Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Code Geass - What did you think? (Spoilers!)

Announcements Posted on
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    JUST finished watching Code Geass. It was a surprisingly deep anime, where both the "protagonist" and "antagonists" were willing to shed the blood (in this case of MILLIONS) in order to achieve "peace"

So what were your thoughts on Lelouch's method for peace? And what about that of his father, the Emperor, and Schneizel, his brother?

What were your thoughts on the anime overall?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Loved the firest series. Felt let down by the second, it just lacked a certain vibe. Like he was out of control.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was crap. Most people think I'm a troll though for thinking this, but I really REALLY disliked it.

I liked the idea of the Geass. I liked the characters (bar that crazy lady who had some complex over Princess Euphenia). I liked the soundtrack. I just didn't like the overall execution of the whole thing. I thought it was very messy, and way too over-clichéd in my opinion. And I hated the anorexic art work. There are some pretty awesome AMV's from it though.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naami)
    I thought it was crap. Most people think I'm a troll though for thinking this, but I really REALLY disliked it.

I liked the idea of the Geass. I liked the characters (bar that crazy lady who had some complex over Princess Euphenia). I liked the soundtrack. I just didn't like the overall execution of the whole thing. I thought it was very messy, and way too over-clichéd in my opinion. And I hated the anorexic art work. There are some pretty awesome AMV's from it though.
    Did you watch both series?
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    I liked the anime. The comparisons between Code Geass and Death Note are very tiresome, and I don't really think Geass compares in quite the same way, but the last episode of Code Geass (the second season I think) is one of my favourite anime episodes. There are so many parts of Code Geass I found so boring, mainly all the mecha stuff with the bots and everything... Ah, not watched Code Geass in a year, can't remember it that well actually.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    The final episode of Code Geass, I think, was top notch. One of THE BEST final episodes.

Actually I found it quite interesting. However, I just thought that there were TOO MANY plot twists in the second season, which made certain parts of it feel a little bit cheaper and more manufactured. And of course there are always the amazing circumstances of someone being in place at EXACTLY the right time, or Lelouch somehow MIRACULOUSLY anticipating EXACTLY what a character will say and planning out for responses. However, this aside, it was a top notch anime. Perhaps it's because I hate "good vs evil" stories as I don't think they're very realistic, and this was indeed a "grey vs grey" storyline where all sides were neither fully good or fully evil. The music was good, though I think there could have been MORE

Personally, if I had to give it a rating, it would probably receive a 8.5 out of 10
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Did you watch both series?
    I watched season 1 and half of season 2. I just couldn't watch it anymore. I know how it ends though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I liked it and found it pretty entertaining.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    A most beautiful, captivating train wreck. (avec trolling disabled blind girl)
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good and entertaining.. although the second series was a massive trainwreck... yet for me a very entertaining trainwreck. But its not a masterpiece.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely loved it personally, it's one of my favourite series. A lot of people seem to think R2 is the weaker of the two but I absolutely loved it, I think it kept the pace of the plot moving forward really well and I loved the development of the central concept of Geass. The plot was intricate and original and everything came together by the end of the series. I was very sad when it ended!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wish R3 would hurry up and come out (That's if it ever does)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkphilosopher)
    I wish R3 would hurry up and come out (That's if it ever does)
    eep~ But R3 DOESN'T HAVE LELOUCH INNNNNN~~~I think it's just a dude with a freaky arm...or so I hearddd
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    best ending in the anime world...season 2 that is. Also how it was planned out was amazing imo.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is there going to be an r3?^
    • 67 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    Good and entertaining.. although the second series was a massive trainwreck... yet for me a very entertaining trainwreck. But its not a masterpiece.
    Ditto.

I'm pretty certain there's a similar thread to this.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That princess dying absolutely touched my heart
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moneys)
    That princess dying absolutely touched my heart
    spoiler :ninja:

R1 was awesome to watch. R2's strategies and battles were pretty contrived, but the entertainment value and the ending made up for that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confuzzled92)
    spoiler :ninja:

R1 was awesome to watch. R2's strategies and battles were pretty contrived, but the entertainment value and the ending made up for that.
    Sorry about that i absolutly forgot
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsRaindrop)
    eep~ But R3 DOESN'T HAVE LELOUCH INNNNNN~~~I think it's just a dude with a freaky arm...or so I hearddd
    Lelouch may not be dead, there's speculation (in my head at least) that he could have taken C.C's code (like Charles took V.V's) and become immortal

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 25, 2012
New on TSR

£50 in vouchers up for grabs!!!

Post a fun fact and quote in a member to win!

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.