Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the LGBT scene like in Bath/Bath Spa uni?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about Bath Spa uni, and wondered what the LGBT scene is like in the general area of Bath and the uni itself?

As in, is there an LGBT society, and what's it like, any LGBT youth groups or gay clubs etc.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    hey i know the uni has a LGBT society but dont no about Bath city. have you heard anything.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bath has ONE gay bar and it's super scabby.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    My google search for 'gay scene in bath' suggests that you might be in luck:

but heaven knows what kind of targeted advertising I can now look forward to on my browser...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)

but heaven knows what kind of targeted advertising I can now look forward to on my browser...
    Looks like a scene from a film about Romans.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bath has two bars actually in right in the center, bath tap. And Mandalyns a bit of a trek North but quite friendly hang out. Bath is a bit of a straight city but there are no chavs to take the piss at least .
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weusedtowait)
    I'm thinking about Bath Spa uni, and wondered what the LGBT scene is like in the general area of Bath and the uni itself?

As in, is there an LGBT society, and what's it like, any LGBT youth groups or gay clubs etc.
    Have a look on Stonewalls Guide to Universities. It generally runs through the society and the town.

Bath itself is a rich, South West city on the tourist trail without overtly anti-gay stuff anywhere but also not particularly geared to it like say Brighton. However you are fifteen minutes away by train to Bristol which is buzzier so look up Bristol Uni on Stonewall too for details of night life.

I live in the South West and generally speaking it is safe for LGBT people but does not cater for them specifically.

Good luck choosing

• 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)

Very funny!!!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 7, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.