The Student Room Group

MUN Hypothetical 2012/1 - Taiwanese missile tests

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Argentina is deeply sympathetic to the Japanese government and media. The DPKR have manipulated you for their own means.

The DPKR can deny all they want, but i have publicly presented the evidence for all to see.
Original post by Rakas21
Argentina is deeply sympathetic to the Japanese government and media. The DPKR have manipulated you for their own means.

The DPKR can deny all they want, but i have publicly presented the evidence for all to see.

Taiwan agrees, and despite our disagreements, we are also sympathetic to Japan. This highlights why the DPRK must be stopped!
NEWSFLASH Japan formally declares war against DPRK due to the documents found showing a planned attack on Japan (as well as South Korea), which caused outrage in the Japanese Media and Public. Its position on Taiwan, however, remains unchanged but militarily inactive.
Nigeria will stay out of this war, but hopes that a solution can be found soon as innocent lives will be affected more than the rest
Reply 464
Argentina believes that Japan has made the correct decision. Kim-Jhon-Un is a heritic who must be stopped. If they would seek to invade a country as powerful as Japan then what next, China, Russia.
Reply 465
The US can confirm that we have stabilised the situation in the northern base at Taiwan. We have also reports of the sinking of two Saudi destroyers coming in and that the advance upon Pyongyang has gone as planned - we have also reports of the bombing of two Chinese cruisers which we can confirm.

The US will offer peace talks with China, North and South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Australia and the remainder of the security council soon.
Luxembourg is open to provide neutral ground for Japan and allies to discuss plans and is prepared to send a team of 10 military advisors to Japan.
Original post by Kiss
The US can confirm that we have stabilised the situation in the northern base at Taiwan. We have also reports of the sinking of two Saudi destroyers coming in and that the advance upon Pyongyang has gone as planned - we have also reports of the bombing of two Chinese cruisers which we can confirm.

The US will offer peace talks with China, North and South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Australia and the remainder of the security council soon.

Australia fully agrees with the efforts by the United States in creating a peaceful solution and we will fully support them on this matter. However, given the lack of international support that our own persistent efforts have achieved, we hope that this new round of dialogue will prove more successful.

We hope that other members of the Security Council, both Great Powers and others, will cooperate to ensure that this situation is brought to a peaceful resolution.

Original post by thunder_chunky
NEWSFLASH Japan formally declares war against DPRK due to the documents found showing a planned attack on Japan (as well as South Korea), which caused outrage in the Japanese Media and Public. Its position on Taiwan, however, remains unchanged but militarily inactive.

Australia hopes that no further lives will be lost in this conflict and that escalation will continue no further, but we fully respect that Japan has the right to take actions that it feels are necessary to protect itself from imminent attack.

We do wish to alert member states that should action be taken against any of our pacific allies - including New Zealand and Japan - we will support them in their defence but at the current time we do not seek to engage in military action other than in a logistical support role.
Reply 468
The Democratic People's Republic of Korea is disgusted by the Japanese betrayal, and immediately pulls all troops currently stationed in Taiwan and Japan back to mainland North Korea. The invasion is still going, as is the siege of Suiji and Seoul. The Democratic People's Republic of Korea promises that these documents are fake, as there is no other evidence to back up the claims that we created these plans. It was merely Argentina playing dirty tricks. We urge Japan to stop the war and become neutral, and Argentina to be more honest.

OOC: There might be a cheeky little newsflash coming up :wink: Oh, and you cheater Rakas, you had to just spoil everything and try to make a twist didn't you?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 469
Original post by Rakas21

OOC: What a dirty way to get what you want... This is so unfair - why does DPRK lose every conflict?
Reply 470
OOC I did not cheat, i exploited a lack of rules. When i play, i play to win. "Victory is life" - To quote the Jem'H'Dar from Startrek.
Reply 471
Original post by mevidek
OOC: What a dirty way to get what you want... This is so unfair - why does DPRK lose every conflict?

Because you have a closed off economy with minimal allies and an enemy beneath you.

Not having a conflict anywhere near Argentina or Tanzania, i have a significant advantage as does Japan in that you have to cross a sea to attack them.
Original post by mevidek

OOC: For my two Australian cents, I think Japan could have easily denounced the documents as fake if the rep wanted to. This isn't a first for the international community!

North Korea is a bit unloved in the international community so winning a war is unlikely.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 473
Original post by Rakas21
Because you have a closed off economy with minimal allies and an enemy beneath you.

Not having a conflict anywhere near Argentina or Tanzania, i have a significant advantage as does Japan in that you have to cross a sea to attack them.

Original post by Darren-M
OOC: For my two cents, I think Japan could have easily denounced the documents as fake if the rep wanted to. This isn't a first for the international community!

North Korea is a bit unloved in the international community so winning a war is unlikely.

OOC: I think it's quite pathetic that you have to just say "oh, I found these documents that proves that X wants to invade Y and then take over the world, so let's declare war on them!" to get the Hype to go in the way you want. Ridiculous actually. If you want other countries to join you, why not just try to lower the neutrality of the two countries? Ridiculous and unfair. Now we haven't got a chance at all. Thanks Rakas, you just ****ed this hype up, I hope you're happy. **** this, I'm out now. I would have made this more interesting by starting a North Korean civil war that then led to the collapse of communism in North Korea, but yeah, thanks a lot.

**** this hype.
Reply 474
OOC: I did not force Japan to take the stance it did and i largely think that you are overreacting. Hypes are about move and counter move creating a kind of story with twists and turns. Get the Chinese and Saudi Arabians involved or even another country.
Reply 475
Original post by Rakas21
OOC: I did not force Japan to take the stance it did and i largely think that you are overreacting. Hypes are about move and counter move creating a kind of story with twists and turns. Get the Chinese and Saudi Arabians involved or even another country.

OOC: I don't particularly care tbh. You've just made an interesting story go down the drain. **** this.
Original post by mevidek
OOC: I don't particularly care tbh. You've just made an interesting story go down the drain. **** this.

The Japanese public are still unlikely to want a full-scale war and considering that Japan was neutral previously anyway, I'm not sure what difference this makes to the forces in the region - especially when you already have such a huge American presence in the region, with British/Australian/New Zealander/Ukrainian/Danish ships in the area which are bound to be drawn into the conflict sooner or later.

I agree that it was perhaps a little bit of a godmod, but North Korea could successfully talk their way out of this by accusing Argentina of faking them, I think. Not sure it's something to go as berserk as you have over.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mevidek

OOC: I have to agree it was a bit unfair. I didn't know if it was allowed, tbh, and as I was new went with the flow. We could get a mutual deleting of comments, and pretnend it never happened?
Reply 478
The Japanese public are still unlikely to want a full-scale war and considering that Japan was neutral previously anyway, I'm not sure what difference this makes to the forces in the region - especially when you already have such a huge American presence in the region, with British/Australian/New Zealander/Ukrainian/Danish ships in the area which are bound to be drawn into the conflict sooner or later.

I agree that it was perhaps a little bit of a godmod, but North Korea could successfully talk their way out of this by accusing Argentina of faking them, I think. Not sure it's something to go as berserk as you have over.

Original post by DebatingGreg
OOC: I have to agree it was a bit unfair. I didn't know if it was allowed, tbh, and as I was new went with the flow. We could get a mutual deleting of comments, and pretnend it never happened?

I don't care, really.
Original post by MacCuishy
Luxembourg is open to provide neutral ground for Japan and allies to discuss plans and is prepared to send a team of 10 military advisors to Japan.

Japan thanks Luxembourg for its support.

Original post by Rakas21
Argentina believes that Japan has made the correct decision. Kim-Jhon-Un is a heritic who must be stopped. If they would seek to invade a country as powerful as Japan then what next, China, Russia.

Japan thanks Argentina for its support.

Original post by Kiss

Japan is more than willing to attend peacetalks, and shall delay any conflict if the rest (particularly North Korea) shall also discuss, and perhaps clear up a few matters.

Australia hopes that no further lives will be lost in this conflict and that escalation will continue no further, but we fully respect that Japan has the right to take actions that it feels are necessary to protect itself from imminent attack.

We do wish to alert member states that should action be taken against any of our pacific allies - including New Zealand and Japan - we will support them in their defence but at the current time we do not seek to engage in military action other than in a logistical support role.

Japan thanks Australia's support for the legitamcy of its actions, and acknowledges its current position.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending