The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

The Official Glasgow Applicants 2012 Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by lollero
Just got an offer for History + Psychology at Glasgow, so happy!! :biggrin: But I was wondering if any of you know whether the IB offers are out of 42 or 45? Or are they always out of 45 in every university unless they specify otherwise?

The offers are always out of 45. :smile:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 661
Unconditional for history of art & theatre studies :smile:
Original post by RowanHall
Unconditional for history of art & theatre studies :smile:

can i ask when you got your offer ? X
Reply 663
Original post by Zappy1303
Ah, how come you're leaving? I've had offers from Glasgow and Strathclyde and I'm still waiting on Edinburgh, Dundee (they want me to get a refernce and a transcript?) and my other Glasgow (that's being held till August).
Do either of you know anything about false start years? Yesterday someone at the infohub said she thought saas wouldn't pay the fees for my last year because I'm doing the same course and you need to change to something really different like arts to a science. :/ Have either of you contacted saas about that? She said I should maybe phone Glasgow to see if I could go into second year instead and finish the course here.
Ahhh so confused. :frown:

GOD this is such a nightmare isn't it? :frown:

I have absolutely no idea about that, SAAS are such buggers, Im really worried about having to pay all the fee's again or something...

Need to see what Glasgow say and if its an offer i'll start contacting SAAS then!
Reply 664
Original post by chloe-elizabeth
can i ask when you got your offer ? X

Tonight, at about 9pm x
Original post by hannahbr
GOD this is such a nightmare isn't it? :frown:

I have absolutely no idea about that, SAAS are such buggers, Im really worried about having to pay all the fee's again or something...

Need to see what Glasgow say and if its an offer i'll start contacting SAAS then!

hi there :smile: i was wondering if you could tell me please when are we supposed to apply for the student loan ( or whatever it is called) SAAS? :smile:
I am firming my Glasgow offer :h:
Does anybody know when freshers week would start?
Just need to know if I can go to my uncles wedding or not.
It says that accomodation fees pay for from the 7th September so I'm assuming that's when we'd move and fresher week will start?
:smile:
Reply 667
Unconditional offer for History/Archaeology! Actually can't wait!
Original post by Pen Island
Does anybody know when freshers week would start?
Just need to know if I can go to my uncles wedding or not.
It says that accomodation fees pay for from the 7th September so I'm assuming that's when we'd move and fresher week will start?
:smile:

i reckon it'll start monday the 10th! But i don't know for sure i'm just assuming that because of the accomodation date!
Reply 669
Got an unconditional for Psychology! :biggrin: Super excited!
Anyone else studying this?
Reply 670
Original post by Annie-Bananie
hi there :smile: i was wondering if you could tell me please when are we supposed to apply for the student loan ( or whatever it is called) SAAS? :smile:
I am firming my Glasgow offer :h:

Are you transferring?
Original post by hannahbr
Are you transferring?

no, i am only graduating from High School this year :smile:
Original post by SeverusSnape
Got an offer to study English Literature :smile: Somebody else for this course? :>

Well done! Yes, I am so excited! Just got my offer today for English Lit and French, just waiting for Edinburgh now but not holding out much hope :L

I think the university is gorgeous, but various people keep telling me Glasgow is super rough. Although I'm from Belfast, and have heard many people say it's too rough and urban, and I love it to pieces... I'll have to book my flight soon :smile:
Reply 673
As a Glasweigan myself i'll be happy to answer any questions for any outsiders. Here's a brief overview of some things:

The city is very lively and Glasgow Caledonian and Strathclyde is pretty much right in the city centre. Glasgow Uni is in the trendy west end. Word of warning, stay in the city centre or to the west end. These are the better places and are full of students. Try not to venture off anywhere else, especially the east, although since you are a student i see no reason for you having to in the first place. Also the Merchant City area is very nice and has loads of great restaurants etc.

You will love the Scottish people, especially Glasweigans and we have a good sense of humour and are very proud of our history. You will find a big difference between Glasgow and Edinburgh. Edinburgh is much more old fashioned, is smaller and the people are more snobbier. Glasgow is much more working class, although the people are far friendlier IMO. I'm sure you will be aware of the massive football rivalry in the city between Rangers and Celtic, and not many outsiders realise how massive a part of Scottish culture this is.

Anyway, if you come here i really think you will love it. Good luck with your applications and if you have any further questions on Glasgow just let me know.
(edited 12 years ago)
Received my offer a while ago but only just come across this.
History and Politics ABB and it's for a deferred entry so I will be starting 2013. Going on a gap year!!!
Original post by RFC1872
As a Glasweigan myself i'll be happy to answer any questions for any outsiders. Here's a brief overview of some things:

The city is very lively and Glasgow Caledonian and Strathclyde is pretty much right in the city centre. Glasgow Uni is in the trendy west end. Word of warning, stay in the city centre or to the west end. These are the better places and are full of students. Try not to venture off anywhere else, especially the east, although since you are a student i see no reason for you having to in the first place.

You will love the Scottish people, especially Glasweigans and we have a good sense of humour and are very proud of our history. You will find a big difference between Glasgow and Edinburgh. Edinburgh is much more old fashioned, is smaller and the people are more snobbier. Glasgow is much more working class, although the people are far friendlier IMO. I'm sure you will be aware of the massive football rivalry in the city between Rangers and Celtic, and not many outsiders realise how massive a part of Scottish culture this is.

Anyway, if you come here i really think you will love it. Good luck with your applications and if you have any further questions on Glasgow just let me know.

Hey, I've been to Glasgow before and going back over soon and i'm staying right beside Sauchiehall street and i was just wondering would it be easy for me and my friends to walk into the west end? just to see the west end in gereral, or do you reckon we'd get lost and should get a taxi?
Original post by isadoradoll
Well done! Yes, I am so excited! Just got my offer today for English Lit and French, just waiting for Edinburgh now but not holding out much hope :L

I think the university is gorgeous, but various people keep telling me Glasgow is super rough. Although I'm from Belfast, and have heard many people say it's too rough and urban, and I love it to pieces... I'll have to book my flight soon :smile:

I was rejected from Edinburgh but I think that Glasgow is better. The programme is well structured and for my future plans this is the ideal place!!! I can't wait to move Glasgow!!!
Reply 677
Original post by Niamh Mc D
Hey, I've been to Glasgow before and going back over soon and i'm staying right beside Sauchiehall street and i was just wondering would it be easy for me and my friends to walk into the west end? just to see the west end in gereral, or do you reckon we'd get lost and should get a taxi?

I would say definately get a taxi. Quite a distance TBH.
Got my offer from Glasgow yesterday, definitely firm!
Original post by bayernmunich
Got my offer from Glasgow yesterday, definitely firm!

Congratulations! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest