The Student Room Group

What if Messi chose Spain?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Stu Laverty
They would be even scarier than before. This Spain team is freakishly good and I can't really see an argument for them being weaker because they have Messi, so I'd assume they'd win the World Cup and the Euros. The majority of the Spain starting XI are Barcelona players, so Messi being added to it would only benefit Spain.

Barcelona lose now and again in La Liga. It's just statistics, luck, whatever. Could easily happen at the world cup.
Original post by johnharris19944
shut up really dont make a fool of yourself.

I just don't see how Barcelona can rule the footballing world when they can't even get close to Madrid in the La Liga.

Original post by Jordan_1
Madrid... that team who can't beat Barcelona?

Copa Del Rey final? 1-0 (Ronaldo)? Wut??
Reply 22
Original post by Manchester United
I just don't see how Barcelona can rule the footballing world when they can't even get close to Madrid in the La Liga.

Copa Del Rey final? 1-0 (Ronaldo)? Wut??

Oh wow, a ****ty cup which Barca didn't care about what so ever... How many other wins they had against barca these past 3 years? Loool Wuuuut???
Original post by Jordan_1
Oh wow, a ****ty cup which Barca didn't care about what so ever... How many other wins they had against barca these past 3 years? Loool Wuuuut???

No, don't try and dodge the bullet. You said Madrid can't beat Barcelona, I gave an example of when they did. On your knees. Apologise. Now.
No, don't try and dodge the bullet. You said Madrid can't beat Barcelona, I gave an example of when they did. On your knees. Apologise. Now.

Pathetic.
Reply 25

Troll elsewhere :facepalm2:
Original post by jit987
Troll elsewhere :facepalm2:

Original post by johnharris19944
Pathetic.

Dayummm, Barcelona fan boys EVERYWHERE.

Some kid said Madrid can't beat Barcelona. I proved they can. Explain to me how that is pathetic? The fact is, Barcelona don't rule the footballing world - my original point.
Reply 27

Some kid said Madrid can't beat Barcelona. I proved they can. Explain to me how that is pathetic? The fact is, Barcelona don't rule the footballing world - my original point.

ok
Original post by jit987
ok

K.
Alonso - Busquets
Xavi
Iniesta - Messi - Villa

Scary.
Reply 30
Important information

Messi never had the choice to play for Spain. By the time he got a spanish passport he had already played for the Argentinian U20, only if a player had dual citizenship before playing for a youth team he could decide to play for the other country.

PS: Why would you neg the truth?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 31
Wait hang on, Barca rule the footballing world? Yes they have been doing fantastically well the past few seasons and were head and shoulders above the rest last season, but if they don't win their own domestic title this season then how can they be considered the best in the world?
Reply 32
Original post by Kevmeister
What if Hitler died at the age of six?

What if the Tories never got in to government?

What if the moon was made of cheese?

:lolwut:
Are you high?
Original post by Lefty_P
Wait hang on, Barca rule the footballing world? Yes they have been doing fantastically well the past few seasons and were head and shoulders above the rest last season, but if they don't win their own domestic title this season then how can they be considered the best in the world?

My point exactly.

Beware though, you will feel the force of 6 Barca fan-boys nibbling at your feet. Watch out.
Original post by Playa10
:lolwut:
Are you high?

No, merely pointing out the futility of 'what if?' threads.
Reply 35
It would more or less be the Barcelona team. It's a scary thought.
Original post by jam277
Got loads of assists for argentina and was their best player, how did he not do well at the last world cup? argentina's defence were terrible but argentina are a great team.
If messi chose spain, the argument of messi not being better than maradona would be over right now because he would have won a euro and a world cup.

This, argentina are a superb team, Di Maria, Messi, Pastore, Higuain, Lavezzi, Maschcerano, Aguero, Tevez....and then there's their defence.
Reply 37

Original post by Lefty_P

My point exactly.

Beware though, you will feel the force of 6 Barca fan-boys nibbling at your feet. Watch out.

None of you have been watching real madrid games from an unbiased point of view.

Now go back to your post match goal.com analysis.
Original post by facdroit
None of you have been watching real madrid games from an unbiased point of view.

Now go back to your post match goal.com analysis.

I've watched every single Real Madrid game in the last two years (besides the early Copa Del Rey matches).

I can't be that bias, seen as I support Manchester United.

But thanks for your input.
Reply 39
I've watched every single Real Madrid game in the last two years (besides the early Copa Del Rey matches).

I can't be that bias, seen as I support Manchester United.

But thanks for your input.

How many penalties has Ronaldo scored this season?
And how many opposition players were red carded against real madrid so far in la liga?
Hint both numbers are double digit.

Quick Reply

Latest