The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by more tea vicar?
I will implode if I don't know two things soon:

1. If I have got through to the Dip Stream FSB.
2. When my report will be out. It seems to random so far.

Garrrrrr.

1) Parity have said anyone who doesn't know already won't find out until after the final FSAC, so early April.
2) it's not random, the people who are already through to a fsb have got the reports. Presumably you'll get put in a later fsb if successful, so won't be disadvantaged by getting your report later :smile:
Original post by Moonberry
If you go into your applications and click on the scheme. Beside the FSAC is the your results letter. If the report is available then there will be a link to it above the ok button at the bottom of the page.

Thanks it is there I would have totally missed it! Very interesting reading not sure how I was successful with some of the constructive feedback!! It's good though and highlighted a major flaw which I wasn't aware of, but looking back I can see why they have put it. Definately some good things highlighted to work on.
Richardp2020, what you said about the release of reports would make sense but doesn't seem to be the case. I got my report today and I am the Northern Ireland scheme so there is no fsb.
Original post by Moonberry
Richardp2020, what you said about the release of reports would make sense but doesn't seem to be the case. I got my report today and I am the Northern Ireland scheme so there is no fsb.

Have you passed for your scheme already? maybe it's that :confused:
Richard yes I've been passed for my scheme. Didn't realise that they released any reports to people until they had either been successful or unsuccessful.
Reply 1805
Original post by SevenWonders
Good for you?

I suppose that I was trying to say that if I'd noticed someone asking I would have given the answer? I think I alluded to it in a previous post actually, if only in passing.

Either way, a rather moot point now I guess as now everybody does know...
OK, so I've been rejected from EFS, still in the running for GFS. But now my FSAC report is online so I know my score, makes it more irritating to wait!

Also my strong and weak bits are the complete opposite of what I expected. The bit I thought best was my worst...

edit: actually, looking at last year's pass marks, not much point waiting.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1807
Original post by tbtommyb
OK, so I've been rejected from EFS, still in the running for GFS. But now my FSAC report is online so I know my score, makes it more irritating to wait!

Also my strong and weak bits are the complete opposite of what I expected. The bit I thought best was my worst...

ok so now im confused about when they release them. did u have an early fsac?
HUH!? So theyre releasing FSAC reports for people who are still waiting for results? Thats crazy because presumably it shows people that they have no hope/will definately get a place?!
Madness, I tell you!
Original post by lm222
ok so now im confused about when they release them. did u have an early fsac?

Yeah, end of January.

tbh, it was probably a mistake that they put it up while I was still waiting. But it's put an end to the speculation!

also, we're kind of assuming that everyone reads these threads and knows what the average pass mark is. For most people knowing their mark is pretty irrelevant because they won't know the cut off.
(edited 12 years ago)
This is just a personal opinion, but I think it would do a lot of good for them to be more open about the scores. I think it would be beneficial to let people know their score when they receive it and how many points above/below last years pass score it is. Something like:
'Dear Mr. X you got 17.03 its in your recent FSAC today, based on last years scores you are 0.03 points above the threshold needed to pass.'
and then a disclaimer saying nothing is set in stone.
Reply 1812
Just read my report, very interesting stuff. No surprises with what they believe my relative strengths and weaknesses are, I happen to agree with them!

Anyway, for the benefit of all those reading the thread next year and trying to work out where they're at, I scored 17.36. Good luck in 2013 :wink:
Original post by TomDixie
Just read my report, very interesting stuff. No surprises with what they believe my relative strengths and weaknesses are, I happen to agree with them!

Anyway, for the benefit of all those reading the thread next year and trying to work out where they're at, I scored 17.36. Good luck in 2013 :wink:

How do you get to see it? also from reading previous thrwads i thought 17+ was meant to be amazing ie. HoP/DS? well, at least immediate pass...?
I'm not sure about HoP, but I'm sure the pass score for DS is high 18s/low 19s. 17 was for CDs :smile:
Reply 1815
These were posted earlier as indicative of where you need to be looking for each scheme (although as the poster indicates, things may well ahve changed a bit, e.g. EFS now being a separate scheme, etc.)

Original post by auga
Got this from thread in 2010, I think:

[INDENT]CD:
Lowest pass - 17.25

HR:
Lowest pass - 16.90

TiB:
Lowest pass - 15.74

DS:
Lowest pass - 19.44

EFS:
Lowest pass - 17.97

HoP

Lowest pass - 17.97

GES
Lowest Pass - 16.37
[/INDENT]

Not sure how representative it is + things might have changed since then. 2011 thread also mentioned a CD passmark being between 16.91 and 17.09, and a HoP pass of 17.87
Reply 1816
Original post by ellie_flower
How do you get to see it? also from reading previous thrwads i thought 17+ was meant to be amazing ie. HoP/DS? well, at least immediate pass...?

Click on view results, fsac report is at the bottom of the page.

17+ is CD, close to 18 for HoP.
Original post by TomDixie
Click on view results, fsac report is at the bottom of the page.

17+ is CD, close to 18 for HoP.

I dont have it???? does everybody have it yet or is it just those who did it reall early? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1818
Original post by ellie_flower
I dont have it???? does everybody have it yet or is it just those who did it reall early? Thanks :smile:

I don't think time you attended fsac has anything to do with it as I did mine on 12th Jan :frown: but still awaiting
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1819
If it's any consolation, Ellie, I don't have mine either. Having said that, I'm still awaiting results for EFS DS, so that could be why.

My understanding is that around 15 EFSers are taken on each year, and that there may be 8-10 who are successful at FSAC, but who are not offered a job. I don't particularly like those odds, I have to say, but I suppose if I'm still in the running for EFS DS after all these narrowings, I am likely to have scored highly enough to be in with a good chance.

I may be misinterpreting my own situation, but I hope that the figures above are helpful (they are reliable).

PS: I wonder if this part of the process is to test competency number 7: inexhaustible reserves of patience....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending