The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1720
Is Skip right that MJ made Scottie or is Scottie a top 50 player?

I must say, didn't watch too much of the Bull plays when Scottie was in his prime.
Reply 1721
Original post by boateng
Yeah but Kobe got it done. Also Dwayne Wade is not just an all star, he is the best player in the game some would say and deffo in the top 3 in the league.

We shall if Lebron will get it done. I thought the Heat were very arrogant with the way they carried themselves though....not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4.....(remember that)
It's funny how they lost against Dallas.

**** happens brah, get over it :colonhash:

Was their first season and this is a Miami team that went so far in their first year. Look at the team now, and look at them then. Notice the difference?
Reply 1722
The difference with LeBron, I think, is that he went to other stars. Shaq was put on Kobe's team. Scottie was put on MJ's team. If LeBron had stayed put in Cleveland and stars went to him people would be fine with it, but he went glory hunting instead. LeBron went to Wade's team.
Original post by S-man10
**** happens brah, get over it :colonhash:

Was their first season and this is a Miami team that went so far in their first year. Look at the team now, and look at them then. Notice the difference?

No denying that they embarrassed themselves last year though.
Reply 1724
Original post by BigFudamental
No denying that they embarrassed themselves last year though.

true, i cried after game 2 of the finals
Reply 1725
Original post by S-man10
true, i cried after game 2 of the finals

Sorry bro
Reply 1726
Original post by boateng
Is Skip right that MJ made Scottie or is Scottie a top 50 player?

I must say, didn't watch too much of the Bull plays when Scottie was in his prime.

IIRC, Scottie had his two best statistical seasons when MJ 'retired' in the mid-90s and really stepped up as a superstar.
Reply 1727
Original post by Mufasaa
IIRC, Scottie had his two best statistical seasons when MJ 'retired' in the mid-90s and really stepped up as a superstar.

So Skip talks rubbish in all honesty then
Reply 1728
One thing Skip is right on, is about lebron being so mentally weak.

Again last night against the Jazz, exactly like the All Star game, where everything was going in for him, in the last seconds he choose to pass to Haslam instead of shooting himself.

I mean wtf? Why doesnt he shoot? So what if he misses, everyone does.
So weak mentally for such a talented individual.
That was the drawn up play and Haslem was open. Not Lebron's fault Haslem missed a shot he would normally make. Spoelstra perhaps could have drawn up a better play.
Reply 1730
Original post by boateng

Again last night against the Jazz, exactly like the All Star game, where everything was going in for him, in the last seconds he choose to pass to Haslam instead of shooting himself.

What simon said. No offence but you really gotta understand sometimes, otherwisr you end up spouting random **** like bayless.

Come to think of it, you are probably a closet bayless fan :holmes:
Been watching Lebron a bit recently, although I've never been a huge fan. He's so dominant though, and I'm fairly certain Heat (not just due to LBJ, Wade and Bosh too) are gonna take the title this year. The whole clutch thing is frustrating, but it's just hype really, isn't it, as well as some finals grief from last year? A player that popular is bound to have loads of haters too, and they seem to pick on that area of his game because he's pretty much solid everywhere else :tongue: It must be hard though, when the play is drawn up and you're told to pass because you know you're going to get slated for doing so - good on him for following the play and taking the hating, to be honest!

Celts were fun to watch last night, playing without Allen - feel a bit more open to them trading one of the veterans now, I suppose. I really like Pietrus so watching him get more minutes was great :smile:
Original post by boateng

He was drawing a two on one, you want him to jack up a shot like Kobe does? Then if he missed which he probably would have people like you would have criticized him and said he should have passed to haslem who was open. Haslem usually makes those its his bread and butter. Lebron does shy out but today he made the right play. Skip should shut up.
Reply 1733
Original post by S-man10
What simon said. No offence but you really gotta understand sometimes, otherwisr you end up spouting random **** like bayless.

Come to think of it, you are probably a closet bayless fan :holmes:

How am i closet Bayless fan. Get your facts right. I dislike Bayless and i have said countless time that his bias against Lebron is horrible to watch. I remember hearing him spout his nonsense when Lebron was with my team, the Cavs. How he can say Lebron isn't the MVP is laughable when he has clearly been the best player this year.

All i am saying i just think Lebron has been over-hyped his whole career. Like Stephen A said, you would think Lebron has 3 rings with the way he goes on and is spoken about.

He is not better than Wade or Kobe, let alone MJ. I would take Durant over him as well.
people still compare Lebron james to MJ? WTF. The boat sailed a long time ago.
how can a player that was no where to be seen in the biggest stage in the NBA, go down as the GOAT, or even in the top 5 players of all time? That finals performance destroyed his legacy.

I don't care if he has a great physique. I don't care if he is the best overall player and can play many posotions. Point of the matter is that he chokes every-time the game is on the line, so how can this player potentially be up there with Bird, MJ, Magic etc?

He is not better than Kobe and never will be. He will probably win a ring because Wade will win it for him.

Nine years in the league and still no ring.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1735
Original post by boateng
How am i closet Bayless fan. Get your facts right. I dislike Bayless and i have said countless time that his bias against Lebron is horrible to watch. I remember hearing him spout his nonsense when Lebron was with my team, the Cavs. How he can say Lebron isn't the MVP is laughable when he has clearly been the best player this year.

All i am saying i just think Lebron has been over-hyped his whole career. Like Stephen A said, you would think Lebron has 3 rings with the way he goes on and is spoken about.

He is not better than Wade or Kobe, let alone MJ. I would take Durant over him as well.

How about the fact that you continually listen to him and keep brining him up? :mmm:

Lebron hasn't been over hyped, at times he definitely was, but no NBA player is perfect. Sure Lebron might be LeChoke but as brighteyes mentioned, it is easy to criticise only one aspect of his game when all of the other parts of it are solid.

Compare football to the NBA (that is if you watch it). Lebron is like Lionel Messi. Messi gets praise everywhere, but then there are those few continually criticise him being **** simply because he doesn't tend to go so far with his national team?
Reply 1736
Original post by Simon Adebisi
That was the drawn up play and Haslem was open. Not Lebron's fault Haslem missed a shot he would normally make. Spoelstra perhaps could have drawn up a better play.

real talk man, real talk :adore:
Original post by S-man10
How about the fact that you continually listen to him and keep brining him up? :mmm:

Lebron hasn't been over hyped, at times he definitely was, but no NBA player is perfect. Sure Lebron might be LeChoke but as brighteyes mentioned, it is easy to criticise only one aspect of his game when all of the other parts of it are solid.

Compare football to the NBA (that is if you watch it). Lebron is like Lionel Messi. Messi gets praise everywhere, but then there are those few continually criticise him being **** simply because he doesn't tend to go so far with his national team?

Personally i think Lebron is overrated. Not better than either Kobe or Wade? I mean all the greats had multiple rings by this point in their career. Lebron is in his 9th season and still no ring. Even Magic called him out by saying stop comparing him to MJ when he isn't even better than Kobe.

Nah you can't compare Lebron to Messi

Messi gets it done with Barca whilst Lebron didn't get it done with Miami.
Also the Messi is poor with the national team is a myth. He plays really well for them,he just doesnt score as much goals. Also international football is a lot harder than winning an NBA championship.
Reply 1738
Original post by sammyvine

Also the Messi is poor with the national team is a myth. He plays really well for them,he just doesnt score as much goals. Also international football is a lot harder than winning an NBA championship.

Same argument, dare I say Messi only scores and wins with Barca because of Xavi, Iniesta and Co? How would Messi do in the premier league? How would he do is he was playing with the spurs? How would he do if he was playing against stoke? How would he do if Messi was playing with Malaga?

Ya get me?
Original post by sammyvine
Personally i think Lebron is overrated. Not better than either Kobe or Wade? I mean all the greats had multiple rings by this point in their career. Lebron is in his 9th season and still no ring. Even Magic called him out by saying stop comparing him to MJ when he isn't even better than Kobe.

Nah you can't compare Lebron to Messi

Kobe Bryant had Shaq like i said earlier he wasnt the best player on the lakers shaq was. MJ had Pippen not too bad eh. If Lebron had Kobe he would have the rings. Has Kobe ever won a ring by himself or Jordan? i dont think so.

Latest