Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mature student - Magee

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I've recieved an unconditional offer to read Law at Magee this incoming September ) Although i'm looking forward to it i'm dreading being too old to fit in. Anyone else opting for law? Any other "ancient" students out there?! lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I recieved an unconditional offer for Law also although not my 1st choice still waiting to hear back from other courses. I feel the same that it will be really young students and I wont fit in! Have you applied for any other courses at Magee?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I got an offer for law @ magee, and i was worrying about it also, so glad to see i won't be the only oldie
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I know this was posted a couple of months ago but thought I would stop by and reply. Don't worry about being a mature student you will fit in no problem. I do not study law but my class is made up with mature students and students straight from school and everyone gets on great and to be honest there is no real difference. I also know a few other mature students on different courses and they are all fine. I think most people going to university feel they will not fit in but once you get there it's a complete different story and you will fit in just fine. Good luck
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cathyd1 i applied for english in Coleraine for which i also got an offer. Law was my first choice though. Have you decided what route you're taking?

Hmmfd, have you accepted your offer?! September isn't far away

@turn_it_off, thanks for reassuring us oldies I guess it's fear of the unknown which applies for all new students regardless of age. I hope you're enjoying your school holidays!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 4, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.