The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3440
Original post by elvis3711
sorry to hear about rejections today.
and i am just worried that they run out of places, then give out rejections straight away.
hopefully it's not the case, they will consider all the applications carefully

That's exactly what went through my mind when I saw some the posts about being rejected. I hope that's not the case though.
Chin up, I'm sure it'll all work out in the long run! That's what I'm hoping at least :wink:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 3441
is anyone still waiting to hear for Modern Languages?

I am aware that the open day took place today...should I assume I am rejected or not because there is more than one open day for courses :s-smilie:
Reply 3442
how long does it take to receive offer or rejection after they sent out the recommendation letter? i received my letter last tuesday but still havent heard nothing.. is that normal..?
Original post by maitai
That's exactly what went through my mind when I saw some the posts about being rejected. I hope that's not the case though.
Chin up, I'm sure it'll all work out in the long run! That's what I'm hoping at least :wink:

after long time waiting, i'm really think about all the possible outcomes.
the last open day is mid-March, if they don't give us offers this week or next,should they inform us one day before that?
or they will give out offers without invitation for open day?
Original post by OneTimer
Just got a rejection for Philosophy and Ecnomics. Glad, because I didnt want to go there anymore. Good luck to all!

If you don't mind me asking, what are your predicted grades?
Original post by sweet77
is anyone still waiting to hear for Modern Languages?

I am aware that the open day took place today...should I assume I am rejected or not because there is more than one open day for courses :s-smilie:

Yup, you're not alone - I'm still waiting to hear about French. I applied in early October, got the questionnaire in December and have heard nothing since. I know no news is good news, but I'm kinda losing hope now.

Which language(s) have you applied for? :smile:
Original post by member910132
Perhaps ask this question in the biologiucal science forum, answers on this thread will be a bit biased towards UCL.

BTW has anyone been given an email by UCL saying that they have an offer regardless of open day attendance ?
I got an email on the 15th saying I had an offer regardless of m,y attendace to the open day, just wondering why I got this when so mnay other people have got cfonditional offers depending whether they attend the open day.

My email said that because I'm an international student, I have no need to attend the open day thus she will recommend me to get an unconditional offer and I'll be informed by UCAS in due course.
Reply 3447
Original post by elvis3711
after long time waiting, i'm really think about all the possible outcomes.
the last open day is mid-March, if they don't give us offers this week or next,should they inform us one day before that?
or they will give out offers without invitation for open day?

I actually have no idea how their system works. I know that they can give out offers without an invitation for open days, but I think those cases are quite rare. I also don't know how long before the open-days they inform people! So I can't really help you there, I wish I knew myself tbh
But we have a week or so before it's getting very late. I'm trying to remain as positive as I can. I'm just quite glad that I haven't been rejected automatically!
Original post by Eric_lee
Sorry to hear that.Everything will be fine!
when did you go to the selection afternoon?
Is it possible to tell me your predict grades?

Just had an interview at Southampton :smile: erm AAB well Im sure its about my grades because in the prospectus they said they normally offer AAA but people I've asked all said they got A*AA so I'm guessing they raised them... But Southampton was very nice so not too bothered anymore :smile:
Original post by Jyouie
My email said that because I'm an international student, I have no need to attend the open day thus she will recommend me to get an unconditional offer and I'll be informed by UCAS in due course.

Yea, it would be quite harsh for them to force you to come to london. I am a uk student but got an offer regardless of my attendance to the open day, I am just trying to work out why.
Reply 3450
Original post by member910132
Where else did you apply/get offers from ?
Who would you choose between UCL and LSE

I have offers from LSE and Nottingham and rejected from Warwick and Cambridge. I think I'd go for LSE if I got offers from both just for the greater career opportunities and better economics course i.e. wide variation of course. Bytheway, I applied for the L100 economics for UCL instead of the year abroad.
Original post by IntellectualParadox
If you don't mind me asking, what are your predicted grades?

A*A*A

I probably didn't get in because my PS was very Economics and Politics related rather than philosophy. It wasn't really my ideal course.
Reply 3452
rejection for Psychology.
I'm seriously going to shot myself lol
Reply 3453
Original post by OneTimer
A*A*A

I probably didn't get in because my PS was very Economics and Politics related rather than philosophy. It wasn't really my ideal course.

Hey had you received one of those questionnaires or invitation for the phil. open day?
Reply 3454
Original post by SimplyComplex
Yup, you're not alone - I'm still waiting to hear about French. I applied in early October, got the questionnaire in December and have heard nothing since. I know no news is good news, but I'm kinda losing hope now.

Did Gemma reply with regard to Danish? I emailed about Russian this week :smile:
Original post by Gales
Did Gemma reply with regard to Danish? I emailed about Russian this week :smile:

Nope. Still waiting. :frown: When I sent back my questionnaire in December, she didn't acknowledge it until late January..
Reply 3456
I sent in my questionnaire for History on the 24th of Feb. and I was wondering if anyone had any idea how long it takes to hear back?
Reply 3457
Nope. Still waiting. :frown: When I sent back my questionnaire in December, she didn't acknowledge it until late January..

She took 2.5 weeks to reply to me, so that should give you an idea. I met her yesterday, she was lovely. I'm sure she'll update your course :smile:
Original post by Gales
She took 2.5 weeks to reply to me, so that should give you an idea. I met her yesterday, she was lovely. I'm sure she'll update your course :smile:

Ahh, did you go to a UCL post-offer open day yesterday? What did you think of UCL? Are you putting it as your firm now? And thank you - if they let me do Danish as well, I'll most likely firm it. :smile:
Reply 3459
Ahh, did you go to a UCL post-offer open day yesterday? What did you think of UCL? Are you putting it as your firm now? And thank you - if they let me do Danish as well, I'll most likely firm it. :smile:

Yeah, it was lovely! I loved it. I'm glad I'm not doing French anymore though, the French guy said we'd have to read three books per week! :eek:

If they let me change to Russian, definitely.