The Student Room Group

***Official 2012 Neuroscience Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Still haven't heard from Cardiff...
I don't have high hopes with them though
Original post by NeuralGroove
Oh, I remeber :smile:

I was (and still am) the guy from Oxford with the blond/brown hair?

Nice to meet you again :smile: have you done the accommodation preferences thing? I've been procrastinating a bit instead of doing that...
Reply 742
I firmed UCL and put St. Andrews as my insurance, how about you?

Hey, when did you receive St. Andrews offer?
Aaaaah Results 2morooo!
If I fumbled these January exams badly can universities retract their offers?

oh and good luck everyone :smile:
Original post by Minotauro
Aaaaah Results 2morooo!
If I fumbled these January exams badly can universities retract their offers?

No
Hi can I ask, what made you all decide to pick Neuroscience?

Im still stuck for choice as to what I want to study and would love the insight? :smile:
Original post by corpuscallosum
Nice to meet you again :smile: have you done the accommodation preferences thing? I've been procrastinating a bit instead of doing that...

Yeah, I have done, I just really wanted Ramsay.

To be honest, it's a bit of a nightmare to fill out, I found it best to just half-fill it and call up the accomodation office to fix it...

Will you go for halls?
Original post by dovilem
Hey, when did you receive St. Andrews offer?

Um, the first week of February, I think?
Reply 748
How were everyone's exam results? :s-smilie:
Reply 749
can anyone find a neuroscience league table?

how good is kings for neuroscience? :smile:
Reply 750
Argh just can't choose my firm and insurance!

How much importance are people putting on the bursaries available from the uni? My two top choices have a difference of £3000 (£4000 in cash because one of them gives a £1000 tuiton fee discount) available if I were getting AAB...

Original post by jamieas

Chem surprisingly better than I'd expected or even hoped for :biggrin:
Maths surprisingly lower but so pleased about chem that I don't care :tongue:

How were yours?
Yeah, I have done, I just really wanted Ramsay.

To be honest, it's a bit of a nightmare to fill out, I found it best to just half-fill it and call up the accomodation office to fix it...

Will you go for halls?

I think I'm going to go for a self-catered student house...and hopefully they'll allocate me to a decent one. Still have to finish the silly form and find a photo etc, I should really do that :s-smilie:

On a side note, got my C4 retake back and now I have my A* Maths A-Level :smile:
I think I'm going to go for a self-catered student house...and hopefully they'll allocate me to a decent one. Still have to finish the silly form and find a photo etc, I should really do that :s-smilie:

On a side note, got my C4 retake back and now I have my A* Maths A-Level :smile:

Congratulations!

Yeah, the form is a complete nightmare. I didn't even apply to share anything and I had to upload a photo and answer all the room-sharing questions.

So you're set on UCL then? Whereabouts are you from?
Original post by jamieas

Completely dismal! My entire biology class bombed it. Our teacher downloaded the enhanced results tables and we all scored way above average on the photosynthesis and respiration questions... then lost them all on that first 6 marker (OCR).
Ah well, I've already started revision for retakes so hopefully I can climb that extra grade and grab an A this time.

For people attending the Thursday 22nd March Bristol invite day, how are you getting there? I know on the open days that the uni had the Park & ride operating at The Mall. I plan on going that way (doubt it will be free this time though) but was just wondering how everyone else is going :smile:

Once I get the official UCAS notification through I'll be firming Bristol and putting Sussex as my insurance!
Congratulations!

Yeah, the form is a complete nightmare. I didn't even apply to share anything and I had to upload a photo and answer all the room-sharing questions.

So you're set on UCL then? Whereabouts are you from?

I'm from London, and yeah if I mess up my A-Levels I'm pretty much screwed...
Do you think they use the photo for a student card or something?
I'm from London, and yeah if I mess up my A-Levels I'm pretty much screwed...
Do you think they use the photo for a student card or something?

I hope not, I look like a heroin addict in mine!
I'd heard that ID card photos were done in the first week of term, I thought they were just for matching up potential roomates. What they can tell from a photo I'm not sure.

Yeah, it's the same with me really. Where was your insurance?
Reply 756
Still not heard from St Andrews. Starting to annoy me now :frown:
Reply 757
Is St Andrews actually any good for neuroscience? I'm really hoping for Edinburgh but starting to worry now. :frown:
Original post by finality
Is St Andrews actually any good for neuroscience? I'm really hoping for Edinburgh but starting to worry now. :frown:

This year's Guardian University league table puts Edinburgh at no. 16 and St. Andrews at no. 3. In the Biosciences league table, the gap widens even further.

Either way, St. Andrews is one of the country's most prestigious and best respected universities. The quality of education is, from what I can tell, great and the employability conferred, especially in research fields is pretty amazing.

I declined an Edinburgh offer for a St. Andrews one.
Reply 759
This year's Guardian University league table puts Edinburgh at no. 16 and St. Andrews at no. 3. In the Biosciences league table, the gap widens even further.

Either way, St. Andrews is one of the country's most prestigious and best respected universities. The quality of education is, from what I can tell, great and the employability conferred, especially in research fields is pretty amazing.

I declined an Edinburgh offer for a St. Andrews one.

can you post a link for the league table please? :smile:

edit: why the neg?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest