The Student Room Group

Camp America = Being Fat.

I'm a Hyper guy but in the negative..A Avid gamer, I don't get much exercise and to be honest i've put on exessive amounts of weight over the years

My question is - Can i still go to Camp America? And what kind of roles do you think will best suit me? I would love to hear your opinion on this.

Maybe i've been wrapped in my bubble to long I've developed insecurities -.-

Thanks for the advice in advance.
I think it really depends on the extent of your weight gain and if it gives you major problems. For example if you can't walk far without getting out of breath then it's probably not a good idea.

If you've just got a little extra baggage it shouldn't be a problem.

If you think you've got too much weight to do it, perhaps delaying it a summer and using the time to get shed some?

Also you could get out and about maybe doing some volunteer work and developing your skills would enhance your application and improving your chances of getting placed.
Reply 2
I wouldn't worry too much about your weight, like a lot of Americans are hardly slim! As long as you are positive & friendly you should be okay :smile:
Original post by Notorious123
I'm a Hyper guy but in the negative..A Avid gamer, I don't get much exercise and to be honest i've put on exessive amounts of weight over the years

My question is - Can i still go to Camp America? And what kind of roles do you think will best suit me? I would love to hear your opinion on this.

Maybe i've been wrapped in my bubble to long I've developed insecurities -.-

Thanks for the advice in advance.

I lost weight at camp. I'm sure you would too as you'd be busy all the time, constantly preoccupied with kids/sports/activities and you'd have set meals and set meal times. And you're in the wilderness so less likely to go to the shops and binge.
Reply 4
I know BUNAC ask for your weight on the application, though according to one of their advisors it shouldn't affect your chances of placement. Whether that's true or not I can't say, but if you don't get placed then you will get money back.

Quick Reply

Latest