The Student Room Group

OCR mistake

Hi do OCR usually make mistakes with marking? Like for bio and Chem ? If u want a remark ?
Reply 1
Sometimes, Yes? but to what extent, I am not sure. If you want a remark because you genuinely feel you have underachieved a grade after working very hard, Get your paper back to see where you went wrong.

For chemistry I can't really see how there would be a very big distribution of mistakes as the mark scheme is very procise.

Biology is is more of suggest type questions, so i would assume biology has more margin of examiner error or marking mistake.

But is it work a remark if you completely balls'd it up? The chances are you will only potentially go up a few UMS, maybe a grade(realisticly). Unless you absolutely feel you nailed the exam.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Tyles
Sometimes, Yes? but to what extent, I am not sure. If you want a remark because you generally feel you have underachieved a grade after working very hard, Get your paper back to see where you went wrong.

For chemistry I can't really see how there would be a very big distribution of mistakes as the mark scheme is very procise.

Biology is is more of suggest type questions, so i would assume biology has more margin of examiner error or marking mistake.

But is it work a remark if you completely balls'd it up? The chances are you will only potentially go up a few UMS, maybe a grade(realisticly). Unless you absolutely feel you nailed the exam.

Cause sometimes they can rush and not bother reading what you wrote? I think
Reply 3
Original post by Tyles
Sometimes, Yes? but to what extent, I am not sure. If you want a remark because you generally feel you have underachieved a grade after working very hard, Get your paper back to see where you went wrong.

Hmm yes, I completely agree. This is a very good point indeed.

Also "if you generally feel" should read "if you GENUINELY feel"

please amend.
Reply 4
Original post by Jakaroo94
Hmm yes, I completely agree. This is a very good point indeed.

Also "if you generally feel" should read "if you GENUINELY feel"

please amend.

why thank you kind sir
Reply 5
Original post by otrivine
Hi do OCR usually make mistakes with marking? Like for bio and Chem ? If u want a remark ?

Get your script back, they can be awkward though. One of my friends draw a diagram but cause he had a "wonky" line it didn't show 2 atoms bonded so he lost the mark.
Reply 6
I had my bio paper remarked in January and went from a C to a B. but then again I know one guy got his chemistry chains energy and resources remarked from January and it went down 7 ums, I guess it's a risk :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
yes, my friend (apprently.. :|) had a question the examiner simply did not mark. he's one of those people who would make that up to make it look like he didn't do that bad though
Reply 8
Original post by FuLLuPMepOrtION
yes, my friend (apprently.. :|) had a question the examiner simply did not mark. he's one of those people who would make that up to make it look like he didn't do that bad though

Lmao, well in my chemistry one when I got my paper back, they forgot to give me the qwc mark at the end. And I was one mark off a C, I'm not too fussed though because I would've retaken anyway. But it's just do these examiners not understand how important it is that they mark our papers properly, I mean someone could miss their uni place just because of some sloppy marking!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest