The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4100
Hi, just wondering if anyone else is still waiting to hear from the above universities?
I've applied for film production/studies and have only received a interview request from West London so far, getting quite worried!
Reply 4101
PPPPPPPLLLLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SOMEONE REPLY TO ME!
I'm about to eat my own ripped out eyeballs here
I've re-applied for university this year, due to how rubbish Lampeter and its History course is, but I was just if anybody else has had a reply from either Southampton Solent, Central Lancashire or Worecester? All of them are for Film Production/ Film and Television Studies... I applied back in January and still waiting, it's starting to get me a bit frustrated right now with the amount of waiting as I didn't wait this long last year =/

I've gotten a conditional offer from Birmingham City and an interview from UCA so far.
(edited 12 years ago)
Just got my first offer! Conditional to Aberdeen for MA Geography, (BB at my highers) They kept me waiting long enough :unimpressed:

Just Dundee, Stirling and Glasgow to go. Although I expect Glasgow will be a rejection :/
Reply 4104
Original post by DarwinsDevotee
Biology/Zoology. I saw on another thread that you'd called them and they had no notes on you.. how frustrating. I think we can analyse it until the cows come home but the fact of the matter is they are just one of the slow unis. The problem is I see everywhere "We are assessing applications on a daily basis so check your email/track regularly" so although I know I will probably be waiting another month or two, there is still that glimmer of hope that I may get something any day! I live in Bristol and love it, I do not want to leave, but Sheffield will be a good insurance! If you get an offer will you firm Bristol? What's your insurance? Good luck today! Perhaps the last day of the week that an offer seems possible.. although I still check on saturdays and sundays :rolleyes:

Ah zoology that's interesting! Urgh I know the whole process is so exhausting! I'm post A level so I have no firm/insurance, just have to pick one and go! And the phone call apparently didn't help... Still nothing :frown: I don't think they'll ever reply! Good luck!
I feel your pain. I got my application in for December & out of three uni's that I applied to (Oxford Brookes, Wolverhampton and Kingston) only one university has got back to me, even then I had to wait a couple of months & my interview is next week. I know there probably is no real order to the way they go through applications but it feels so frustrating when you read that other people have already had their interview & been accepted onto a course at a university that you haven't even heard back from. I'm really hoping I hear back soon, it's making me worry that I'll get rejected. eep. :s-smilie:
Reply 4106
Can I just try and warn you against going to worcester. Its my nearest city and its a horrible, horrible place. I would say its as bad as bradford...
Reply 4107
I've been accepted to the LCC Film & TV program, and I'm still waiting to hear back from Queen Mary. A lot of people applying to QMUL film studies on tsr have seemed to not have heard back yet.
Reply 4108
Original post by AliceElizabeth19
I've re-applied for university this year, due to how rubbish Lampeter and its History course is, but I was just if anybody else has had a reply from either Southampton Solent, Central Lancashire or Worecester? All of them are for Film Production/ Film and Television Studies... I applied back in January and still waiting, it's starting to get me a bit frustrated right now with the amount of waiting as I didn't wait this long last year =/

I've gotten a conditional offer from Birmingham City and an interview from UCA so far.

I applied to solent back in Dec and haven't had a decision, although I'm not doing the same course, they have still sent me a few emails but no solid reply.
LCC is the only uni I haven't heard back from yet. I applied for Film and Television.
Reply 4110
Original post by sarahoo
I've been accepted to the LCC Film & TV program, and I'm still waiting to hear back from Queen Mary. A lot of people applying to QMUL film studies on tsr have seemed to not have heard back yet.

Congrats on getting a place!
Did you have an interview? I really hope I hear from them, they were my number 1 for Film + Television!
Reply 4111
Original post by LostArtOfMurder
LCC is the only uni I haven't heard back from yet. I applied for Film and Television.

Thanks for your reply, maybe there's hope for us yet?
Reply 4112
Original post by EmmaRose
Congrats on getting a place!
Did you have an interview? I really hope I hear from them, they were my number 1 for Film + Television!

I did have an interview, but it may just have been because I'm an international student! The interview was really relaxed and the vibe the interviewers gave off really turned me on to the school. I wasn't very sure of how I felt about LCC at all, and now it's my very high second choice!
Original post by EmmaRose
Thanks for your reply, maybe there's hope for us yet?

I'm sure there's hope still, I wouldn't worry :smile:
I applied for Theology and Religious Studies.
Yourself?
Reply 4115
Napier why you need so long. It's about nearly 5 month now. :confused:
Reply 4116
Hello the good people of TSR, I seek your wisdom :smile:

Basically, i applied to Bradford uni for pharmacy, 2012 entry. Handed in the application in November last year. All of my choices have got back to me, except bradford and im wondering whether or not to ring them up, to see what the status of my application is. Nothing on Track has changed regarding bradford.

Im not impatient but its March tomorrow, so im getting a little bit worried as Bradford was going to be my firm :s-smilie:.

So do i ring up today to check the status of my application, but im worried they might rush through my application and reject me? or do i wait?

Any help/advice will be much appreciated, thank you :smile:
Original post by ak137

Basically, i applied to Bradford uni for pharmacy, 2012 entry. Handed in the application in November last year. All of my choices have got back to me, except bradford and im wondering whether or not to ring them up, to see what the status of my application is. Nothing on Track has changed regarding bradford.

Im not impatient but its March tomorrow, so im getting a little bit worried as Bradford was going to be my firm :s-smilie:.

So do i ring up today to check the status of my application, but im worried they might rush through my application and reject me? or do i wait?

The have until May to make a decision. That's more than 2 months away.

Don't call them, you haven't been forgotten and a decision will come with time. Plenty of people will also be waiting for a decision for this course and at other universities, we're pretty early in the game at the moment as a lot of offers will come in March.
Reply 4118
Original post by oxymoronic
The have until May to make a decision. That's more than 2 months away.

Don't call them, you haven't been forgotten and a decision will come with time. Plenty of people will also be waiting for a decision for this course and at other universities, we're pretty early in the game at the moment as a lot of offers will come in March.

Okay, ill do just that, thank you! :smile:

:hugs:
Reply 4119
Original post by ak137

Actually, I'd advise that you call them. There really is no downside to calling them - they can't really hold it against you for wanting to check up on your application. They probably won't make their decision any quicker, but at least you'll have peace of mind that there hasn't been a mistake somewhere. You might as well if it's on your mind- no bad could come of it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending