The Student Room Group

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by randombelle
OMG- Just to warn everyone- Don't ever send your portfolio with a courier. Mines gone missing. So basically I won't get my 3 Art A Levels, so won't get the grades and don't have anything to take to the Slade next week. Sooooooo upset and worried. But yeh- avoid couriers at all costs!!!

Holy ****! :eek: I did a courier back from Oxford, but mine was fine... I was well worried about it the entire time though. Yours is possibly the worst situation, but still - surely much of your work should have been photographed? Most of my work - actually, all of it - was in photographed form in the portfolio (apart from sketchbooks, of course). So you should still be okay for Slade on some level or the other? :s-smilie: Good luck; honestly that's awful.
Nope- it's somewhere in the country but they have no idea where- it hasn't been logged anywhere :frown: And- About suing them= My parents are lawyers & barrister so the delivery company would be fighting a losing battle! But then, we'd rather have my work back then get money.

You do 3 Art A levels?! OMG thats all your work... :/
Reply 1182
Original post by Farout
I got confused..I thought we were talking about Chelsea lol..after all the Chelsea talk... but Goldsmiths emailed with confirmation, but I might email the Slade 2moro just to be sure!

Haven't heard back from Chelsea, its worrying me since others have :frown:

Well done on getting the interview, you heard from them today? chelsea this is :rolleyes:
Original post by cocacola123
Interview at Chelsea!! Finally!! :smile:

Hey, are you applying for fine art? i haven't heard anything still!! arghh
Reply 1184
Original post by kaylafrances
ccdubz people have their interviews on thursday... call chelsea

arrrrr don't wana badger em, they might get pissed off.. But im independent applicant atm lol, dunno if it makes a difference that i have ccw last year.

To call or not to call, i dunno, give it till the end of the week atleast
Original post by Soares
arrrrr don't wana badger em, they might get pissed off.. But im independent applicant atm lol, dunno if it makes a difference that i have ccw last year.

To call or not to call, i dunno, give it till the end of the week atleast

no bab you have dubz last year not ccdubz
we are an elite crew get 2 kno

:colonhash:
Original post by joverbena
12th March (Mon) 9.30am

Yep, I wanted to do my art degree in Holland last year, to get out of the country - had heart set on going to this college at Utrecht, but after sending my portfolio they didn't even give me a proper letter, just scribbled 'terugkeren afgewezen!' on a postit. (return rejected) - the exclamation mark made it even more cruel, no wonder my expectations are low!

That's awful!:eek::console:
Just to let any Brighton Painting people know, I emailed yesterday asking what was happening and she replied today saying:

"Dear Rachael, we are still in the process of shortlisting applicants for interview and because of this we have not yet rejected any applicants yet. I still haven’t heard back about your application but I am expecting the final decisions to be made on shortlisting this week, but it may continue early next week. Please note if unsuccessful we only inform UCAS not applicants directly so please check your UCAS track record for updates.

Kind regards

Jo Rodway"

Sooo, hopefully I/we will hear something soon. The painting people really do seem to be taking their time, since CFAP and Printmaking people are having their interviews already. Painting's probably far more popular, but still, you'd think they could be a bit speedier...
OMG- Just to warn everyone- Don't ever send your portfolio with a courier. Mines gone missing. So basically I won't get my 3 Art A Levels, so won't get the grades and don't have anything to take to the Slade next week. Sooooooo upset and worried. But yeh- avoid couriers at all costs!!!

That's awful too! I'm not sure if it's any different for art exams, but as far as your A level is concerned, in the case of loss of this kind, the school will contact the board and inform them of the estimated grade. The board usually then ask to see the work of the person in the rank order just above and just below the candidate whose work has gone missing, to check that the school is getting the grades right, and they'll then award the estimated grade. Things like this do happen quite often - a colleague of mine had her car stolen with her class's English coursework folders in her bag in the boot. The candidate should not suffer, as long as evidence is presented to the board from, in your case, the courier company, via the school. The unfortunate aspect of this in your case, of course, is that the work doesn't just form your A level but also your application to university, and I don't really know how things stand in that case. Take advice from your head of sixth on that, and be prepared to contact the universities directly. I've no experience of this aspect of the problem, I'm afraid, but your A level should be safe at least.
Thanks everyone for all the kind comments- still no updates on my portfolio- they have a feeling it could've been sent to a different address...in America...... Have been crying all day- sounds lame I know! And thanks for all the positive words about exam boards and marking etc-has made me feel a bit better! :smile:
Original post by joelchan
You do 3 Art A levels?! OMG thats all your work... :/

Yeh- not all my work(i.e. not large paintings) But every sketchbook- 8 A2 Coursework Sketchbooks, drawings, A1 paintings, Wet photography and etchings-including the plates:/ I don't know what to do- am thinking about getting photos of final pieces printed etc, revive bad prints and do some prep work on A1 sheets.
Original post by sarinda.devine
Hey, are you applying for fine art? i haven't heard anything still!! arghh

Yeah for fine art. Perhaps there doing it in batches.. I know loads of people who haven't heard plus I gave my mini portfolio in on the deadline at the end of the day so maybe it was at the top of the pile :/ I wouldn't worry, it's still early days with them.
Reply 1192
Original post by kaylafrances
no bab you have dubz last year not ccdubz
we are an elite crew get 2 kno

:colonhash:

UALMandem :cool:
Reply 1193
Original post by Soares
Haven't heard back from Chelsea, its worrying me since others have :frown:

Well done on getting the interview, you heard from them today? chelsea this is :rolleyes:

I haven't heard back from Chelsea either... well **fingers crossed** Hopefully there saving the best till last..:]
(edited 12 years ago)
Yeh- not all my work(i.e. not large paintings) But every sketchbook- 8 A2 Coursework Sketchbooks, drawings, A1 paintings, Wet photography and etchings-including the plates:/ I don't know what to do- am thinking about getting photos of final pieces printed etc, revive bad prints and do some prep work on A1 sheets.

Couriers lose (as opposed to temporarily mislay) very little as they track every package. What is their explanation?

I didnt know there were 3 Art A Levels. I just do Fine Art and my school started teaching Experimental Textiles so I guess thats art.
Original post by Farout
All you need to do is get a mega bus to london (if fails funfare option on national express- also cheap)- then a train to brighton, save loads:]

Owwww I should've thought about that! Just emailed them, gutted :frown:
Original post by nulli tertius
Couriers lose (as opposed to temporarily mislay) very little as they track every package. What is their explanation?

Basically, the codes etc have been swapped by mistake- they think and it's ended up somewhere else- I really hope it turns up! Explanations aren't their strong point- when speaking to a brainless person, it seems to be hard to get a good answer. I think they're given specific answers to use at all times! lol
Original post by joelchan
I didnt know there were 3 Art A Levels. I just do Fine Art and my school started teaching Experimental Textiles so I guess thats art.

Yeh- I do Fine Art,3D Design(ceramics etc) and Photography :smile:
anyone heard anything from edinburgh college of art? anything at all?

Quick Reply

Latest