The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F214 Communication, Homeostasis and Energy Friday 22 June 2012

Time to get cracking

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd really appreciate questions on this module

its been really hard finding some
Reply 2
If Anyone wants all the JAN 12 papers for biology and chemistry OCR A and B, heres the link:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1943168
Reply 3
Why is glucose activated in step one of glycolysis?
Reply 4
Original post by splendidsun
Why is glucose activated in step one of glycolysis?

Because glucose molecules are stable and phosphate needs to be added so it's easier to break glucose molecule into two. Good question though!! It made me think
Reply 5
Original post by Dan12
Because glucose molecules are stable and phosphate needs to be added so it's easier to break glucose molecule into two. Good question though!! It made me think

Mhm makes sense!

There's a lot of those to come..the textbook is filled with holes
Reply 6
Can someone explain oxidative phosporylation please?
Reply 7
Original post by a123
Can someone explain oxidative phosporylation please?

Oxidative phosphorylation is the production of ATP (from a condensation reaction between ADP and inorganic phosphate) in the presence of oxygen. The process is catalysed by the enzyme ATP synthase and oxygen is required as it acts as the final electron acceptor to.produce water...so you can think of it as a means to an end

It is the last stage of the series of reactions that make up respiration and occurs in the inner mitochondrial membrane of the mitochondria.

Substrate level phosphorylation is the other type that occurs during glycolysis and the krebs cycle and differs in that the ATP is produced directly
Retake paper for me ):
I messed this up in jan because before the exam i was playing online games :angry:
i'm so stupid.
Do join us if you want a revision buddy !:biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by arvin_infinity

I'd like to join :smile:
Reply 11
Hey guys I’m doing this exam :smile:

I’m finding it hard to put the light dependent stage of photosynthesis into words. Say we got a question along the lines of Describe the non-cyclic stage of the light-dependent reaction’, what would you write?
Original post by -Haz-
Hey guys I’m doing this exam :smile:

I’m finding it hard to put the light dependent stage of photosynthesis into words. Say we got a question along the lines of Describe the non-cyclic stage of the light-dependent reaction’, what would you write?

it's in the text book worded perfectly.
The big ocr purple one with the pic of the brain on it.
Reply 13
Original post by splendidsun
Oxidative phosphorylation is the production of ATP (from a condensation reaction between ADP and inorganic phosphate) in the presence of oxygen. The process is catalysed by the enzyme ATP synthase and oxygen is required as it acts as the final electron acceptor to.produce water...so you can think of it as a means to an end

It is the last stage of the series of reactions that make up respiration and occurs in the inner mitochondrial membrane of the mitochondria.

Substrate level phosphorylation is the other type that occurs during glycolysis and the krebs cycle and differs in that the ATP is produced directly

Remember the electron transport chain is also included in oxidative phosphorylation
Hi F214 people!
At school we got given a revision disc with loads of past questions (from the previous specification) that are relevant to this course.

I've uploaded them to Google Docs, and they should be viewable from the below link:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0By84nmCmJZnWMU5EN2RDcmtBU2s

This includes questions for F211, F212, F214 and F215

Please +ve rep if this has been helpful! :smile:
Original post by arvin_infinity

Hey! :biggrin: How did your Jan paper go?
Can anyone help with this? :smile:

Q) explain the importance of photosynthetic pigments in photosynthesis
Reply 17
Original post by beanstalkgirl_24
Hi F214 people!
At school we got given a revision disc with loads of past questions (from the previous specification) that are relevant to this course.

I've uploaded them to Google Docs, and they should be viewable from the below link:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0By84nmCmJZnWMU5EN2RDcmtBU2s

This includes questions for F211, F212, F214 and F215

Please +ve rep if this has been helpful! :smile:

very helpful :smile:
Probably should start properly revising, as so far I have only managed to look at structure of chloroplasts and structure of mitochondria

I need someone to inject motivation into me!
Reply 19
hi can someone ask me question on first chapter like the neurone ones please we can revise anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending