The Student Room Group

MySQA SAM's Study Tips

It’s that time again for SAM's Study Tips! No 1: Stop putting it off! :wink:

(If you've got any tips, please share them with us!)

Scroll to see replies

SAM's Study tips No 2: Going over work as soon as you learn it will reinforce it better than leaving it to revise at the last minute.
SAM's Study Tips No 3: Plan your work, but remember planning it doesn't mean you're doing it.
SAM's Study Tips No 4: You can never study too hard or too much - but you can study too long. Take a break.
SAM's Study Tips No 5: Know how the exam works - review previous and sample papers. Previous tests prepare you for the next one.
SAM's Study Tips No 6: It's better to understand that to remember.
SAM’S Study Tips No.7 : Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. (thanks to Chris L for that one)
SAM's Study tips No 8: If you like to study to music, listen to something familiar - it'll put you in a more positive frame of mind.
SAM's Study tips 9: Don't compare your prelim performance with your friends. Set your own goals and work hard to achieve them.
Good tips, but wouldn't it be easier to put them all in one post. Just edit as you add.
Keep up the good work SAM! :biggrin: You're honestly giving me the inspiration to work. :fluffy:

Original post by whattheheck
Good tips, but wouldn't it be easier to put them all in one post. Just edit as you add.

If it was all in one post, then I wouldn't get the edits updated on my home page as I'm subscribed to it. :frown:
SAM's Study tips No 10: Which revision technique works for you? - memorise, summary notes, keywords, diagrams, find out early and use it!
If I gave them all to you at once, it would look like a lot - could you be bothered reading it all? And remembering it all?
SAM's Study tips 11: Work in bursts, have a 10 min break, start again. Build to 20 or 40 min bursts, keeping breaks to 10 min. Go!
SAM's Study tips 12: If you don't understand something, don't get stressed. Take action - ask your teacher or your class mates to help.
SAM's Study tips 13: Be realistic - if you think "anything less than A+ is a fail" then you are creating unnecessary stress for yourself.
SAM's Study tips 14: Don't drink too much coffee, tea and fizzy drinks; the caffeine will put you on edge and make your thinking less clear.
SAM's Study tips 15: Make it personal. Find your own deep and compelling reason to learn your subject successfully and pass your exams.
Original post by mysqa
SAM's Study tips 14: Don't drink too much coffee, tea and fizzy drinks; the caffeine will put you on edge and make your thinking less clear.

Didn't know that. My favourite method procrastination, making tea. Now I've got an excellent reason not to do that. Thanks SAM. These are all really useful :smile:
Original post by AspiringVet
Didn't know that. My favourite method procrastination, making tea. Now I've got an excellent reason not to do that. Thanks SAM. These are all really useful :smile:

Glad to be of service. Tea has done for many an exam grade over the decades...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending