The Student Room Group

Edexcel 2012 GCE grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by EffKayy
HAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!! No.

really the maths looks really high !!
Reply 41
Can anyone confirm the authenticity of these boundaries? The Edexcel website doesn't show January 2012 boundaries, only November 2011 at the latest?
Reply 42
Original post by JOR2010
Can anyone confirm the authenticity of these boundaries? The Edexcel website doesn't show January 2012 boundaries, only November 2011 at the latest?

thats what i meant !!! i checked the site only shows the nov 2011!!! no one gets the grade boundaries till tommorow even my teacher told me???:confused:
Original post by JOR2010

Well, they are from edexcel.com if you look at the link, so I think they are authentic. Maths was harsh but if you look at other subjects they were quite fair.
Original post by gandhi1
X

Where did you find these links out of interest?
Reply 45
Original post by snow leopard
Well, they are from edexcel.com if you look at the link, so I think they are authentic. Maths was harsh but if you look at other subjects they were quite fair.

That's the funny thing! I can assume they're true, just 69 for 80 UMS seems absurd. It's not even D1!
Reply 46
How did the op find these boundaries? I have a account and I cant find them.
can you post the OCR ones tomorrow if you find them please??
Reply 48
Original post by otrivine
really the maths looks really high !!

Maths grade boundaries are very mean because most of the candidates are either retake candidates or sitting Further Maths. Looks like I'll be doing my Core paper again.. :colondollar:
Original post by JOR2010
That's the funny thing! I can assume they're true, just 69 for 80 UMS seems absurd. It's not even D1!

It's not something we haven't seen before; C4 and S2 were also 69 last year, sadly.
Reply 50
It's not something we haven't seen before; C4 and S2 were also 69 last year, sadly.

But that's for 90 UMS, which is understandable. But I've never seen 80 UMS for an AS module in the region of 69, EVER!
Original post by JOR2010
But that's for 90 UMS, which is understandable. But I've never seen 80 UMS for an AS module in the region of 69, EVER!

You're mistaken it was indeed 80UMS, you actually needed 72 for 90UMS in those.
Reply 52
You're mistaken it was indeed 80UMS, you actually needed 72 for 90UMS in those.

But for an AS module, I swear I've never come across that before?! Must be a lot of clever people doing FP1. Like Zhy. :')
Original post by JOR2010
I would have much preferred a harder paper and lower boundaries. I mean, the FP1 boundary is higher than D1! D1 I TELL YOU.. You know something's wrong when that happens...

Then again, FP1 had some silly questions - an induction proof that was WAY too easy, and so many 'show that' questions. We'll see Thursday!

yeah i had that theory about a hard paper and low boundaries.. I genuinely thought c3 was a hard paper as well and the boundaries don't seem to agree with me :tongue:
Are you sure these are the boundaries for the exams sat in the uk... as c3 seems ridicoeusely high
Reply 55
I hope these aren't the final ones, because I, along with the rest of our school's Further Mathematicians, are shocked by the C3/C4 grade boundaries :confused:
I agree, thse don't seem real, the c4 exam was a lot harder than privious years and 65 for an a isnt realistic, i would have thought it would be about that for the a* tbh.
Reply 57
where did you get the boundaries from?/ i hope they are not playing with us!!
Reply 58
oh my god...........this is insane,............i think there is going to be lot of complains related to this grade boundary.............and may be the boundary would change..............hope that happens........
because these grade boundaries are not fair at all. lets have a protest guys
Reply 59
Original post by otrivine
where did you get the boundaries from?/ i hope they are not playing with us!!

and so do i think pal LOL :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest