The Student Room Group

Mill Hill County vs St Dom's vs Watford Grammar

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Adrianna123
Nopee, you just have to specify your religion :smile:

Pheeew. My interview is tomorrow....
Original post by surb2pin
It's been a week and I still haven't heard anything. :frown: I had the head of Sixth Form, don't know her name, bt she's a bio teacher. My one was very formal and was like a test. Very scary. My interview lasted 30 mins bt it felt much much longer :frown:

Okkiii its one of two....

Is it the mean old witchy lookin one or the blonde friendly one???

Well I remember another girl got an offer a month after her interview so dw...

Tbh I think dependin on who interviews u, they send it out...

Dw atleast u had a full interview!! It was annoyin that I didnt get that...
Reply 42
Original post by Sui-Kinxtar_kitty
Okkiii its one of two....

Is it the mean old witchy lookin one or the blonde friendly one???

Well I remember another girl got an offer a month after her interview so dw...

Tbh I think dependin on who interviews u, they send it out...

Dw atleast u had a full interview!! It was annoyin that I didnt get that...

She has black hair and I think it's the 1st one ... I would have rather had a shorter interview because it seemed to go on forever, and I wasnt expecting a test! Anywys what can you do. BTW what subjects are you doing for A level..
(edited 12 years ago)
She has black hair and I think it's the 1st one ... I would have rather had a shorter interview because it seemed to go on forever, and I wasnt expecting a test! Anywys what can you do. BTW what subjects are you doing for A level..

Biology, Chemistry and Latin... I dropped Math...

Oh her... Im not on good terms with her... She always makes u feel like ur hopeless n ur failing...

Dw the others are lovely :smile: I guess u need atleast ONE like that...
Reply 44
Biology, Chemistry and Latin... I dropped Math...

Oh her... Im not on good terms with her... She always makes u feel like ur hopeless n ur failing...

Dw the others are lovely :smile: I guess u need atleast ONE like that...

So u must like science then. Do u think the science teachers r gd coz i wanna do bio?:smile: I'm sorry u had a bad experience with her :frown: . It's gd 2 know that shes the only 1 like that coz if I go there I want 2 hv nice teachers! Do u get a lot of independence in the 6th form and do they treat u differently to the younger years?....
(edited 12 years ago)
Pheeew. My interview is tomorrow....

Hope it went well! :smile:
Who did you have?
So u must like science then. Do u think the science teachers r gd coz i wanna do bio?:smile: I'm sorry u had a bad experience with her :frown: . It's gd 2 know that shes the only 1 like that coz if I go there I want 2 hv nice teachers! Do u get a lot of independence in the 6th form and do they treat u differently to the younger years?....

Well yeh the teachers are super nice and supportive and the teaching standards are wayyyyy higher than my old school :P

Well depending on your teacher some of them are quite laxx but compared to other schools especially my old one its wayyyyy stricter but not that bad really :smile:
mhchs ftw!
Reply 48
Original post by Adrianna123
Hope it went well! :smile:
Who did you have?

I had the registrar. Really lovely lady and it went really well. :smile: Do pp usually hv the registrar bcoz lots of other pp said they had the teachers.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 49
i still havent heard from St Doms Sixth Form College
but, today i got an interview from Mill hill county
Does anyone one know why i still havent heard anything from st doms :s-smilie:
and does anyone what they will ask in the mill hill county interview ?:confused:
Reply 50
Original post by akihdar
i still havent heard from St Doms Sixth Form College
but, today i got an interview from Mill hill county
Does anyone one know why i still havent heard anything from st doms :s-smilie:
and does anyone what they will ask in the mill hill county interview ?:confused:

Well St Doms give interview letters right till the end of march so it is still early :smile: I dont know anything about Mill Hill though..........
Reply 51
Well yeh the teachers are super nice and supportive and the teaching standards are wayyyyy higher than my old school :P

Well depending on your teacher some of them are quite laxx but compared to other schools especially my old one its wayyyyy stricter but not that bad really :smile:

Thats gd to know :smile: The main down side about going 2 Watford is the uniform, how do u feel about wearing uniform? :smile:
Thats gd to know :smile: The main down side about going 2 Watford is the uniform, how do u feel about wearing uniform? :smile:

Well it means I dnt have to waste time choosing somthin different to wear each mornin :smile:

Its not a bad colour... Old uniform was brown!!! Urrgggghh...

And u can always get changed after school :biggrin:
Reply 53
Well it means I dnt have to waste time choosing somthin different to wear each mornin :smile:

Its not a bad colour... Old uniform was brown!!! Urrgggghh...

And u can always get changed after school :biggrin:

Well yeah I suppose uniform is not the end of the world....... Watford Grammar uniform is definitely better than mine which is green :biggrin:
Well yeah I suppose uniform is not the end of the world....... Watford Grammar uniform is definitely better than mine which is green :biggrin:

Haha lawlz I guess :smile:
Hey everyone! Just so you all know, I've attended both St. Dominic's and Watford Grammar, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask through here/in a message!
Original post by ellebright
Hey everyone! Just so you all know, I've attended both St. Dominic's and Watford Grammar, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask through here/in a message!

Hi :smile: oh how did you find st doms? I've heard that people are quite separated there
Hey i have ended up on choosing st dominics. Im appling for st doms. Im oversea but will live in harrow afterwards i get admission. ive got 3 a*s and 3 a s ane q1 B as predicted but im a muslim so is it possible for me to get in. And what is the fees
Original post by maliksajwani
Hey i have ended up on choosing st dominics. Im appling for st doms. Im oversea but will live in harrow afterwards i get admission. ive got 3 a*s and 3 a s ane q1 B as predicted but im a muslim so is it possible for me to get in. And what is the fees

Hiyaaa, yeaah don't worry you don't have to be Roman Catholic to get in...there's just a higher grade point average for non-Christians.
No fees, it's a state school. :smile:
Original post by maliksajwani

Oh by the way are you applying for this September or next...?
The application deadline for this Sept has already gone...

Quick Reply

Latest