The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

When you're dead.
Reply 2
Not sure, but my friend always says shes still young. She is nearly 35.
Reply 3
Seems it was about 19/20 for me, too early :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Airfairy
What do you class as the age where you can stop saying "I'm still young" as an excuse for not having done things you want to/doing silly things?

30-40
In this day and age, I'd say 25.

I would really love to say 35-40, but realistically speaking, the way that mainstream society will obsess over ever younger 'stars' like Selena Gomez, we'll soon be idolising pre-teens :/
I'd say it's all relative to the particular context you're talking about. At 20, I'd say I'm young for certain stuff, but also way too old for some other certain stuff.

Sorry for being generic I'm just tired.
Reply 8
It's hard to give a specific age, but I think most people would agree that once you're in your late 20s - early 30s, you're not really considered young anymore. There are also different stages of youth, I think. You have 0-10 (baby/child) 10-16 (child/teenager) 17-24 (young person) 24-27 (young adult) and... from there, around the late 20s-early 30s, I think you're just considered an adult. At that point you'd be considered young if you died, but, while alive, just an adult. It doesn't matter how old you are, you'll always be considered young if you're around older people :P
Reply 9
I just forced the words out of my 92 year old grandmas mouth, but the words will still there.

Whey I'm such a smart arse.
Reply 10
It depends entirely on the person, in my opinion.
Reply 11
Original post by Jamil1987
Not sure, but my friend always says shes still young. She is nearly 35.

That is young though IMO.

*not near that age myself*
You're only as old as you feel, therefore there is no set age for this.
Reply 13
Original post by edd360
I just forced the words out of my 92 year old grandmas mouth, but the words will still there.

Whey I'm such a smart arse.

good that your forcing things out of her mouth for a change.

no idea why i said that.

I like to think of life as having three principal segments;

0-30 = young
30-60 = middle aged
60-90 = old

Above this, very old.
(edited 12 years ago)
4.7 years old.
Original post by + polarity -
When you're dead.

QFT
Reply 17
I'm always gonna have a mental age of 6, if I stop finding the word willy funny then shoot me in the face. Don't even ask just point and shoot.
Reply 18
You're as young as you (personally) feel :smile:
When you start asking this question.

Latest

Trending

Trending