The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Absolutely sickening numbers.

The numbers in your OP, are they raw also?
Reply 81
No squat was with wraps and dead with a suit.

Tonight

12" deadlift

220kg x 1
260kg x 1
290kg x 1
310kg x 3 - A PB I believe

Squat

140kg x 1 - Easing back into it, will add 10kg every session

Floor Press - Close grip

110kg x 4 - PB

Decent session
Amazing lifts mate, you're a beast!
Reply 83
Trained at the weightlifting club tonight, really good atmosphere and can put on our own music. Will be training there aswell as my normal place.

Squat

150kg x 3
170kg x 1
180kg x 1

The plan tonight was to work up to 150kg but I couldn't help pushing it a little bit more to see how the knee would cope. All seems well.

SLDL

190kg x 5
210kg x 5

Added some leg drive

250kg x 6 - Easy

Stretched and left.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 84
Been a bit slack with lifting this week, was out on thurs which effected fri night, was out last night with similar consequences

CGBP

90kg x 3
100kg x 6 - Form was all over the place, need to be more consistent and kick on to 10 reps

Floor press - CG

100kg x 3
110kg x 3

Shrugs

140kg x 3 x 8

Been a good week for work, secured myself a new contract with an operator. Downside is I've been out twice to celebrate and lifting has gone down the pan. I've been offered sponsorship from my company so if I go to France its for free :biggrin:
Which operator?

Also heard about the weightlifting club. Spoke to Mike about it and he spoke to the head of the sports union or something and apparently there's currently enough lifters there from outwith Aberdeen Uni there. :frown:
Reply 86
It was very busy on Friday, and the room is quite small. I think a Wed night session has now been added. Keep an eye on it though as not everything has been sorted with regards to people paying insurance fees etc.

Start work on a project at CNR next week. Not the nicest place I've been too but its in an ideal location, only a 15min walk to the office. Its a good project for me and will look good on the CV. Dropped in at the deep end is an understatement but they're willing to bring me up to speed.
Yeah I think there can only be 15 people in at any one time. Mike said it's quite busy at the moment but I think that it might die down a bit later if many people who go there are primarily interested in muscle gain and looking like an Abercrombie model as opposed to strength training and competing and figure out that they prefer ASV due to all of the eye-candy. Wouldn't necessarily be able to make many session until my dissertation is handed in anyway as I just train when I can.

Being in a good location is definitely a plus, and it doesn't get much better than right next to the city centre. That was one of the things that I didn't like about Maersk being out in Altens was that there was nothing to do during your lunch break (you couldn't go to the bank or meet friends for lunch or go to the shops) and it took ages to get there. But alas big companies usually need big offices which are usually in big industrial estates...
Reply 88
Deadlift

170kg x 3
210kg x 3
250kg x 12 PB - Brutal set, all dead stop. Would like to put this in a 1rm calculator and see what it comes out with.

Good Morning

70kg x 8
100kg x 5

I felt like death so left.

I had what felt like limitless power of the floor, that didn't deteriate at all, but my lockout did and through the set it got tough around the knee.
Reply 89
:zomg: you crazy! Awesome PB.

Damn!
Original post by Herr Stamper
Deadlift

250kg x 12 PB - Brutal set, all dead stop. Would like to put this in a 1rm calculator and see what it comes out with.

I put it into one for lulz and it says 360kg.

That would be near the outright all feds WR for your weight class right?
Including the roiders/equipped people?

Edit: Also, i put it in the one for calculated your Madcows lifts and he says he'll get you to 390*5 with a 1RM of 439 in 12 weeks. Do it brah...
(edited 12 years ago)
Somehow I don't think Madcows would really work at this level.
Reply 93
Original post by Motorbiker
I put it into one for lulz and it says 360kg.

That would be near the outright all feds WR for your weight class right?
Including the roiders/equipped people?

Edit: Also, i put it in the one for calculated your Madcows lifts and he says he'll get you to 390*5 with a 1RM of 439 in 12 weeks. Do it brah...

LOL!

I don't think calculators really work that well with high reps. If I knocked out 5 @ 300kg then it would be more accurate I think
When do you think you'll enter another comp? Would love to see a vid of your lifts. No homo.

Original post by Michael XYZ

Nice lifts! Out of curiosity how long have u been lifting for and what's your progress been like year by year?
Reply 96
Strong lifts.. That deadlift set must've been insane.

Original post by Michael XYZ

Reply 97
Original post by redbuthotter
Nice lifts! Out of curiosity how long have u been lifting for and what's your progress been like year by year?

In 2011 I deadlifted a very difficult 325kg raw, this year I've done a comfy 320kg (+5kg I'd say as I reckon 330kg would've gone)
I started 2011 benching 100, and finished with a PB of 120 (+20kg)
Squat I didn't really make any progress, I narrowed my stance and dropped the knee wraps, I think I got up to 180 x 8 (maybe more, I can't remember) raw, which Im building back up to. Put that into a 1rm calculator and you get around 230kg. I squatted 250kg in wraps last year so maybe 255-260kg (+5-10kg)

So the main theme is I'm lucky to get 10kg a year out of my dead and squat at the mo, although I think I could do more to improve on the squat. Bench has seen some solid progress. Last year was a decent year and the first in a very long time where I was able to train the big 3 simultaneously.
Improve that bench!

I'm in a somewhat similar position with bench. Started at 100kg, pretty much, would really like to hit something like 130kg though. Your deadlift and squat are ridiculously good though.
Reply 99
It would be a lot more if I hadn't ruined my rotator cuff. Maybe up to 140kg, which is still out of proportion, but then so are my arms lol.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest