Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

OCR Biology F215 Control, Genomes and Environment Fri 15 June 2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Didn’t see any threads on this exam so thought I’ll make one any revision tips or just general thoughts on the exam please post.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow...Very Early Thread...Jan exams have only just finished
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princess Kawaii)
    Wow...Very Early Thread...Jan exams have only just finished
    I know right but I just really want that A* :rolleyes:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm will have 4 exams in June, this one will take up 90% of my revision
    My brain is failing to understand anything.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kickasskaz01)
    Didn’t see any threads on this exam so thought I’ll make one any revision tips or just general thoughts on the exam please post.
    its a bit early, but if i do find some useful stuff ill let everyone know!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey has any1 done their practical exam for A2?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweets456)
    hey has any1 done their practical exam for A2?
    Yeh....we did one for photosynthesis a while back. Another we'll be doing should be in a month or so I think.

How about u?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    What's the difference between reproductive cloning and non-reproductive cloning?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Every time I make the mistake of not revising early enough. I really want to avoid all the stress for the summer, so this thread should hopefully be of some use!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kickasskaz01)
    I know right but I just really want that A* :rolleyes:
    Same here haha.

How are you guys revising?! The two genome units are crazy and the Ecosystems unit is so damn boring!

Here's my tip - Go through the textbook page by page, highlighting key points with a highlighter. (Don't do this if you do not own the textbook - the school might be slightly pissed!)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Javilionaire)
    Same here haha.

How are you guys revising?! The two genome units are crazy and the Ecosystems unit is so damn boring!

Here's my tip - Go through the textbook page by page, highlighting key points with a highlighter. (Don't do this if you do not own the textbook - the school might be slightly pissed!)
    Its going good there’s just so much content to get through
    That’s great advice, my tip would be to just constantly write and rewrite notes.
    Its time consuming but works .
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone done the sliding filament model yet? (Muscles)

I have no idea how much is waffle and how much we need to know!

Can someone summarise it for me?

Oh yeah, and the spread before that on muscles. It's INCREDIBLY vague on how the structure of each muscle group varies between each type of muscle! (Cardiac, smooth and skeletal)
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone!! can you please give me some tips..i have an A2 biology practical coursework tomorrow and i'm stressed out..the aim of the investigation is to investigate the response of invertebrates to light and shade conditions. (to do with the behaviour section of this module) It's a QUALITATIVE (10 marks) one, and we're going to be using maggots (eww)! .. has anyone already done a similar one to this..i'm worried please help me..anyone???
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raj K)
    hey everyone!! can you please give me some tips..i have an A2 biology practical coursework tomorrow and i'm stressed out..the aim of the investigation is to investigate the response of invertebrates to light and shade conditions. (to do with the behaviour section of this module) It's a QUALITATIVE (10 marks) one, and we're going to be using maggots (eww)! .. has anyone already done a similar one to this..i'm worried please help me..anyone???
    Pretty sure I did this at A2
    You'll get maggots, set up a plate immitating different conditions (e.g. moist and dark/moist and light/dry and dark/dry and light) into quarterly sections, and you watch the behavior of the maggots
    Common sense- are the maggots really going to LOVE the dry and light quarter?
    Good luck tomorrow!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billton)
    Pretty sure I did this at A2
    You'll get maggots, set up a plate immitating different conditions (e.g. moist and dark/moist and light/dry and dark/dry and light) into quarterly sections, and you watch the behavior of the maggots
    Common sense- are the maggots really going to LOVE the dry and light quarter?
    Good luck tomorrow!
    lol thank you i'm just worried about the questions lol and thanks (:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When's everyone going to start revision for this? Made the mistake last year of leaving it too late, so I'll be starting within the next 2 weeks!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    We're so behind on this course. We seem to have literally covered nothing. The school are getting us in for lessons during the Easter holidays
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahFletcher)
    We're so behind on this course. We seem to have literally covered nothing. The school are getting us in for lessons during the Easter holidays

(Original post by ellie32)
    When's everyone going to start revision for this? Made the mistake last year of leaving it too late, so I'll be starting within the next 2 weeks!
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1829191
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Revision? We haven't even finished a single chapter yet... we did half of Responding to the Environment, now we're half way through Cellular Control. Anyone else this far behind? I don't know how we're gonna fit it all in before June...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CGB)
    Revision? We haven't even finished a single chapter yet... we did half of Responding to the Environment, now we're half way through Cellular Control. Anyone else this far behind? I don't know how we're gonna fit it all in before June...
    Haha that's hilarious. There's no way in hell you can finish in time if you've been going that slowly. I would start teaching myself the course if I were you.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 9, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.