The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Current students at Broadgate Park.

Are there any students at the moment in Broadgate Park? What do you think of it? I've just been googling and stuff as I sent my application off today for the accommodation and have just come across horror stories such as :

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/accommodation/broadgate-park/reviews/

So I was wondering if there were students there now who could refute the negativity as on the outside it looks amazing.
A lot of those reviews are pre-refurb. I've only heard good things recently. The main issue is the thin walls but you'll have that anywhere. I'm staying in Broadgate next year :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ParadoxSocks
A lot of those reviews are pre-refurb. I've only heard good things recently. The main issue is the thin walls but you'll have that anywhere. I'm staying in Broadgate next year :smile:

Thanks for that good to see some first hand positive remarks. The woman I was with on the tour in Nottingham said she also found Broadgate Park amazing on her first year so I'm quite excited :biggrin:
Reply 3
I have a friend who's in BGP and she said she loves it there. I'm applying to BGP too :biggrin:
Reply 4
I've applied for Broadgate too. Can't wait. En-suite and self-catered all the way! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by DannyW94
I've applied for Broadgate too. Can't wait. En-suite and self-catered all the way! :biggrin:

Awesome I might see you! I also notice you're from Manchester, which college do you go to?
Reply 6
Original post by Omiclops
Awesome I might see you! I also notice you're from Manchester, which college do you go to?

Yeah, that would be awesome haha! King David High Sixth Form. How about you? :smile:
Reply 7
Yeah, that would be awesome haha! King David High Sixth Form. How about you? :smile:

Oh wow that's quite far from mine. I go to Xaverian which is near Fallowfield.
Reply 8
Oh wow that's quite far from mine. I go to Xaverian which is near Fallowfield.

Ahh ok. So what course are you going for?
Reply 9
Ahh ok. So what course are you going for?

Law! I've firmed and eveything. What about you?
Reply 10
Law! I've firmed and eveything. What about you?

English and French. Firmed it as well :P Know quite a few people who applied to do law and how competitive the course is so you did well in getting the offer!
Reply 11
I'm living at Broadgate currently and will be next year too. I enjoy living here, it's certainly not as bad as them reviews, I have no complaints really. The staff are friendly and if there is a problem like something breaking they come out and fix it quickly.
The walls are quite thin like someone mentioned so if you have a noisy neighbour it does get a bit annoying..But other than that it's great here :smile:
Reply 12
English and French. Firmed it as well :P Know quite a few people who applied to do law and how competitive the course is so you did well in getting the offer!

Good to see some more people from Manchester!

I went with SPC first and BGP second because of the cheaper en-suite option...think I prefer the look and location of BGP though so still not 100% decided.
Reply 13
Original post by Lozzo
I'm living at Broadgate currently and will be next year too. I enjoy living here, it's certainly not as bad as them reviews, I have no complaints really. The staff are friendly and if there is a problem like something breaking they come out and fix it quickly.
The walls are quite thin like someone mentioned so if you have a noisy neighbour it does get a bit annoying..But other than that it's great here :smile:

to be fair the walls are thin in every single hall.
Reply 14
Does anyone have any pics of a single study room (the standard one) at Broadgate and possibly some of an en-suite? I wanna see what it's like.

I think the area, layout and general look of Broadgate seems better than St. Peter's but SPC has the en-suite at a better price.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending