Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Taly or Senghennydd?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I'm really in two minds between the two halls. I will be studying Computer Science in the Engineering campus which is right next to Senghennydd but so many people have said to choose Taly over it. I'm very social so do like going out, which attracts me to Taly.

I'm most interested in people's opinions who attend the Engineering campus. Is Taly worth the walk?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I graduated from the Engineering school last year (July 2011) and I lived in Taly South during my first year(09/2008-07/2009). The social scene in South was great but the 8 am walk in the freezing cold every morning can be a real bitch(it takes about 35 minutes to walk from Taly South to Trevithick) and during the winter. Is it worth the walk? Hell yes.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    my housemate did engeneering I lived in taly south and he used to cycle so its not quite as long but taly is very social and a great place to be ( especally if you get a house backing on to the taff trail instead of the railway
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I live in the crappy end of Talybont (That'd be North) and having seen the crappy end of Senghennydd, I would definitely recommend Taly over it. Not only is it a lot more social, the accommodation is generally far nicer.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    Seghennydd is a **** hole full of chavs. I know because my Orthadontists is near there Coming from Llanbradach which isn't that far away I can't really say much though..
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Living in Taly North. Bit of a dive but Senghennydd is worse. The en-suite comes in handy but the walk is irritating. Talybont is more social but the negative of that is it gets so noisy around 3AM, quite annoying if you're not a heavy sleeper.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've said before but TALY !! If you get a bike you can cut that 30 minute walk down to about 10 minutes. I never found winter to be a problem to be honest, and rain...I've got a golf umbrella for that. Also Computer Science!! Good choice! :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burgergetsbored)
    I've said before but TALY !! If you get a bike you can cut that 30 minute walk down to about 10 minutes. I never found winter to be a problem to be honest, and rain...I've got a golf umbrella for that. Also Computer Science!! Good choice! :P
    I've just firmed Cardiff and will be putting Taly South down as my first choice! This walk better be worth it! Haha. Thanks for your help.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karm)
    I've just firmed Cardiff and will be putting Taly South down as my first choice! This walk better be worth it! Haha. Thanks for your help.
    You'll thank me when you're partying it up, then walking past synghetto in the morning and thinking "what a s**t hole" :P

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 12, 2012
Article updates
Cardiff University resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.