Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student Nursing Accomodation

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to do nursing for sep '10, and was reading about what the uni have suggested as accomodation for those doing nursing. However i'm not to keen on them (Abbotsbury House and Corfe House).
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they are just a recommendation as they are close to hospitals, or would i HAVE to stay in them???
    I would much prefer Cranbourne or Purbeck... would it be possible for me to stay in these?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You get what your given at BU im afraid...if you apply for accomadation like all other students just put purbeck or w/e and hope..

Just a tip dont spend 2 much time thinking about it.. cause the chances are you will be put into somewhere you didnt expect. (nursing may be diffrent)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi Gerry, I've applied for Nursing starting in Sept too
    I had my interview today, and I basically asked them to clear up the situation with accommodation..
    The guy that interviewed me said it is entirely up to us, but that he recommends hospital/abbotsbury house simply because it' predominantly nurses and they will be more thoguhtful about noise during the night and early shifts etc. But he did say we could apply for anywhere and liase with them over contracts? I have heard in lots of places though that accommodation is hard to get at BU, and lots of people don't get their choice anyway.
    Hope this helps! x x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Ive been offered a place for Adult Nursing at Bournemouth this year!
    So is it true we don't HAVE to live in Abbotsbury House!?

I know its an old thread, sorry!

Poppy xx
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey poppy I've been offered a place also but for child's nursing! I think we do have to live there because our course is longer and it's the only place that is open for all the weeks we are at uni. Have you got your placement locality yet??? Evie x

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 12, 2012
New on TSR

Join the Welcome Squad

Become a part of the TSR team!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.