The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria University; Fashion Communications Feedback

Hi everyone. I had my interview for Fashion Communications at Northumbria last month and was just wondering if anyone has heard back yet?
Reply 1
hiya, I had mine last month aswell and I still haven't heard back yet, I'm hoping maybe the end of this week or possibly the start of next week. :smile:
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Original post by Rach899
hiya, I had mine last month aswell and I still haven't heard back yet, I'm hoping maybe the end of this week or possibly the start of next week. :smile:

Ohhh! Ok :smile: Yeah, me too. It's so bloody nerve-wracking haha.
How do you think you did?
Reply 3
Original post by marialitizia
Ohhh! Ok :smile: Yeah, me too. It's so bloody nerve-wracking haha.
How do you think you did?

I know its so bad waiting, I'm just worried all the good accommodation will be gone because I live in Northern Ireland so I would definitely need to move lol! I think I did ok, I think I remembered everything to say but I kind of rushed through my portfolio, how about you? What date was your interview on?
Reply 4
Ah yeah I know what you mean - I'm in Scotland, so I would be moving too!
Did they ask you any questions in your interview?
I'm not really sure. I was in a group with 4 other girls who all mentioned these media related projects they've been involved in. Whereas I've done textile design for the past 3 years, so all of my portfolio was about my design background.
I really don't know how it went if I'm honest!
Reply 5
ps. my interview was on Friday the 17th at 1pm!
Reply 6
ps. my interview was on Friday the 17th at 1pm!

ahh very good, yea I just hope I get in, would really love to go to Northumbria. No I didn't get asked any questions at all, we just presented our portfolios and then went on a very quick tour. Yea I was in a group with 5 other girls, my portfolio was more media based aswell as I'm interested in PR and not so much the textile or design area, plus I cant draw lol! I'm not sure either, I just hope I did enough! oh mine was on the 16th at 1 :smile:
Reply 7
I didn't get asked any questions either; even though the email/website said to prepare to be asked some :s-smilie:?
Yeah I used to be interested in the design part, now I want to be a magazine editor, so that's why I applied to this course.
Where else have you applied for?
Reply 8
I didn't get asked any questions either; even though the email/website said to prepare to be asked some :s-smilie:?
Yeah I used to be interested in the design part, now I want to be a magazine editor, so that's why I applied to this course.
Where else have you applied for?

Yea, I was all prepared for questions because it did say on the website that our course didnt require our portfolios to be presented, luckily I was prepared in the end! I applied for huddersfield fashion communication and promotion and got an offer and I've applied for courses in Northern Ireland aswell, you?
Reply 9
has anyone heard from fashion communication yet?
Reply 10
Hey, I had an interview on Valentines day and I got a conditional offer last week :smile: has anybody else heard back?
Reply 11
I had my interview on the 17th Feb, and still not heard back yet :frown: it's the only one I'm waiting on now so it's really annoying that they seem to be taking so long!
Especially when they told us we'd hear within a week, and according to somebody who already does the course, who asked them, they made there mind up about everyone 3 weeks ago, don't think it really looks good on the uni that they're being so un-organised
Reply 12
Original post by gracej27
I had my interview on the 17th Feb, and still not heard back yet :frown: it's the only one I'm waiting on now so it's really annoying that they seem to be taking so long!
Especially when they told us we'd hear within a week, and according to somebody who already does the course, who asked them, they made there mind up about everyone 3 weeks ago, don't think it really looks good on the uni that they're being so un-organised

I had my interview on the 16th and I havent heard back either- I really want to know even if its a rejection then I can plan what im going to do next, wish they would hurry up :frown:
Reply 13
I just heard back, got a rejection! hope everyone else gets in :smile:
Reply 14
I got a rejection too! not fussed really because i've already got my heart set on Nottingham Trent for my firm, and then UCLAN as my insurance! Just confirmed my choices through ucas now (: yayyy
Good Luck
Reply 15
I meant to say a week ago, I got in!
That's really gutting that you guys didn't :/ What's for you, won't go by you though! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending