The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine MBChB A100 Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

The waitingss absolutly killing me :frown:
If I ever become an admissions tutor ill tell the interviewee straight away whether they're sucessful or not
ggrrr
Hi everyone,
I have had an interview at Liverpool uni for medicine in november they said they would get back to me in march but it feels like I have been waiting forever and really nervous to hear the outcome! Just wondering has anyone heard anything back yet and what did you think of the interview!
The waiting is killing me too! Its my first choice and i had my interview in november but it feels like forever! Have you got any other offers ?
Reply 1683
Liverpool is now my last chance other than a waiting list for BSMS. BRING IT.
Reply 1684
Original post by Toppy
Liverpool is now my last chance other than a waiting list for BSMS. BRING IT.

Is that a waiting list for an Interview or post interview ?
Reply 1685
Original post by myyrh
Is that a waiting list for an Interview or post interview ?

For an interview. Chance is pretty small I suspect so I'm not holding my breath.
Reply 1686
Original post by Toppy
For an interview. Chance is pretty small I suspect so I'm not holding my breath.

Ah okay, Good luck for Liverpool man :smile:
Reply 1687
mid to end march is when we will hear. expect another week to week and half more
Original post by LucyStead
Hi everyone,
I have had an interview at Liverpool uni for medicine in november they said they would get back to me in march but it feels like I have been waiting forever and really nervous to hear the outcome! Just wondering has anyone heard anything back yet and what did you think of the interview!

Funny I was just about to make a thread about the exact same thing. I thought they said early march but I'm probably getting mixed up with other things.
Reply 1689
Original post by Baines_22
Funny I was just about to make a thread about the exact same thing. I thought they said early march but I'm probably getting mixed up with other things.

Well hopefully we hear back this week although I doubt it. most likely next week or the week after.
I'm so nervous I don't no if it went well or not, but this is my first choice so I can't wait to hear and now it's march I feel as if I'm checking my emails constantly!
I have an interview on Wednesday so I don't think offers are coming out this week. I think this is possibly the last week of interviews, though.

I'm so sorry to be like this, but can you guys tell me in general terms what to focus on for the interview? Because with UEA I prepped for the total wrong questions, and I like Liverpool a lot, don't want to mess this one up :p: I know Liverpool ask about PBL, and why Med/why L'pool. Is there much reflection (what did you learn from x, what are your weaknesses etc)?

Edit: lot of hate for this post? I was replying to a thread that orginally was asking about when offers were being given out then it got moved. But not to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm fairly sure today was the last day of interviews :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1692
Original post by Parle à ma main
I have an interview on Wednesday so I don't think offers are coming out this week. I think this is possibly the last week of interviews, though.

I'm so sorry to be like this, but can you guys tell me in general terms what to focus on for the interview? Because with UEA I prepped for the total wrong questions, and I like Liverpool a lot, don't want to mess this one up :p: I know Liverpool ask about PBL, and why Med/why L'pool. Is there much reflection (what did you learn from x, what are your weaknesses etc)?

there's no set questions my advice is to know your PS very well. for me 100% of questions were based on my PS. also, they tend to ask lots of followup questions, so dont say anything unless ur absolutely sure u can defend it. a girl before me got asked a question, she gaves a good prepared answer...they asked a follow up and she blanked. they ccalled her out on making statements about things she didnt know much. so yeah, watch what youre saying
Original post by .eXe
there's no set questions my advice is to know your PS very well. for me 100% of questions were based on my PS. also, they tend to ask lots of followup questions, so dont say anything unless ur absolutely sure u can defend it. a girl before me got asked a question, she gaves a good prepared answer...they asked a follow up and she blanked. they ccalled her out on making statements about things she didnt know much. so yeah, watch what youre saying

Thank you! I'm so relieved you told me that because I totally forgot my PS even existed, I would have blanked on questions about it. I'll make sure to respect my limits, I think I fell down there with UEA, and then the interviewer ended up thinking I was lying haha :colonhash: Thanks and my fingers are crossed for you for when they do start handing out offers! :smile:
Reply 1694
Original post by Parle à ma main
Thank you! I'm so relieved you told me that because I totally forgot my PS even existed, I would have blanked on questions about it. I'll make sure to respect my limits, I think I fell down there with UEA, and then the interviewer ended up thinking I was lying haha :colonhash: Thanks and my fingers are crossed for you for when they do start handing out offers! :smile:

no worries mate good luck!
Decided to withdraw my application today (already have the offer I want)

I assume Liverpool will sent out decisions soon - so I hope you all get the positive outcome you deserve.

We're nearly at the end of this mentally and emotionally draining process - wish you all the best :wink:
Reply 1696
Hello. I am an international applicant. Do you know whether it will be more advantageous to be invited for an interview early or not?
Reply 1697
Original post by APMED
Hello. I am an international applicant. Do you know whether it will be more advantageous to be invited for an interview early or not?

no advantage at all. wen was your interview btw?
Reply 1698
Hey, I was also interviewed in November and this wait has just been SICKENING! Good luck to everyone, let's hope we hear sooner rather than later in March! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
got an official email from liverpool today hope this clears everything up:

Dear Student

As stated on your letter inviting you to interview a decision will be made on your application by 31 March. This is the deadline for all decision to be made via UCAS.

We are currently still interviewing and are aiming to start making offers mid March. The offer making process takes approximately two and a half weeks so it is not possible for everyone to receive their decision on the same day as their friends etc. Offers will be made in no particular order.

Each phone call that is made to our office asking when will a decision be made is adding time to this process and lengthening the time it takes to make our offers. candidates will receive a decision by 31 March and if you have not received a decision by then please give us a call. If we have requested further information or you have a further query not related to your offer please contact us via email [email protected]. However please DO NOT call or email to ask when you will receive a decision.

Best wishes

Admissions Office

School of Medicine
Institute of Learning and Teaching
Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
The University of Liverpool
Cedar House
Ashton Street
Liverpool
L69 3GE

Quick Reply

Latest