The Student Room Group

Anthropology Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by Annipie
Unconditional from Queen's Belfast (:

But I'm really just waiting for Edinburgh and the others scot unis...sometime next week hopefully! :s-smilie:

did/are you going to the open day?
Reply 541
Original post by wm7
did/are you going to the open day?

Where, Belfast? I haven't but I'd like to -- when is it? Website doesn't say. Also, my problem is that I live in Switzerland. Difficult for me to attend the Open Days...I'm going to be traveling around Ireland and Scotland and will probably have to do 'private tours' of the Unis. :smile:
Reply 542
OFFER FROM UCL!! So so happy :biggrin:
Reply 543
Original post by Sabz.94
Aw thanks :smile: Yeah I'm glad I know now rather than waiting and finding out at the last minute... I've also applied UCL, SOAS, Goldmith's and Brunel. I have offers from the last three but waiting on UCL now.. What about you?

SOAS is fantastic! My sister does IR there and absolutely loves it. I've also applied to LSE, SOAS, and UCL along with Manchester and Kent.

I have offers from Kent and Manchester and I recieved one from UCL this week.... I couldn't believe it...My academic history is mediocre to say the least. I didn't think I had the slightest chance of getting an offer! So don't lose faith in yourself, LSE is stupidly hard to get into...I'm waiting for my impending rejection :smile:

I think UCL are finally replying to everyone this week, so good luck!
Reply 544
Original post by G.E
SOAS is fantastic! My sister does IR there and absolutely loves it. I've also applied to LSE, SOAS, and UCL along with Manchester and Kent.

I have offers from Kent and Manchester and I recieved one from UCL this week.... I couldn't believe it...My academic history is mediocre to say the least. I didn't think I had the slightest chance of getting an offer! So don't lose faith in yourself, LSE is stupidly hard to get into...I'm waiting for my impending rejection :smile:

I think UCL are finally replying to everyone this week, so good luck!

Oh my God!!!!! I JUST received an offer from UCL today! It was such a brilliant relief after the stress of getting my January exams results! :biggrin: I's smiling like a cheshire cat haha
Thank you so much I'm so glad we've both gotten places :biggrin:
Reply 545
Original post by flume
OFFER FROM UCL!! So so happy :biggrin:

Me too! :bhangra:
Reply 546
Original post by Sabz.94
Oh my God!!!!! I JUST received an offer from UCL today! It was such a brilliant relief after the stress of getting my January exams results! :biggrin: I's smiling like a cheshire cat haha
Thank you so much I'm so glad we've both gotten places :biggrin:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you in september :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 547
Original post by Sabz.94
Me too! :bhangra:

Well done!!! I'm so excited now :biggrin:
Reply 548
Offer from SOAS :biggrin:
Offer from LSE!!! :biggrin:

Now I just have to pick between there and Manc...
Reply 550
Original post by ShinyJaker
Offer from LSE!!! :biggrin:

Now I just have to pick between there and Manc...

I got an offer from LSE too :biggrin: I've no idea how, I even got a D in chemistry last year haha. I'm struggling between LSE and Durham, I'm actually torn...

P.S well done!!!
Original post by Madison.
I got an offer from LSE too :biggrin: I've no idea how, I even got a D in chemistry last year haha. I'm struggling between LSE and Durham, I'm actually torn...

P.S well done!!!

Haha similarly, I got a D in physics :L and I do Film Studies, but there ya go!
Reply 552
Original post by ShinyJaker
Haha similarly, I got a D in physics :L and I do Film Studies, but there ya go!

I love this, I do art! There's hope for everyone
Congrats on all the offers guys :smile: Hope all the schoolwork is going well and you all get where you wanna go. I'm gasping to get back into education in September!
Reply 554
Anyone else waiting on a response from Durham? I'm going to Mexico for a month next week and am getting pretty worried!
Reply 555
Original post by Dave11
Anyone else waiting on a response from Durham? I'm going to Mexico for a month next week and am getting pretty worried!

Yeah I am. Tbh though i'm preparing for a rejection, their offer holders open day is on 21st so there's not much time left for them to give us one! Good luck nevertheless :smile:
Original post by cocci
Yeah I am. Tbh though i'm preparing for a rejection, their offer holders open day is on 21st so there's not much time left for them to give us one! Good luck nevertheless :smile:

I got an offer from Durham last year and it was my last one that I got, can't remember exactly when but it was sometime in March, not long before the offer holders open day. So best of luck anyways, you never know :smile:
Reply 557
I've just spoken to a friend of mine at Durham who didn't get her offer until April, which was way after the offer holder open day last year. I think the delay might be because my personal statement was Medicine specific, did you apply for any other courses alongside Anth?
Offer for Arch & Anth at UCL today :smile:
Reply 559
Original post by cocci

I'd started to panic a few days before my offer came through that I wouldn't have time to arrange travel etc for the open days if they gave me an offer. So I rang and the (very nice) admissions lady said that they might not have given out all of the offers in time for the open days. In which case an additional open day of sorts would be offered :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending