The Student Room Group

is anyone doing nursing at Salford starting September 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Even though it's completely different, I have a place for midwifery- I believe we share some lectures though :smile:
Reply 21

Original post by donnalouise85
Wooohooo!! am also starting in Sept for Children's nursing at Salford :-)

Oh well done looks like we will all be meeting in sept I'm soo excited but nervous bout going x
Reply 22
Well done to everyone that got in ??? Weres everyone from ??? Excited muchly xx
Original post by Emily@Salford
Hi, Im starting at Salford in September doing mental health nursing. Wondered if anyone else on here was?

Hiya,

I've had an offer for Salford, adult nursing - September 2012 - but I haven't accepted yet. I'm going to wait and see what offers I get all together - I've still got some interviews to go yet. :biggrin:

Original post by Katielou1
Weres everyone from ???

I'm from Cardiff, so it's going to be a bit mental - all my university options are up north, and in England - it's going to get some getting used to ... different accents and stuff that'll be the weirdest. I said to my friend today "have a cwtch cariad bach" and she was just like ... "ha - you won't be able to say that in England!"
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by lacelicker
Hiya,

I've had an offer for Salford, adult nursing - September 2012 - but I haven't accepted yet. I'm going to wait and see what offers I get all together - I've still got some interviews to go yet. :biggrin:

I'm from Cardiff, so it's going to be a bit mental - all my university options are up north, and in England - it's going to get some getting used to ... different accents and stuff that'll be the weirdest. I said to my friend today "have a cwtch cariad bach" and she was just like ... "ha - you won't be able to say that in England!"

I'm from near huddersfield ... So quite a trek each day but b so worth it x
Hiya, I am very excited and nervous. I live in Manchester so only 15min drive for me to Salford.

Can't wait to meet you all
x
I'm from near huddersfield ... So quite a trek each day but b so worth it x

Original post by donnalouise85
Hiya, I am very excited and nervous. I live in Manchester so only 15min drive for me to Salford.

Can't wait to meet you all
x

Everyone I speak to about Salford is commuting each day - I'm really worried that I'll be the only one in halls! :P x
Reply 27
They will others that live in da halls u will be fine... If I was yoUng n had no children I wud b at the halls xxx roll on September xxx
Reply 28
Hi, I put an application in for Salford for Child Nursing through EXTRA (changed my mind about what I wanted to do) but it sounds as if they've already given out quite a few offers, I really hope they're still considering extra applicants, i really want to do this!! Has anyone else applied through extra or knows anyone who has? x
Reply 29
Got my interview for Child Nursing tomorrow, Really nervous! Anyone got any tips on what to expect? x
I have confirmed Salford for my firm choice for Adult nursing, looking forward to meeting you all :hello:
Reply 31

Oh well done looks like we will all be meeting in sept I'm soo excited but nervous bout going x

I will also be doing Childrens Nursing in Sept.I am also really excited too.I am soooo nervous though as i am a mature student.Hoping there are a few more of us 'old fogys'on the course!!! See you Sept:smile: x
Hea, I had a interview for adult nursing on the 9th February. Still waiting for a reply but salford seemed a really nice uni. Anyone esle applied for Adult nursing September? :smile:
Original post by wendyb
I will also be doing Childrens Nursing in Sept.I am also really excited too.I am soooo nervous though as i am a mature student.Hoping there are a few more of us 'old fogys'on the course!!! See you Sept:smile: x

Hiya, how long did you have to wait before you got your offer for children's at Salford? I had my interview last week but not very positive about how it went, i just want to know and get it over with haha. I will be 27 if i get in this year so feeling old hahahaha x
Reply 34
Original post by xXRhiannonXx
Hiya, how long did you have to wait before you got your offer for children's at Salford? I had my interview last week but not very positive about how it went, i just want to know and get it over with haha. I will be 27 if i get in this year so feeling old hahahaha x

I am 26 this year .. I had interview beginning of nov n heard bk January but people have being hearing sooner.. It's awful waiting I thort my interview wa shocking I was a nervous wreck lol xxxx
Reply 35
Original post by wendyb

Oh well done I no I am so nervous .... Do u. Live local or will u b travelling xc
I am 26 this year .. I had interview beginning of nov n heard bk January but people have being hearing sooner.. It's awful waiting I thort my interview wa shocking I was a nervous wreck lol xxxx

Aww I only had mine last Monday and already getting impatient :smile: I really dont think it went well at all. I know of people that had interview Nov and still dont know, they did say will defo know by begining of April so not to long haha xx
Reply 37
Original post by xXRhiannonXx

Hi Rhiannon,
I went for my interview Nov last year n waited till mid feb for an offer,12 weeks!!!But worth the wait.....good luck hun xx
Reply 38
Oh well done I no I am so nervous .... Do u. Live local or will u b travelling xc

I live in Denton,Manchester so only a bus/train ride x
Reply 39
Hi all. I live just down the road from the uni which is handy. Am doing mental health, can't wait. Have still not heard anything about applying for the bursary yet.

Quick Reply

Latest