The Student Room Group

Is this conditional asking a lot?

I just received an offer from Aberdeen uni with conditions of two As at higher and a B at advanced higher. My grades just now are ABCCC and when I've previously asked staff from Aberdeen uni, they told me I'd probably be asked for two Bs. I don't want to sound whiny and the grades are possible the achieve but does anybody else think they're asking quite a lot?
Original post by ohmyholyshirt
I just received an offer from Aberdeen uni with conditions of two As at higher and a B at advanced higher. My grades just now are ABCCC and when I've previously asked staff from Aberdeen uni, they told me I'd probably be asked for two Bs. I don't want to sound whiny and the grades are possible the achieve but does anybody else think they're asking quite a lot?

Well then you'd have AAABCCC plus the B at AH, so that seems reasonable given its over two years of study.

What is the typical offer for your course with Highers done in one sitting? I assume from this its around the ABBB sort of marker? So it makes sense that they'd want higher grades from you given you're taking 2 years to get them, that's normal.
Reply 2
The grades were BBBB so maybe it was just very popular?
Original post by ohmyholyshirt
The grades were BBBB so maybe it was just very popular?

Well it means that the minimum they were willing to accept was BBBB in one sitting. However, they may well only really give out offers to students with AABB at Higher in a similar way to how Edinburgh look for students with much higher grades than their minimum and this could be related to how many applications they have received for your course this year.

In that case I imagine what they've done is taken your existing AB (as these are the only ones of your grades which meet the requirements, the Cs don't count) then said okay, well normally we'd want an additional BB if it were in 1 sitting so as this is this persons second sitting, then we'll ask for AA instead. Then for some reason, they've also decided to add in an AH requirement too as they might feel they want more depth in that subject if its related to your degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending