The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cablebuck
congrats!!! finally some news!! they didnt email you?? just directly on track??

Just directly on track. :biggrin:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 3761
just the one offer.. at 9:36... how unusual!
Reply 3762
Original post by NodFendez
A A A* Offer for Govt&Econ

So relieved! This is the last decision and second offer (first was my insurance) I've received.

UCAS notified me at 9:36am - surprised at how early in the day I heard.

Now just need to focus on getting the grades...

Congratulations! :smile: Do you mind sharing your A-level predictions / GCSE's? And when did you apply?
Reply 3763
Original post by hockeyjoe
I think what everyone's missing here is that even if a number of people were to reject their LSE offers, that doesn't mean the offers are reassigned elsewhere. LSE are known to give out 2.5 as many offers as places for the exact reason that some people firm other unis or don't get the grades or whatever.

If people were to reject LSE offers before LSE has finished giving them out, would it not make sense to reassign?? I know there is that 2.5 stat, but that could be for people who have kept LSE as insurance or do not make the grades of the offer. I am not sure, not at all sure, but I just think it is rational.
Original post by hockeyjoe
oh that's right you're post A levels aren't you. What happened last year man?

As in grades or offers?
Reply 3765
Original post by Deep456
Haha, you will get the grades, I wouldn't worry. In many ways I envy you, you have something to work towards, something to do, you are active in the battle. I can't do anything except to just wait and hope.

You know that feeling of helplessness is of the worst kind.

I'm in the same boat brother. I exceeded their offer and was sure I was gonna get one this year but its already March and nothing ... :frown:. We are still in it though don't lose hope :smile:.
Original post by Usernameitis
Has anyone been accepted/rejected in Economic History? I sent my application around four months ago, or more, and I have yet to hear from them. At this stage, I've lost all hope and I'm just awaiting the rejection letter.

i sent off mine application for econ history in october, still no news...............oh god the wait is killing me ....... i think since its march already...the chances of me getting an offer is basically dead
Original post by GeorgeZl
I'm in the same boat brother. I exceeded their offer and was sure I was gonna get one this year but its already March and nothing ... :frown:. We are still in it though don't lose hope :smile:.

Aye same, just keep positive.
Original post by Rahul.S
doing a late nighter for lucinao's homework? :laugh:

I just realised I actually applied at LSE :eek: are they replying tomorrow :rolleyes: :confused:

lool yeah I was ploughing through some STEP. Can't get that last bit on the STEP 3 HW though, gonna try it before I leave. Remember 5pm not 6!
Original post by Nadine10
x.

I feel bad now:frown:
a relatively quiet friday...
Slightly different,, but I got an email asking if i'd be considered for Economics instead of Econometrics (not promised a place). My entire statement was based on Economics instead of Econometrics and I forgot to send a different statement, so I was anticipating a rejection :smile: I have literally no idea how to interpret it, but just a few more weeks until everybody knows. This has genuinely felt like a marathon. Well done to all competitors :smile:
Reply 3772
Original post by BigBlackDog
a relatively quiet friday...

quiet week..... :-O just 4 weeks left now....
Reply 3773
Yeah a quiet friday, was expecting more decisions to be made
Reply 3774
Original post by RajPopat94
Slightly different,, but I got an email asking if i'd be considered for Economics instead of Econometrics (not promised a place). My entire statement was based on Economics instead of Econometrics and I forgot to send a different statement, so I was anticipating a rejection :smile: I have literally no idea how to interpret it, but just a few more weeks until everybody knows. This has genuinely felt like a marathon. Well done to all competitors :smile:

haha, a very apposite metaphor for this terrible long wait
Reply 3775
Just wanted to say I think NodFendez is trolling. Govt Econ offers are AAA. I have an offer for that course and its AAA. The website and prospectus both say offers are AAA includimg maths. Also, when have LSE ever given offers at 9 in the morning with no other reported offers today?
Original post by Nadine10
As I said, my warwick offer is AA since I already have an A* in Maths.

But that's the same as Cambridge's offer is it not?

Warwick A*AA + pass at AS
LSE: A*AA + pass in fourth A level if taken
Cambridge: A*AA

I am really sorry if I upset anyone, its the universities who make the offers and decided what the grades should be, not me.

:rolleyes: none of us are "upset". We just don't want to see the waste of resources and offers. Yes, but you knew that all of them would offer you the same conditions as Cambridge so I don't really see what your point is. Oh! I just skimmed your posts, you seem to imply that Cambridge's offer is actually A*(the one you already have in Maths) A*AA? If that's the case then ignore what I said :tongue:

I think this Fendez person is trolling too :holmes:, my nocturnal tendencies seem to have made me forget why I avoid this thread like the plague. :getmecoat: :bye:
Original post by Brand New Eyes
But that's the same as Cambridge's offer is it not?

Warwick A*AA + pass at AS
LSE: A*AA + pass in fourth A level if taken
Cambridge: A*AA

Cambridge don't count A levels completed in year 12 (e.g, Further Maths) in their offers.
Reply 3778
So no decisions given out this week?
Original post by Deep456
As in grades or offers?

well both really

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending