The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by what's up doc?
well done!! i got an offer today as well!! :biggrin: so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i had my interview 9th february

I had mine on the same day! :biggrin:
got an offer too btw!
and also.. i created a fb group for nottingham medicine offer-holders (mancs had one and we didnt).. so feel free to join ^_^
Original post by abhatti1994
got an offer too btw!
and also.. i created a fb group for nottingham medicine offer-holders (mancs had one and we didnt).. so feel free to join ^_^

are you gonna firm nottingham? i think i am :smile: can you put the fb group link up, i can't seem to find it :/ hopefully i recognise you in the fb group :biggrin:
i'm not allowed to. tried but got an alert off the tsr people :\
just search nottingham medicine offer-holders...

and yes i am definitely gunna firm it. its my first choice :biggrin:
Reply 984
yeah i can't seem to find it either :tongue: i've searched nottingham medicine offer-holders and it's not working. could you send me a message with the link on please.
yeahhh i will! dont know why you cant find it... maybe cuz its only got 2 members atm X(
This is probably unlikely, but does anyone know if a precedence has been set for being accepted even if you miss your grades on August results day? (eg. If you have an AAA offer but get A*AB or A*A*B on results day?)
Original post by giraffegiraffe
This is probably unlikely, but does anyone know if a precedence has been set for being accepted even if you miss your grades on August results day? (eg. If you have an AAA offer but get A*AB or A*A*B on results day?)

i havent heard of anything like that set in advance.. but i know that some medical schools will accept individuals if they're just off their offer grades.. but it really depends on the particular person. oh, and if the B is in chemistry.. they're likely to say no (this has happened to a few people i know). but lets just hope you do awesome and this doesnt even come up :biggrin:
Reply 988
Guys, the fb group name is Nottingham Medics Offer-Holders, if that doesn't work i'll email you the link :tongue: x
Reply 989
Ahhhhh I'm freaking out... I'm always opening my email to see any news... but nothing. When I see "UCAS track" or "Nottingham" I'm going to hide in a corner and decide whether I want to open it or not LOL
Anyone feeling the same? :rolleyes:

I had my interview March 1st btw, anyone from that day??
Original post by abhatti1994
i havent heard of anything like that set in advance.. but i know that some medical schools will accept individuals if they're just off their offer grades.. but it really depends on the particular person. oh, and if the B is in chemistry.. they're likely to say no (this has happened to a few people i know). but lets just hope you do awesome and this doesnt even come up :biggrin:

hey thanks for your help, that makes sense :biggrin: and congrats on your offer! haha aww thanks fingers crossed for all of us :smile::smile:

Yeah, if you phone them up and beg then you still can get in :smile: I know a friend who got AAB (B in chemistry!) and still got in med school :biggrin:
[INDENT]
Original post by zhang599
Yeah, if you phone them up and beg then you still can get in :smile: I know a friend who got AAB (B in chemistry!) and still got in med school :biggrin:

:eek::eek::eek:
well that means i may still have a chance! after results just gone.. i think i'd be lucky to get a B in chem! :\
hey thanks for your help, that makes sense :biggrin: and congrats on your offer! haha aww thanks fingers crossed for all of us :smile::smile:

no problem :smile:
and thanks :tongue:

*crosses fingers*
Original post by zhang599

Hey, thanks! :smile: even though its probably not often that it happens this has given me a little hope just incase it doesn't go well on results day!!
Was this a few years ago or quite recently, and was it for Nottingham? Thanks again :biggrin:
Hey, thanks! :smile: even though its probably not often that it happens this has given me a little hope just incase it doesn't go well on results day!!
Was this a few years ago or quite recently, and was it for Nottingham? Thanks again :biggrin:

Haha yeah it probably doesn't happen too often. It was 2 years ago and it was for UCL :smile:
Does anyone know if Nottingham medical school has a post-offer open day / visit day? Thanks :smile:
Rejection yesterday-post interview
No surprises, I panicked and messed up badly :'(
*shudders just thinking about how awful it was*
Congratulations to all those with offers though and good luck
Reply 998
Original post by goldilocksa
Rejection yesterday-post interview
No surprises, I panicked and messed up badly :'(
*shudders just thinking about how awful it was*
Congratulations to all those with offers though and good luck

I'm sorry :frown: good luck with your other choices! I'm sure you will get lots of offers:redface: out of curiosity, when was your interview?
Reply 999
Just got an offer on track, had my interview on 5th March. Good luck to everybody else still waiting :smile:

Edit: thanks to the bitter person who negged me...
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest