The Student Room Group

King's College London Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2660
Original post by EllaBella<3
I'm having this dilemma! I'm thinking Wolfson house .. what about you?

I was thinking great dover street because I really don't want to share a bathroom haha :P

but gds is so expensive! are wolfson house and gds the closest ones? does anyone know what others are close to the lectures etc..
I wish some of the halls close to Guy's Campus were catered..

GDS y u no catered? :colonhash:
Original post by emmy1313
For me that's just one of the several awesome reasons id choose GDS, should I receive an offer

what are your other reasons? :smile:

Original post by hslakaal
Gonna be Wolfsons for me - GDS is just too expensive and Wolfson is closest.for lectures I hear.

The walk from GDS to the lecture theaters is quite nice,its literally a 2 minute walk through a park and a street with a couple of shops..
fell in love with GDS on the open day tour :colondollar:
Reply 2663
Original post by AwesomeAkhilesh

Well the area itself is actually quite nice, at least to me. And the building is rather clean (at least when I visited haha :tongue:) - considering I had come from visiting some gross UCL accomodation sites at the time lol. Apart from the general building's cleanliness, I was satisfied with the rooms - though people say they're small and whatnot, it doesn't really bother me at all.

And ofcourse, the fact that the walk isn't really long at all is a big plus to me also! :tongue: Gotta reiterate the fact that it's ensuite :biggrin:
Reply 2664
guys where is kings medicine predominantly based: guys campus or on denmark hill (kcl hospital)?

thanks
Reply 2665
if you have an offer (for 2012 entry), can you defer it?
really like the sound of a gap yah :wink:
Reply 2666
Original post by alt31
if you have an offer (for 2012 entry), can you defer it?
really like the sound of a gap yah :wink:

I think u need a really good reason, maybe if you want to volunteer abroad or something/ do something productive. :smile:
Reply 2667
Original post by MrDoctor
guys where is kings medicine predominantly based: guys campus or on denmark hill (kcl hospital)?

thanks

The vast majority of teaching during the first two years is based at Guy's.

The walk from GDS to the lecture theaters is quite nice,its literally a 2 minute walk through a park and a street with a couple of shops..
fell in love with GDS on the open day tour :colondollar:

Well, the money is still the biggest one tbh. :frown:
Original post by hslakaal
Well, the money is still the biggest one tbh. :frown:

living out after first year is going to be even more expensive... :redface:
Should I withdraw my Southampton application so I can reply to King's more quickly? I know I should considering I want to go to King's anyways but it just seems like such a big thing to do... and there's that selfish part of me that wants to know if they would have taken me or not... I guess I'll just have to do it.

Does anyone know how likely it is to get first or second choice accomodation? I know we have to rank like all 12 accommodations or something.

I think I might go for GDS in the end... I'd rather pay more and have the luxury of my own bathroom. Sharing a kitchen with less people will also make a huge difference as I am a bit of an OCD person when it comes to kitchens lol.
living out after first year is going to be even more expensive... :redface:

So?

more incentive to save money in the first year then, no?
is anybody going to the 21st march open day? :smile:

also, how much of a student life do you reckon somebody would miss out on if they lived at home? (bearing in mind they joined a lot of societies and hung out at friends flats and stuff :tongue:)
Original post by laurie:)
is anybody going to the 21st march open day? :smile:

also, how much of a student life do you reckon somebody would miss out on if they lived at home? (bearing in mind they joined a lot of societies and hung out at friends flats and stuff :tongue:)

18th April for me :frown:

You wouldn't miss much in your case :P
Original post by TheStudentBoom

What's annoying is I could only go to the March one... but they gave me the offer so late that it was full! Ah well!

Do you guys know if there's an offer holders thread?

going to the April one too!

might see you there :biggrin:
going to the April one too!

might see you there :biggrin:

That'd be cool! I've always wanted to meet people off TSR in real life :biggrin:
Original post by JessicaStacks
What's annoying is I could only go to the March one... but they gave me the offer so late that it was full! Ah well!

Do you guys know if there's an offer holders thread?

I've no idea, I was wondering the same thing. I've joined the GKT 2012 freshers page on FB though :cool:
That'd be cool! I've always wanted to meet people off TSR in real life :biggrin:

haha,same :smile:

I've no idea, I was wondering the same thing. I've joined the GKT 2012 freshers page on FB though :cool:

me too, PM me who you are :P
Reply 2679
Hi ,

was wondering what everyone was thinking about accomodation choices ? Anyone know anything about the halls?

What sort of contact hours will there be in 1st year, wondered if traveling in to campus was a big deal,if you get allocated further out?

Thanks El

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending