The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by janjanmmm
I don't think anybody got any offers from economics department yet. It seems that they were waiting for the admissions deadline yesterday (March 1), and now will compare all the applications and decide, who's in, who's out.

As for the chances - who knows? 3.66 is considered equivalent to the First in UK, so obviously you do have some chances, but I doubt anybody can say more than that.

I also applied to an MSc in Economics, but I did the Policy degree and I've heard nothing. From what I've heard not many people have heard anything but I have heard of some rejections. So I guess it can be seen as a good thing to not have heard anything yet? But yeah I think they are starting to send things out now that the deadline has happened.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 581
MSc Econ offer today by email.
Did you see when your portico profile changed from "complete" to "under review"? Mine still says just "complete" and my Econ application has been done of almost 2 months now.
Original post by ellemay816
I also applied to an MSc in Economics, but I did the Policy degree and I've heard nothing. From what I've heard not many people have heard anything but I have heard of some rejections. So I guess it can be seen as a good thing to not have heard anything yet? But yeah I think they are starting to send things out now that the deadline has happened.

Yeah, I heard of couple of rejections, too. It seems that the weakest candidates get rejected right away, to spare the wait.
Original post by janjanmmm
I don't think anybody got any offers from economics department yet. It seems that they were waiting for the admissions deadline yesterday (March 1), and now will compare all the applications and decide, who's in, who's out.

As for the chances - who knows? 3.66 is considered equivalent to the First in UK, so obviously you do have some chances, but I doubt anybody can say more than that.

Thanks dear!! :smile: i hope ill get in , my twin sister got an offer in msc environmental engineering at UCL and we really want to go together :redface: hope ill hear from them soon cz im loosing focus on my work :smile: what are u applying for? any good news yet?
losing*
Reply 586
Original post by wadders24
MSc Econ offer today by email.

Congrats! I'm still waiting patiently..anyone else got an offer already?
Here is a facebook group for UCL Postgrad Offer Holders/Applicants/Future Students in 2012/2013any of those interested! http://www.facebook.com/groups/195647687203084/
Original post by ellemay816
Did you see when your portico profile changed from "complete" to "under review"? Mine still says just "complete" and my Econ application has been done of almost 2 months now.

I applied for MScs in Public Policy & International Public Policy about 5 weeks ago, and both of my applications also just say 'application complete'.

Given the fact that some people have been accepted and rejected to their courses within 2 weeks of applying, it could mean that I'm in a 'maybe' pile. I haven't seen acceptances or rejections for the Public Policy courses specifically though, and surely they would change the status to 'under review' if that were the case, so perhaps they are yet to read my applications. Does anyone have any idea how many people there are in Public Policy and International Public Policy (or how many were accepted last year)? Has anyone been accepted or rejected yet?

Also, can anyone tell me whether you receive an email when your application status changes on Portico?

Thanks!
Reply 589
Original post by chrisclarke
I applied for MScs in Public Policy & International Public Policy about 5 weeks ago, and both of my applications also just say 'application complete'.

Given the fact that some people have been accepted and rejected to their courses within 2 weeks of applying, it could mean that I'm in a 'maybe' pile. I haven't seen acceptances or rejections for the Public Policy courses specifically though, and surely they would change the status to 'under review' if that were the case, so perhaps they are yet to read my applications. Does anyone have any idea how many people there are in Public Policy and International Public Policy (or how many were accepted last year)? Has anyone been accepted or rejected yet?

Also, can anyone tell me whether you receive an email when your application status changes on Portico?

Thanks!

Hi, I also applied for IPP about 5 weeks ago now, coming up on 6 this week. I haven't heard anything back yet either. Also, I am kind of wishing I had applied to the Msc Public Policy rather than just the IPP. My portico page still says "application complete".

What are your grades and stats?

Thanks!

I was accepted into the IPP program less than two weeks after they had all of my materials. Notified on 31/01/2012. I currently have a 3.89/4 GPA at a state university in the US and most likely excellent letters of recommendation. Besides that my application did not have anything special besides maybe my essay. I did not receive an email from them though. I just went on it one day and saw I was in. Hope some of this helps. Although I did hear back in less than two weeks, sometimes they wait until they have a certain number of applications before making a decision so you are still probably fine.
Original post by AUBstudent
Thanks dear!! :smile: i hope ill get in , my twin sister got an offer in msc environmental engineering at UCL and we really want to go together :redface: hope ill hear from them soon cz im loosing focus on my work :smile: what are u applying for? any good news yet?

a friend of mine is doing his masters here in Oxford with me and his twin brother also got in (in another course) and he was saying he got his offer first and a few weeks (days?) later his brother did. I found this cute :tongue:
Good luck to you and congrats to your sister.

Thanks!

I have been informed by the admissions offfice that I'll get an offer this week (applied for IPP). Since my application was under consideration for five weeks, I just decided to call the admissions office on Thursday. According to the guy I spoke to, I'll get the official answer shortly, since the the course director has aleady recommended that an offer be made to me.

Cheers
Original post by Diplomat28
I have been informed by the admissions offfice that I'll get an offer this week (applied for IPP). Since my application was under consideration for five weeks, I just decided to call the admissions office on Thursday. According to the guy I spoke to, I'll get the official answer shortly, since the the course director has aleady recommended that an offer be made to me.

Cheers

Cheers for the reply! And congrats!! I'd give them a call right now, but my landline decided to break today, and I live in Australia, so I'm definitely not using my mobile. So hard to put it out of my mind. Good luck to everyone out there!
Original post by stamst
Hi, I also applied for IPP about 5 weeks ago now, coming up on 6 this week. I haven't heard anything back yet either. Also, I am kind of wishing I had applied to the Msc Public Policy rather than just the IPP. My portico page still says "application complete".

What are your grades and stats?

I wouldn't worry - I have heard that IPP is a bigger course than PP (it has more places), so you've probably got a higher chance with it than PP. I'm on an H2A average at Melbourne Uni in Australia. Just finished a major in philosophy, minor in politics and a diploma of language in French. You? According to the latest post, waiting 5 weeks doesn't necessarily mean you're out, so hold tight.
Reply 595
I wouldn't worry - I have heard that IPP is a bigger course than PP (it has more places), so you've probably got a higher chance with it than PP. I'm on an H2A average at Melbourne Uni in Australia. Just finished a major in philosophy, minor in politics and a diploma of language in French. You? According to the latest post, waiting 5 weeks doesn't necessarily mean you're out, so hold tight.

Great to see someone else from Melb uni as well :biggrin:
Do you think we'll hear from UCL this week? What are they waiting for? shouldnt they send results before the open day????
Reply 597
Original post by AUBstudent
Do you think we'll hear from UCL this week? What are they waiting for? shouldnt they send results before the open day????

I think should be soon? Anyway some received offers already..so if there's nothing only means those who haven heard anything are not considered in the first round of offers..
Original post by jansenkoh
I think should be soon? Anyway some received offers already..so if there's nothing only means those who haven heard anything are not considered in the first round of offers..

:frown: so by when do you think i should give up on my chances of getting an offer , if i havent heard of them? im applying for msc economics btw. thanks
I decided not to call them and just let them do it. Everyone who has called had already had a decision made before they called, but if they havent decided mine, they could decide it's been long enough and reject me. I'd prefer to just let them do it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending