The Student Room Group

Anyone else feeling fed up sixth form now?

Hey.

I'm writing this because I want to know how many people feel the way I am feeling right now.

I'm currently in my last year of sixth form studying History, Business Studies, Law and Welsh Baccalaureate. At the start of the year, I kept on top of my work, got good grades, and had time on the side for my social life too.

Even with my January exam results, I'm pretty happy. However, lately everything just seems one MASSIVE drag. Getting up in the mornings kills me, I hate having teachers on my back, and I just can't motivate myself anymore.

All I want to do is to just go to university and have my own independence, rather than being treated like a child. I go to an all girls school, so you can see my frustration with the school too! It's just full of bitchy people, and I just want the experience of moving away to my firm choice and leaving all the horrible stuff behind.

I realise that I won't be able to do this unless I motivate myself to work hard to get into my firm choice.. But lately it's just lacking so, so, so much.

Sorry for this long message but I needed to get my feelings out there.

Anyone else just want to fast forward to the next few months? :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I guarantee you, the Easter holidays will kick you up the backside.
Lewis Girls?
Reply 3
Original post by Miracle Day
Lewis Girls?

Nope. Why?
Reply 4
Kind of feel the same, on the bright side you have 2 months and a half left till exams and then finito :smile: thats not even including half-terms and easter
Everyone I know is fed up now. We're bored of doing three subjects, bored of having 8:30AM starts...

I just can't wait for university. I think I feel the same as you: Pretty pleased with Jan exam results, and so feeling ready to go to uni right now!
Original post by Doofy
Nope. Why?

Jw.

Do you do WJEC History?
Reply 7
Meh, it's just that time of year.

You can't see this ending any time soon, so your sick and tired of it, and can't wait for it to be over, the weather is **** and you desperately want summer, and now all the teachers are trying that final push to get you through your June exams.

It's not great admittedly, but it's only going to get better. Doesn't your school have loads of chill time / games / genuinely fun stuff to be doing towards the end of the year?
Reply 8
Original post by Doofy

Feel exactly the same as you, I have lost all motivation for the subjects that I won't be carrying on at uni. Apparently I haven't done a physics homework since November and all my teachers are hating on me!
Reply 9
Original post by Miracle Day
Jw.

Do you do WJEC History?

Yes :smile: and plan to continue it in university!

I hope.. If I don't lose all motivation..
Reply 10
Original post by ameelia22
Meh, it's just that time of year.

You can't see this ending any time soon, so your sick and tired of it, and can't wait for it to be over, the weather is **** and you desperately want summer, and now all the teachers are trying that final push to get you through your June exams.

It's not great admittedly, but it's only going to get better. Doesn't your school have loads of chill time / games / genuinely fun stuff to be doing towards the end of the year?

Nope! We don't have anything fun really. I don't even know if we have study leave. Most of our classes are far behind, so I can see myself staying until the end, and won't get study leave :frown:
I really felt like that just after the January exams. I think it's because I was used to the feeling of freedom after having exams (having never sat january exams before). It took me until the end of February to get motivated again and start working properly : / It's a horrible feeling, it was as if my brain had just switched off becuse it thought it was time for the summer holidays! Now I feel like I've got loads to catch up on and it's really stressing me out.
I felt like this towards the end of A Levels as well. Although uni is a lot more work if you want to do well (past first year anyway) there's a lot more freedom to get the work done whenever you like.. and this means that the learning style suits me a lot more. You may be the same :-). Just remember that you're ALMOST there, and that you'll be at uni before you know it! Not long to go now.
Ahh i feel exactly the same, for the past few weeks i've been saying come results day, i will either be motivated to sort my life out, or be motivated to keep it up - i did pretty well, and no more motivation has come!

Take me to summer, so i can go on holiday, go to prom and hopefully get into liverpool!
Reply 14
Yep, i've lost all motivation too!! I'm planning on regaining this motivation this week lol :tongue:
I'm going to dissect the important parts.

Original post by Doofy

I'm currently in my last year of sixth form studying History, Business Studies, Law and Welsh Baccalaureate. At the start of the year, I kept on top of my work, got good grades, and had time on the side for my social life too.

Even with my January exam results, I'm pretty happy. However, lately everything just seems one MASSIVE drag. Getting up in the mornings kills me, I hate having teachers on my back, and I just can't motivate myself anymore.

All I want to do is to just go to university and have my own independence, rather than being treated like a child.

If you can't hack sixth form, you won't hack university. What makes you think you can handle 'independence' if you can't motivate yourself?

I go to an all girls school, so you can see my frustration with the school too! It's just full of bitchy people, and I just want the experience of moving away to my firm choice and leaving all the horrible stuff behind.

I'll try to make this simple. Every, and I mean every girl thinks every other girl is a bitch, and she's the magical exception. I'll tell you now, there's nothing separating you from the rest of your clique. You're simply frustrated because you haven't got guys around to distract you from you inability to stop judging the girls around you. It's how girls are I'm afraid.
Reply 16
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow

If you can't hack sixth form, you won't hack university. What makes you think you can handle 'independence' if you can't motivate yourself?

I'll try to make this simple. Every, and I mean every girl thinks every other girl is a bitch, and she's the magical exception. I'll tell you now, there's nothing separating you from the rest of your clique. You're simply frustrated because you haven't got guys around to distract you from you inability to stop judging the girls around you. It's how girls are I'm afraid.

I don't know how to seperate this.. but I'll do it this way.

I know I'll be able to cope in university because I won't have the constant stream of teachers nagging and getting on my back for every single tiny thing.

And I don't think it's fair to generalise (sp?) girls like that, because I know for a fact that I don't have a bad word to say about anyone. When I have girls making up rumours about me, which affects my confidence and my schoolwork, thats what de-motivates me. It's exactly the reason I want to leave, as I don't like dealing with girls who think it's okay to belittle people.

Sorry if this comes across argumentitive, I just don't like being generalised as a bitch.
I'm feeling the same.
I'm fed up of all the effing idiots (one person showed up to a biology ISA completely drunk) and I'm fed up of taking a subject I find completely boring (Biology).
To be fair, the teachers are pretty good at not treating you like a child; they'll sit and chat and most of them are of the opinion that 'it's your life; do the work if you want' with regards to classwork and homework, but I am sick of them not telling people off when we're taking notes. It's completely rife in my maths class - we'll be taking trig integration notes or something and doing examples and they're chatting away and then give a really bloody stupid answer to a relatively easy question.

But on the whole, it's okay. I get home early three times a week and I have so much more fun in this year's classes than any other year.
Original post by Doofy
Yes :smile: and plan to continue it in university!

I hope.. If I don't lose all motivation..

Did you do Nazi Germany and the UK in transition 1880 - 1980 for AS?

I wanna do History in Cardiff Uni
same, I'm well on target for my firm and I just want to leave and have exams over and done with! But a part of me is really sad to be leaving college, my sixth form, which I joined just two years ago, has turned me from a cross-board C grade, to pretty much A's. I feel I owe them something more, but I'm gonna be moving on.

Quick Reply

Latest