The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alex27
Was rejected from Bournemouth today. I rang and asked for a reason and apparently I 'lacked excitement for the course' and I made a comment that I don't get stressed very easily, which apparently shows I lack self-awareness so the interviewers feel I would benefit for some more life experience. WTF?!

I don't care, didn't want to go there anyway!! :frown:

dont worry, when Plymouth rejected me & I rang for feedback they also said I lacked passion and wasn't confident enough. Think they're just excuses
Original post by Ruth01
Congrats on getting an offer there :smile:

Am I strange for actually quite enjoying georges interview? I think it's the best kind I've had!

was quite different- wasn't as nerve racking as the panel ones, that and the time limits for each question stopped me waffling too much.

Original post by bluelightz
I quite enjoyed it too! Kept you on the ball. Just been on the phone to them and one person told me if youve been invited to the applicant day its an offer...I rang again to check and someone else said its not an offer! Up then back down lol.

thats the problem- not everyone you speak too knows everything- what were you told about the applicant day? (time, location, structure etc?) as im trying to twist works arm to getting off but wanted to see if i could manage getting over and back in a day (they definately wont let me have two off- had to fight with them to get one off soon for my hep b)
Reply 2262
dont worry, when Plymouth rejected me & I rang for feedback they also said I lacked passion and wasn't confident enough. Think they're just excuses

I guess they have so many applicants and a lot are probably pretty equal in terms of experiences/qualifications so they need to find a way of getting rid of some. Bournemouth was my 5th choice, I definitely knew I wanted to apply to my other 4 so it was a case of choosing somewhere which appealed to me, so I'm not really too gutted about being rejected, just gutted that it's such trivial and silly reasons!

Fingers crossed I get an offer from Northampton, I really liked it there!
Reply 2263
I quite enjoyed it too! Kept you on the ball. Just been on the phone to them and one person told me if youve been invited to the applicant day its an offer...I rang again to check and someone else said its not an offer! Up then back down lol.

Yeah, it was just fast paced and felt more practical with the tasks and stuff, practical is what I like!

I'm really confused as to what this day is and why we're going if we don't have offers but other people...
Original post by mattmullan
was quite different- wasn't as nerve racking as the panel ones, that and the time limits for each question stopped me waffling too much.

thats the problem- not everyone you speak too knows everything- what were you told about the applicant day? (time, location, structure etc?) as im trying to twist works arm to getting off but wanted to see if i could manage getting over and back in a day (they definately wont let me have two off- had to fight with them to get one off soon for my hep b)

I wasn't told anything about the day, the person I spoke to said a formal invitation would be sent out soon with info on it etc.
Very confusing
Original post by Ruth01
Yeah, it was just fast paced and felt more practical with the tasks and stuff, practical is what I like!

I'm really confused as to what this day is and why we're going if we don't have offers but other people...

Me too! I think its to check that its where we want to study and to meet the lecturers and things.
Reply 2266
SHU have only the rest of today and tomorrow to fulfil their promise of having the offers out this week..... just wish I knew!
Reply 2267
Ok, so an offer would go down nicely right now.
Original post by Ruth01

I wasn't told anything about the day, the person I spoke to said a formal invitation would be sent out soon with info on it etc.
Very confusing

well if i don't make it to the applicant day i hope to see you all in halls in september.
Applicant day might just be for you to determine whether you want to attend and they might determine who is suitable for the course from how you interact on the day as they told us their would be team activities etc,
Yeh it sounds like it will be a day to keep your wits about you!

It can't be a definite place because 1 - they sent the email to 22 people (including myself) and there are 21 places...2 - also, they've offered some places already...

Hmm, I would say it looks promising to most but who will get a place, I don't know...Georges is my first choice so I am hoping I get in (as well as you lovely people too ofc!)...I imagine the rest of the people will be placed on the waiting list...

Essentially, I'm guessing, if you have been invited to the applicant day it is LIKELY but NOT DEFINITE that you either have a place or will be on the waiting list...!
And yes, I did enjoy the interview at Georges too! Lol, and I thought I was weird!
Original post by ShockableVF

It can't be a definite place because 1 - they sent the email to 22 people (including myself) and there are 21 places...2 - also, they've offered some places already...

Hmm, I would say it looks promising to most but who will get a place, I don't know...Georges is my first choice so I am hoping I get in (as well as you lovely people too ofc!)...I imagine the rest of the people will be placed on the waiting list...

Essentially, I'm guessing, if you have been invited to the applicant day it is LIKELY but NOT DEFINITE that you either have a place or will be on the waiting list...!

well its a positive sign that you have all made it to this stage- shows you have what it takes, just this final hurdle.
did they till you 21 places at your interview??
Unconditional from Plymouth :smile: :smile: Happy happy days :smile:
well its a positive sign that you have all made it to this stage- shows you have what it takes, just this final hurdle.

I believe so! I'm trying to remember where I learnt 21 places...but I'm sure there are!
Reply 2274
Original post by ShockableVF

Oh well, it can only be a good sign :smile:

It says in the email they sent us that they have 500 people applying for 21 places
Absolutely over the moon, just received an offer from Coventry, whoop, whoop, soooo happy!!! :biggrin:

Good luck to those waiting x
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2276
Original post by Anyastasia
Absolutely over the moon, just received an offer from from Coventry, whoop, whoop, soooo happy!!! :biggrin:

Good luck to those waiting x

Congratulations! :smile:
Reply 2277
Original post by Pequeno Toro
Unconditional from Plymouth :smile: :smile: Happy happy days :smile:

congratulations :smile:...I'm still waiting to hear from Plymouth
Original post by Oddhands
congratulations :smile:...I'm still waiting to hear from Plymouth

Thank you! Mad excited! Fingers crossed for you :smile:
Original post by Ruth01
Congratulations! :smile:

Thank you, so happy right now. Good luck to you :smile: