The Student Room Group

Post pictures of your dorm room!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aprilannep
if i've already applied for halls, around what time will they get back to me to at least tell me which of the halls they've allocated me to?

I'm at Nottingham and they told me which hall I'd be in when they sent me my accommodation offer (end of March), but I didn't find out which block or room I was in until the day I arrived in September :smile:
Original post by oliviagunapalan
Any pictures of the rooms at Nottingham? I've seen a couple on here, but I noticed there weren't any pictures of the shared en-suite/private shared bathroom.

Original post by Jin3011
Anyone got any Pics of Nottingham University Park accommodation?

Nottingham shared en-suite/en-suite on University Park anyone?

I'm in a shared en-suite room in Hugh Stewart hall (Uni of Notts) :smile:
Sorry about the photos of the bathroom, they were really difficult to take (yes I was standing in the bath to take them haha!) and the last photo is the view from the corridor, you go through one door into the private corridor and the bathroom's in front of you then there's a room to the left + right :smile:

IMG00352-20120304-1237.jpg
IMG00354-20120304-1238.jpg
IMG00355-20120304-1238.jpg
IMG00356-20120304-1240.jpg
IMG00359-20120304-1250.jpg
IMG00360-20120304-1250.jpg
IMG00361-20120304-1251.jpg
Original post by Jess6893
x
Thank you so much! You're room looks so homely btw:smile: Are you allowed to stick things on walls (with white/blue-tack). Also, are your wall stickers easily removable (Chasing cars lyrics one)?
Original post by Jin3011
Thank you so much! You're room looks so homely btw:smile: Are you allowed to stick things on walls (with white/blue-tack). Also, are your wall stickers easily removable (Chasing cars lyrics one)?

You're welcome! And thankyou :biggrin: We're allowed to stick things up with blue tack yeah, but the only place we're allowed to stick pins is in the notice board. The wall sticker should come off pretty easily (I hope ;D), but it's a bit of a pain because we have to completely empty our rooms at Christmas and Easter (unless we pay £150 to keep it as a storage room or £450 to be able to stay in the room) and if I leave the sticker on my wall it'll be gone by the time I come back after Easter :'( My fairy lights are stuck up with sellotape, and we're not actually meant to have them up because they're a fire hazard, but our rooms are never inspected and the cleaner's never said anything so it's not a problem :smile:
You're welcome! And thankyou :biggrin: We're allowed to stick things up with blue tack yeah, but the only place we're allowed to stick pins is in the notice board. The wall sticker should come off pretty easily (I hope ;D), but it's a bit of a pain because we have to completely empty our rooms at Christmas and Easter (unless we pay £150 to keep it as a storage room or £450 to be able to stay in the room) and if I leave the sticker on my wall it'll be gone by the time I come back after Easter :'( My fairy lights are stuck up with sellotape, and we're not actually meant to have them up because they're a fire hazard, but our rooms are never inspected and the cleaner's never said anything so it's not a problem :smile:

That's reassuring:smile:. I was kind of hesitant about posters initially seeing as how there have been stories of people getting fined for wall damage.
Ah, you're at Hugh Stewart; must be nice being so close to your lectures:biggrin: I'm just praying I get put in HS or Cripps.
I'm in a shared en-suite room in Hugh Stewart hall (Uni of Notts) :smile:
Sorry about the photos of the bathroom, they were really difficult to take (yes I was standing in the bath to take them haha!) and the last photo is the view from the corridor, you go through one door into the private corridor and the bathroom's in front of you then there's a room to the left + right :smile:

IMG00352-20120304-1237.jpg
IMG00354-20120304-1238.jpg
IMG00355-20120304-1238.jpg
IMG00356-20120304-1240.jpg
IMG00359-20120304-1250.jpg
IMG00360-20120304-1250.jpg
IMG00361-20120304-1251.jpg

OMG I love you! Thank you so much Jess! I finally get to see the fridge. (I was beginning to question its existence) Hahah. Your room looks so lovely though! How did you get the snow patrol lyrics up there? Looks like they were written on the walls?
Original post by Jin3011
That's reassuring:smile:. I was kind of hesitant about posters initially seeing as how there have been stories of people getting fined for wall damage.
Ah, you're at Hugh Stewart; must be nice being so close to your lectures:biggrin: I'm just praying I get put in HS or Cripps.

I don't know of anyone who's been fined for it so far, so fingers crossed! :smile: It's amazing being in Hu Stu, I can get to pretty much anywhere within 10 minutes :biggrin: Cripps is a really pretty hall too, I shouldn't say that because of the rivalry between the two halls haha, but Hu Stu has the old block which is really pretty and some of the rooms even have 3/4 beds, but the new block which has the shared en-suites looks like a council estate from the outside :')

OMG I love you! Thank you so much Jess! I finally get to see the fridge. (I was beginning to question its existence) Hahah. Your room looks so lovely though! How did you get the snow patrol lyrics up there? Looks like they were written on the walls?

Haha no worries :biggrin: The fridge is pretty useful, it's even got a tiiiiny little freezer bit which is big enough for a micro pizza ;D There's a pantry on the bottom floor too with a kettle, microwave, sink and toaster in, but it's really small and always smells funny :frown: The lyrics are a wall sticker from ebay, they were pretty easy to put up :biggrin:

Haha no worries :biggrin: The fridge is pretty useful, it's even got a tiiiiny little freezer bit which is big enough for a micro pizza ;D There's a pantry on the bottom floor too with a kettle, microwave, sink and toaster in, but it's really small and always smells funny :frown: The lyrics are a wall sticker from ebay, they were pretty easy to put up :biggrin:

That's nice! What smells funny? The toaster or the pantry? :confused: Hehe. Also I know this is probably a stupid question, but I wanna ask, since you have to move out during vacation periods, do you get the same room back? :/
That's nice! What smells funny? The toaster or the pantry? :confused: Hehe. Also I know this is probably a stupid question, but I wanna ask, since you have to move out during vacation periods, do you get the same room back? :/

Ooops, the pantry smells funny haha, sorry :P Ahh not at all, it's not a silly question :smile: You get to keep the same room all year :smile:
Ooops, the pantry smells funny haha, sorry :P Ahh not at all, it's not a silly question :smile: You get to keep the same room all year :smile:

Oh thank goodness, I thought we had to change rooms all this while! Heheh. How's the catered food at Hugh Stewart like?
Oh thank goodness, I thought we had to change rooms all this while! Heheh. How's the catered food at Hugh Stewart like?

Thankfully not haha! :'D I'm a veggie so my choices are halved haha, but it's not bad :smile:
Breakfast there's always yoghurts, toast, cereal & fruit and then they have different things each day like croissants, pastries, bacon/veggie omelettes, sausages+veggie sausages, eggs, beans etc. And at weekends there's brunch instead of breakfast+lunch, saturdays there's cooked breakfast for lunch which is amazing :biggrin:
Lunch is probably the best meal because you get £5.10 on your card and you can either go to the dining hall and get a full meal which takes all of the money off of the card or you can get things like chicago town pizza, pasta pronto, starbucks, chinese, mediterranean food, smoothies, baguettes etc from Portland, and a lot of the buildings and faculties have their own cafés too which is pretty cool :smile:
For dinner there's always 4 options, 2 veggie and 2 meat, and you choose one of them then have potatoes/rice/veggies or whatever else there is and then dessert. The meals aren't too bad, some of them aren't so great but they have a few themed nights every month like chinese, italian, greek etc which is pretty good :smile: And formal dinner food is never anything too special, but the atmosphere makes up for it haha :biggrin:
Thankfully not haha! :'D I'm a veggie so my choices are halved haha, but it's not bad :smile:
Breakfast there's always yoghurts, toast, cereal & fruit and then they have different things each day like croissants, pastries, bacon/veggie omelettes, sausages+veggie sausages, eggs, beans etc. And at weekends there's brunch instead of breakfast+lunch, saturdays there's cooked breakfast for lunch which is amazing :biggrin:
Lunch is probably the best meal because you get £5.10 on your card and you can either go to the dining hall and get a full meal which takes all of the money off of the card or you can get things like chicago town pizza, pasta pronto, starbucks, chinese, mediterranean food, smoothies, baguettes etc from Portland, and a lot of the buildings and faculties have their own cafés too which is pretty cool :smile:
For dinner there's always 4 options, 2 veggie and 2 meat, and you choose one of them then have potatoes/rice/veggies or whatever else there is and then dessert. The meals aren't too bad, some of them aren't so great but they have a few themed nights every month like chinese, italian, greek etc which is pretty good :smile: And formal dinner food is never anything too special, but the atmosphere makes up for it haha :biggrin:

Oh wow, that sounds great and not so bad at all.. :smile: Did you join the gym? Cause I was wondering how the gym's like..
Any S.t Peters Court, Uni of Nottingham pics?
Original post by screenager2004
There's another new one as well, Sherbourne? I haven't seen either of them so I'm quite excited to come back to Warwick in October haha. Even if Bluebell had been open to finalists, it would have been way out of my budget anyway.

I haven't received any grants from UK sources, I'm funded by the Japanese government instead. They give international students 80,000 yen a month (So about £650ish??) which is more than enough money to cover most expenses (and then some, I've been on a tour of all the restaurants in the local area).

What are you studying in japan?
I'm at Nottingham and they told me which hall I'd be in when they sent me my accommodation offer (end of March), but I didn't find out which block or room I was in until the day I arrived in September :smile:

Ahh! thats what I read from the Manchester site! but got confused cause i was thinking how can i get an offer if i won't be allocated a room yet.. lol. thank you, im not confused anymore now :biggrin:
University of Kent, Tyler Court C :smile:

IMG-20120119-00017.jpg

IMG-20120119-00020.jpg

IMG-20120119-00018.jpg

IMG-20120304-00029.jpg

IMG-20120304-00030.jpg
Original post by jaydemikaela

IMG-20120119-00017.jpg

IMG-20120119-00020.jpg

IMG-20120119-00018.jpg

IMG-20120304-00029.jpg

IMG-20120304-00030.jpg

pic number 2 watching david dickinson's real deal :wink:
Original post by Bellissima
pic number 2 watching david dickinson's real deal :wink:

Haha I took the pics a while ago and was trying to work out what that was :tongue:
Original post by jaydemikaela

IMG-20120119-00017.jpg

IMG-20120119-00020.jpg

IMG-20120119-00018.jpg

IMG-20120304-00029.jpg

IMG-20120304-00030.jpg

You have tescos in the comfort of your own room! cool! lol xD
Original post by aprilannep
You have tescos in the comfort of your own room! cool! lol xD

My Mum likes to stock me up! It's all pretty much gone now though. Except the beans. Still have loads!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending