Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do Unis make more offers than places they have for nursing?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know this is a pretty self explanatory question for most courses. But, I'm wanting to study nursing at University & I know this is a highly competitive course.
    So, I was just wondering if anyone knows how it works?
    Thanks
    xx
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yes, same for all courses.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think they do some flashy statistics so to maximize the amount of offers they are going to do, knowing that people wont make the grade or change their mind.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What happens if you get an offer from somewhere but it's not your 1st choice, & you're waiting for others to respond. Then say I got 4 rejections, if I took up the offer is there a chance the offer would have..gone? Talking about conditional offer.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've had just confirmed my unconditional for the last adult nursing diploma at uclan Preston to start 23rd april 2012 there is over 2000 applicants for 200 space so we got told so 9 out of 10 get rejected it's very competive but I'm sure if you apply n get a offer it stands until u have decided but if you are lucky enough to get a space I would confirm instantly. I've just had all my timetables and crb forms n occupational health forms. I will add though in my selection interview was suppose to be 22 but only 11 turned up so there are still chances out there xxxx
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherriesxo)
    What happens if you get an offer from somewhere but it's not your 1st choice, & you're waiting for others to respond. Then say I got 4 rejections, if I took up the offer is there a chance the offer would have..gone? Talking about conditional offer.
    No. You do not respond to any offer until after you have received decisions from all your choices, and offers cannot disappear.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    No. You do not respond to any offer until after you have received decisions from all your choices, and offers cannot disappear.
    But what happens if you have received all decisions, choose to accept an offer (& you meet the conditions of the offer), but there's no places left. Could that happen? A bit confused here.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherriesxo)
    Could that happen?
    No, as long as you make your choice before the date notified to you by UCAS.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    No, as long as you make your choice before the date notified to you by UCAS.
    Cool! Thank you

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 3, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Nursing and Midwifery Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.