are really cool.
Original post by Lac.
Your username is really cool.
It made me look at your sig, which only confirmed my deduction that you are really cool.

Haha cheers. Prospective Oxford applicant?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by Kidioteque
Haha cheers. Prospective Oxford applicant?

Yeah.We seem to share quite a few interests :cool:
Original post by Lac.
Yeah.We seem to share quite a few interests :cool:

Aha, awesome - may I ask what course?

And indeed we do, although I'm not sure about Oxford yet..
What course is everyone looking at applying for?
Reply 59
Original post by tooambitious
What course is everyone looking at applying for?

History, you?

Latest