The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

Just in from work feet up and SSN on!
Original post by R-KAM
And so the fun beings.

Gid yin.
Wylde left without a redundancy package, and stated that he was leaving money for those who had families to support and had a greater need, i.e. kitchen staff at Ibrox. Say what you will about Rangers, and I do hate the bastards, but I can't help but wish Wylde luck and say "good show".
Original post by FrigidSymphony
Wylde left without a redundancy package, and stated that he was leaving money for those who had families to support and had a greater need, i.e. kitchen staff at Ibrox. Say what you will about Rangers, and I do hate the bastards, but I can't help but wish Wylde luck and say "good show".

If he's being sincere, aye.

However, that is exactly the way I would spin it if I wanted a quick exit before the walls cave in, but was concerned about my image and the goodwill directed towards me. Redundancy package matters little to him, and even less in the grand scheme of things.

He's just been smart, or well advised. Either way, I admire him for that. Smart kid.
****ing hell, I just found out that the Poppy Campaign has been added to Rangers list of creditors owed... They didn't give a single penny from their "Poppy Appeal" to the campaign. What absolute scumbags.
Original post by Celtic_Anthony
If he's being sincere, aye.

However, that is exactly the way I would spin it if I wanted a quick exit before the walls cave in, but was concerned about my image and the goodwill directed towards me. Redundancy package matters little to him, and even less in the grand scheme of things.

He's just been smart, or well advised. Either way, I admire him for that. Smart kid.

Aye, but football is so swamped with ****heads and greedy post-chavs that it's heartening to see someone who isn't actually overwhelmed by a desire for money. Particularly stinging to me now that Gavin Rae has further pointed out how important Arnason is to our club, and the bastard wants more money than we can afford to pay him...
Aye, but football is so swamped with ****heads and greedy post-chavs that it's heartening to see someone who isn't actually overwhelmed by a desire for money. Particularly stinging to me now that Gavin Rae has further pointed out how important Arnason is to our club, and the bastard wants more money than we can afford to pay him...

As I said, his motives are probably equally as commercially-driven as everyone else's. He's just been advised that this approach is better for him in the long-term (generates goodwill, gets him press attention- and good press, at that- and frees him from a contract at a club where he wasn't getting a fair crack of the whip to sign for another club straightaway).

I admire his smarts.

Re Arnason, I do believe every player is entitled to demand a fair value for their services. It's the free market, after all. 'Playing for the jersey' expectations only apply to boyhood fans, badge-kissers and players who owe the club one (club resurrected career, etc. see Larsson). The real evil is the inflation of wages post-Sky deal that has created such a massive wealth gap in football.
Reply 6627
Gid yin.

Bah. :lol:

Bloody pedant so you are :colonhash:
Wylde seemed like a decent prospect, went out in a good fashion.

Good luck to him, I guess. I wonder who they'll lose next :colone: Money's on Bocanegra.
Original post by R-KAM
Bah. :lol:

Bloody pedant so you are :colonhash:

Guilty as charged m'lud.
Reply 6630
Guilty as charged m'lud.

You are sentenced to 48 hours of ignoring spelling and grammatical errors :h:
Original post by R-KAM
You are sentenced to 48 hours of ignoring spelling and grammatical errors :h:

Impossible. Request leave to appeal, m'lud.
Need to take that back about the Poppy Campaign, they clarified that the rumours were unfounded and that they have in fact received money from Rangers.

Anyway, I was thinking, the SPL rewards for 1st and 2nd place are probably peanuts to Celtic and Rangers (at least prior to administration), but would be of enormous help to the other clubs. Yet another argument in favour of Rangers going.
Reply 6633
Impossible. Request leave to appeal, m'lud.

If the appeal fails, the ban will be extended to 72 hours. Are you sure you wish to go through with this?

Spoiler

As I said, his motives are probably equally as commercially-driven as everyone else's. He's just been advised that this approach is better for him in the long-term (generates goodwill, gets him press attention- and good press, at that- and frees him from a contract at a club where he wasn't getting a fair crack of the whip to sign for another club straightaway).

I admire his smarts.

Re Arnason, I do believe every player is entitled to demand a fair value for their services. It's the free market, after all. 'Playing for the jersey' expectations only apply to boyhood fans, badge-kissers and players who owe the club one (club resurrected career, etc. see Larsson). The real evil is the inflation of wages post-Sky deal that has created such a massive wealth gap in football.

If he stayed with Aberdeen for a few more seasons, he could prove to be a vital asset in bringing us up to the top 6, maybe even 3rd or 4th. He's obviously a very talented player, and he's at a club that has nowhere to go but up, which he could play a great part in. How could probably get a much better deal after a few seasons of doing good work with us then leaving now after just the one season. He's also probably going to win the AFC player of the year and goal of the year awards.
Original post by R-KAM
If the appeal fails, the ban will be extended to 72 hours. Are you sure you wish to go through with this?

Spoiler

I'm gonna flout yer flucking ban. Surrender, No.
Reply 6636
I'm gonna flout yer flucking ban. Surrender, No.

Sounds like you are walking away though!
Original post by R-KAM
Sounds like you are walking away though!

Aye, but it's awright I'm doing it for the kitchen staff.
Reply 6638
Aye, but it's awright I'm doing it for the kitchen staff.

Unsurpassed dignity. You've earned those brown brogues, sir :adore:
If he stayed with Aberdeen for a few more seasons, he could prove to be a vital asset in bringing us up to the top 6, maybe even 3rd or 4th. He's obviously a very talented player, and he's at a club that has nowhere to go but up, which he could play a great part in. How could probably get a much better deal after a few seasons of doing good work with us then leaving now after just the one season. He's also probably going to win the AFC player of the year and goal of the year awards.

Why would Arnason care about Aberdeen getting better. He is 29 and only got a few years left in him. Guessing he wants a few years to make a good wage. Anyway he has playing pretty **** in the last few games.

Also can't wait for Rangers to go properly bust. Then only the green cheek of that arse to follow and the SPL will be much better.

Quick Reply

Latest