The Student Room Group

GCSE Results day March 8TH - What did you get.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
AQA Physics - A
AQA English Literature - A*
AQA English Language - B
AQA Business Studies - A*
All OCR 21st Century:
Biology (B1,B2,B3) -A*-98/100 UMS
Chemistry (C1,C2,C3) -A*-96/100 UMS
Physics (P1,P2,P3) -A*-94/100 UMS
:biggrin:
Reply 22
OCR English Language A* 100% :biggrin:
Reply 23
English Language (AQA) - 117/120 A*
Biology (OCR) - 43/50 A
Chemistry (OCR) - 44/50 A
Physics (OCR) - 38/50 B
Reply 24
Original post by R4INBOW
:spank: DONT SAY U FAIL!! I WILL SPANK U! lol :biggrin:

Cheekayyyy! :wink:
Reply 25
Original post by YoshBanosh
Cheekayyyy! :wink:

U know! that was such a crude emotive :smug:
AQA Biology 78 B
AQA Chemistry 81 A
AQA Physics 76 B
AQA English language 105 (over the moon I'm terrible at English!)
Just wanted to post my targets too as it's easy to feel like a failure next to all those A*s but I am ecstatic for the most part!

English Language - Target: B Result: A* (115/120 UMS)

History - Target: B Result: A* (100%)

Core Science - Target: C Results: A* (Chem 97%) A (Phy 84%) B (74%)

Additional Science: Target: C Results: Physics and Chemistry: B (both 74%)

Seeing as I winged Additional almost completely, I am so chuffed. Just gotta retake one or 2 and get 2 A's in Science when my likely is a C :smile:
OCR Religious Studies: Applied Ethics (medical, relationships)
1 mark off a B :frown:
Reply 29
all aqa ---

biology b2 - A* (90 ums)

chemistry c2 - A* (100 ums)

physics p2 - A (80 ums)
Reply 30
Original post by LucyO_103
Don't blame the teacher! Work hard and you'll get there, just do extra work outside of class, it's worth it!

Thanks for the advice =D but Seriously, My teacher is whack! like she is so retarded, she can't teach for shiz! I do so much work for english but with her we dont learn anything, no exam technique, just nothing..

Btw, i'm in the top set in my english class, and nobody got an A* for the exam (In the whole of year 11) Only 2 guys at my school just scraped an A. My school's English department is a fail!
Reply 31
AQA Biology unit 2 100/100 :eek:
Chemistry 100/100 :biggrin:
Physics 100/100 :rolleyes:
EPQ Level 2 A* (I'd be mad if I hadn't, spent surely 100s of hours on my project!)
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
(unfortunately wasn't a clean sweep of 100s as I messed up one of my A level maths papers lol)
OCR Biology: A* thank God!!!
Original post by Claree
AQA Biology unit 2 100/100 :eek:
Chemistry 100/100 :biggrin:
Physics 100/100 :rolleyes:
EPQ Level 2 A* (I'd be mad if I hadn't, spent surely 100s of hours on my project!)
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
(unfortunately wasn't a clean sweep of 100s as I messed up one of my A level maths papers lol)

Impressive indeed. How did achieve perfect scores across all 3 papers?
Reply 34
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
Impressive indeed. How did achieve perfect scores across all 3 papers?

I probably didn't actually get full marks because it's ums. And I'm utterly baffled as to how I didn't get miles lower in biology because the paper was horrid, I made up a whole question which was on protein synthesis which we hadn't done - I could do the first bit which was like where does it take place and after that I was making up how protein synthesis happens as I had no clue!

The answer as to how I did it was probably that I didn't have a life all Christmas holidays and started revising months before the exams and revised lots and did lots of past papers and went to lunchtime sessions for stuff I was stuck on. lol :smile:
It's unreal how much easier it is to get As/A*s at GCSE compared to at AS or A level.
Reply 36
aqa bio 2- 100/100 (A*)
aqa chem 2 -100/100 (A*)
aqa physics 2 -100/100 (A*)
aqa english language 2 - 56/60 (A*)
aqa english lit 3 - 50/50 (A*)
ocr latin language 1 (resit) - 99/100 (A*)
Reply 37
AQA English Lit - A* (UMS: 108/120)
Forgot the exam board Maths Module 1 - B (UMS: 92/120) So ****ing pissed with myself, for this
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Claree
I probably didn't actually get full marks because it's ums. And I'm utterly baffled as to how I didn't get miles lower in biology because the paper was horrid, I made up a whole question which was on protein synthesis which we hadn't done - I could do the first bit which was like where does it take place and after that I was making up how protein synthesis happens as I had no clue!

The answer as to how I did it was probably that I didn't have a life all Christmas holidays and started revising months before the exams and revised lots and did lots of past papers and went to lunchtime sessions for stuff I was stuck on. lol :smile:

Well it may involve sacrifice but obviously it seems to have paid off and work quite well for you so I wouldn't change your method. :wink: I'm sitting my Unit 2 and Unit 3 exams in May for all three Sciences.

I haven't heard of these UMS marks before. For GCSE's isn't it simpler to take the mark achieved/total marks to get a percentage? I'm a bit confused about the UMS. I just used the grade boundaries January 2012 document from the AQA website.
Reply 39
Really pleased with mine!
OCR Maths: 100 A* :biggrin:
AQA Chemistry: 95 A* :smile:
AQA Physics: 76 B :s-smilie:
Kinda gutted about the B in physics because it means I can't get an A overall without doing another ISA or module in the summer :/

Quick Reply

Latest