The Student Room Group

TSR Graduate entry medics and applicants society! Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
This is awful, how can they be so slow that only a sprinkling of people have be notified of offers, no rejections that i can see yet! Sitting here thinking if there are no rejections yet then im probs getting a rejection as they'll let everyone know who got in first! AAAAAHHHHHHH stressful! :-S
Reply 81
Original post by Tripo
Its not done alphabetically
my surname is on the latter end,
I think its done by how awesome you did at the interview:colone:

hu·mil·i·ty

Humility (adjectival form: humble) is the quality of being modest, reverential, even politely submissive, and never being arrogant, contemptuous, rude or even self-abasing.
Reply 82
Original post by adsyrah
hu·mil·i·ty

Humility (adjectival form: humble) is the quality of being modest, reverential, even politely submissive, and never being arrogant, contemptuous, rude or even self-abasing.

i was only joking mate!!!!!!!! Congrats on newcastle btw. Whats your first choice?

I apologise to all those that took offence.
Original post by adsyrah
Congrats!!

I'll ask before anyone else does...

What's the first letter of your surname?

H :smile:
Also, is Track down for anyone else?
Reply 85
Oh lord, I'm getting too keen on track:

Account suspended: too many invalid login attempts.
My track isnt down but it says updated 8th March under the updated column for Barts but says nothing under the 'decision' column!! hmm...
Reply 87
Original post by marinacles

Account suspended: too many invalid login attempts.

Same here.
Hey guys, congratulations those of you with offers for Warwick! To those of you who are still waiting stay positive, i know that is alot easier to say than actaully do being in your position last year, but as you prob can tell offers do come out very slowly.

So you know im a current Warwick Medic and we have set up a facebook group so that people currently holding offers can meet each other before you all start and ask any burning question you might have to us current first years. Its found under Warwick GEP 2012. And again to those still waiting stay positive.

:smile:
Reply 89
Original post by Tripo
i was only joking mate!!!!!!!! Congrats on newcastle btw. Whats your first choice?

I apologise to all those that took offence.

Lol, I know you were!

Cheers re. Newcastle! Warwick and Newcastle are both neck and neck, really - each one has it pros and cons for me. Trying not to make a decision before I know what (if any!) choice I have...
Reply 90
Original post by dizzy_blonde
Hey guys, congratulations those of you with offers for Warwick! To those of you who are still waiting stay positive, i know that is alot easier to say than actaully do being in your position last year, but as you prob can tell offers do come out very slowly.

So you know im a current Warwick Medic and we have set up a facebook group so that people currently holding offers can meet each other before you all start and ask any burning question you might have to us current first years. Its found under Warwick GEP 2012. And again to those still waiting stay positive.

:smile:

Hi!

Out of interest - is there an official offer holder day run by the uni?
Reply 91
Original post by MediterraneanX
Hi all - congrats on your offers so far! Is anybody able to point me to a clear and concise portal of information regarding the GEP fees and NHS bursaries etc - I keep hearing such different things!

Yeah nottinghams pages is really clear. I used it to get my parents to understand after 18months of trying to explain it to them.
Then you can follow links if things like low income or dependents applies to you.
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/studentservices/documents/gemfundingfactsheetfor2012.pdf

Obviously ignore the extra help from nottingham bit!
Original post by lilo891
Yeah nottinghams pages is really clear. I used it to get my parents to understand after 18months of trying to explain it to them.
Then you can follow links if things like low income or dependents applies to you.
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/studentservices/documents/gemfundingfactsheetfor2012.pdf

Obviously ignore the extra help from nottingham bit!

GEM students are eligible for the core bursary from Nottingham, you just have to be a home student, it says nothing about being a first degree student. I got it in my first year, came in really handy. :smile:
Reply 93
Still no news from Warwick. :frown:
Reply 94
Original post by Annora
Still no news from Warwick. :frown:

Still with you on that one!
Reply 95
Original post by dances_with_lamposts
GEM students are eligible for the core bursary from Nottingham, you just have to be a home student, it says nothing about being a first degree student. I got it in my first year, came in really handy. :smile:

I think it's good when uni's don't discriminate between people with a degree or without. Sorry, I meant ignore it if you're just using it for general info.... obviously don't ignore it if you'll be heading to nottingham!
Reply 96
Original post by adsyrah
Hi!

Out of interest - is there an official offer holder day run by the uni?

Yup, there is another open day for offer holders. Last year, it was in July so I imagine it will be the same/very similar this year.
Reply 97
what is the fees/loans situation for graduates? I've looked around but different sources say different things. i.e Whats the situation for graduates on the 4 year course? and whats the situation for graduates on the 5 year course?

thanks
Reply 98
I'm out for this years cycle! Good luck to all you other grads!
Reply 99
Original post by sp19
what is the fees/loans situation for graduates? I've looked around but different sources say different things. i.e Whats the situation for graduates on the 4 year course? and whats the situation for graduates on the 5 year course?

thanks

Look about 7 posts up for a good link...

Quick Reply