The Student Room Group

Zoology/Biological Sciences applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by redferry
This is SO good to hear!!!
It's like no-one realises zoology is a career path in its own right, so many people do it to go into vetinary

I know right! :tongue: We actually want to do Zoology for a reason! :biggrin:
Original post by Serentonin
Anyone going to Exeter in Sept for Biological Sciences?

Hi!Congrats! I got an offer from Exeter for zoology :smile: Still not sure, I really like Leeds though! :s-smilie:
I think I am going to firm Exeter-Cornwall Campus for Zoology and then insurance Im not sure Reading or Swansea??... any thoughts appreciated :smile:
Original post by redferry
This is SO good to hear!!!
It's like no-one realises zoology is a career path in its own right, so many people do it to go into vetinary

Original post by Africananimal
I know right! :tongue: We actually want to do Zoology for a reason! :biggrin:

Im so glad im not the only one! Iv applyed to christchurch (animal science) and cardiff (zoology) and all i ever get asked is "do you want to be a vet then" as if its the only thing you can do
Wow, iv just read most of the posts in this thread. Well done to everyone. Just really wish id found this months ago!

Applied for

Cornwall college - Foundation zoological conservation
Manchester met - zoology with foundation and year in industry
Christchurch - Animal Science with foundation
Cardiff - Zoology with preliminary year and a year in industry
Nottingham Trent - Animal conservation foundation

Rejected from Manchester met, an unconditional from Christchurch and have been invited to an openday with informal interview at Cornwall (includes a visit to the zoo!!)

I want to get into Cardiff so much. Had an email to say they received my application but heard nothing since. Just hoping iv done enough to get in. I studied fashion at college but hated it and only left with PPP and only left school with a, b's and c's. Just want to hear now :frown:
Reply 585
Original post by R.tailor
I have an interview for a couse called 'International Wildlife Biology' at the University of Glamorgan in Cardiff on the 29th Feb.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what Qs I may be asked.
Thank you

I've applied for the same, in my interview it was fairly relaxed they gave me the chance to ask questions first. They asked me to identify an animal skull and talk them through the reasons why I thought it was that. But no tough questions (although I was the last one there and they were running late and needed to start on the next wave of interviews so I have a feeling mine was very slightly rushed! hehe)

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 586
Original post by R.tailor
I have an interview for a couse called 'International Wildlife Biology' at the University of Glamorgan in Cardiff on the 29th Feb.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what Qs I may be asked.
Thank you

oh- and good luck for tomorrow! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 587
Is anyone going to the open day at UCL tomorrow for biological sciences?
Hello fellow bio/zoology geeks!
I'm currently deciding between Leeds and Leicester for my firm choice, for zoology/ biosci:zoology! Both ask for ABB, but Leeds also has an access to Leeds offer of BBC 0.o! Kinda struggling where to pick, any ideas?
Abers' going to be my insurance.
Good luck to all (And hopefully see some of you come september!)
Reply 589
Hi guys, luckily I got an unconditional offer from UCL to study biological sciences!!
Any advice for me?
My situation right now:

Unconditionals from Leicester and King's
Rejected from UCL for two courses
Waiting for Queen Mary

Between King's and Leicester I've decided I prefer Leicester for several reasons! And unless Queen Mary gives me some insane offer of unconditional with lots of sweets or something, I'm choosing Leicester as my firm!! :P

Excited! Any Leicester firmers for biological sciences?? :smile:
Is anyone else choosing Exeter as their firm choice for Zoology? I am in love with Falmouth and honestly can't see myself anywhere else..my offer was conditional ABB, fingers/toes/everything crossed!!

p.s. also wanting to be a Zoologist, doing Zoology purely because I want to for the rest of my life!!
Original post by louthelion
Is anyone else choosing Exeter as their firm choice for Zoology? I am in love with Falmouth and honestly can't see myself anywhere else..my offer was conditional ABB, fingers/toes/everything crossed!!

p.s. also wanting to be a Zoologist, doing Zoology purely because I want to for the rest of my life!!

I have, and my offer's unconditional so I'm deffo going :smile: I feel exactly the same as you about Falmouth, so so so beautiful! I missed out on Exeter with my results last year, but was so desperate to go I chose to not go to my insurance (despite the fees!) and reapply and they gave me an unconditional this time round.

I literally can't wait!

Now it seems that people are starting to make decisions, it might be nice to set up a fb group or something for everyone who has firmed Cornwall, its what happened last year and it was really nice to 'get to know' others who were going - despite the fact I missed out in the end! I might set one up in a few weeks time, and see if we can get the word out :smile:
Original post by LateNightSkies
I have, and my offer's unconditional so I'm deffo going :smile: I feel exactly the same as you about Falmouth, so so so beautiful! I missed out on Exeter with my results last year, but was so desperate to go I chose to not go to my insurance (despite the fees!) and reapply and they gave me an unconditional this time round.

I literally can't wait!

Now it seems that people are starting to make decisions, it might be nice to set up a fb group or something for everyone who has firmed Cornwall, its what happened last year and it was really nice to 'get to know' others who were going - despite the fact I missed out in the end! I might set one up in a few weeks time, and see if we can get the word out :smile:

ahh lucky you, well done! Yeah if I don't get the grades I think i'll do the same. Fb group sounds like a great idea, we should definitely set one up. Would be sweet to talk to others who are going and will be good for motivation! :smile:
Anyone who's applied to Exeter Cornwall Campus....

Feel free to join the fb group below. Would be great to here from you and might be a nice way to get to know each other better before sept/lend support for the coming exams!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/347584798617557/

:smile:
Reply 595
Original post by Jyouie
Hi guys, luckily I got an unconditional offer from UCL to study biological sciences!!
Any advice for me?

that's amazing, what were your AS subjects and grades if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 596
Original post by inspiration91
My situation right now:

Unconditionals from Leicester and King's
Rejected from UCL for two courses
Waiting for Queen Mary

Between King's and Leicester I've decided I prefer Leicester for several reasons! And unless Queen Mary gives me some insane offer of unconditional with lots of sweets or something, I'm choosing Leicester as my firm!! :P

Excited! Any Leicester firmers for biological sciences?? :smile:

Well done! I'd love to be in your position this time next year, what were your AS subjects and grades? Hope you don't mind me asking
Original post by pjanoo
Well done! I'd love to be in your position this time next year, what were your AS subjects and grades? Hope you don't mind me asking

I did Biology, German, Chemistry and Maths.
For AS I got AAAB respectively and my A2's were AABD respectively! (Really regret taking Maths haha!)

Then did Medicine at King's for 1 1/2 years but due to some unfortunate circumstances I had to drop out and reapplied for Biological Sciences, which I love just as much :smile:
Reply 598
Original post by pjanoo
that's amazing, what were your AS subjects and grades if you don't mind me asking?

Hmm, I'm sorry that I did not take A levels, I took an exam called UEC, which is equivalent to A levels, and I took Malay language, Chinese Language, English Language, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Add Maths I and Add Maths II.
Exeter anyone? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending